What does everyone do for a living?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting school, again, in a couple weeks to finally pursue something that interests me - electrical(electronics) engineering. I'm doing it because I want to be able to make/design shit with electronics, not really for career per se. I don't see myself leaving the field I am in now, regardless of education or credentials. I like what I do. I just want to learn other shit for me..

pizza shop night manager FTW!!!

you would have hated me :D. i delivered and wouldnt learn anything but dishes (they didnt pay me enough to do more), so when the phone rang and i was sitting around in the back i would just yell "PHONE!!!!!" from my stool :lol:

Wow thats pretty sweet i thought my job was cool... Im on the Bomb Squad... you know like keanu Reeves in that movie speed... but way cooler:lol::lol::lol: No for real Im military Explosive Ordnance Disposal its alot of fun im working on getting a degree right now so that when i get out I would like to work for an alphabet company doing explosive forensics or something like that. So i am getting a bio/chemical engineering degree

wow, thats the only job harder than mine in the army, i was an air traffic controller before blackhawk mechanic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I work in the CAD industry. I used to do contract work, designing fixtures to inspect turbine engine castings, modeling turbines from 2D drawings to 3D, reverse-engineering castings for pattern shops, etc.

Now I test the software I used to use. For the past few years, I've been testing the Simulation (CAE) software that works on top of the CAD software used mostly for machine design. Dynamic Simulation and Stress Analysis (FEA).

I really like my job a lot, but it has been challenging and time consuming lately. I work closely with a worldwide team of mechanical and software engineers (US, France, Czech, China). It is cool when I get to travel (which doesn't happen very often lately). But conferencing with other time zones can get old fast.

i wear a plastic suit with a face mask and carry a brush to comb the brass poles first then spray disenfect them after

Well in all fairness my response was to how licking stripper poles can't hurt lol.