What does everyone do for a living?

I run an import/export business, mostly Hondas. We bring in halfcuts and a few whole cars but sell those for "motorsports" only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mklotz70

We all have datsuns in common, but only a few of the guys on here actually eat in them, sleep in them, and breathe. I love art too, but Datsun comes first. The datos are the canvas for now.....that canvas might change, but the art will continue

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great album. That was one of the first I bought (on cassette) after I joined the Navy and had a regular paycheck. Others were Santana (self-titled and Abraxas), The Doors (LA Woman), and another Johnny Cash (don't remember).

Do they ever host a prison car show?

First time I've actually read through this thread.....interesting :)

I'm an Electronic Tech for the USPS.......so mostly I just walk around pissing and moaning about how stupid management is! :) The best part of my job is working side-by-side with my wife everyday! She's a mechanic for the PO. 90% of what we do is exactly the same....I make a bit more for the other 10% :) It's a decent job and I don't mind the work.....it's dealing with the complete morons that are in management because they couldn't do their job on the floor. Guess what........they still can't!!! I know.....that's pretty much the same in any large company, but I'm only concerned with the one I'm in! :) To be fair....about 1 in 10 supervisors/managers are okay. I've met the "1" but he just retired :( The nice thing about paid sick leave..........any day might just be friday!!! :)

• 4 weeks later...

man there's some diversity in here!

My weekly 40 is as a producer/editor (I use the term "producer" extremely lightly) for a national radio network. I also do a little DJing from time to time(I used to DJ two weekend shows one focusing on hip-hop/r&b and the other on metal/hardcore)

My other job/calling is as a youth pastor and that is generally 20 hours or so a week depending on the state of the teens! I would love to be freed up to do this more full time but I'm thankful for what I get to do. I think the youth are the future and it's a good investment.

With my small pay, and large family to provide for- I don't have near as much time/money as I would like for my datsun projects!

I am recently retired from the Air force after 21+ years. In a moment of weakness or insanity, I decied to become an auto shop teacher at the High School...loving most minutes of it! Newest shop projects are my '64 Suburban and my '78 510 2 door hatchback (see parts wanted!) Both are a blast and the kids love em even if they are super low budget (teachers salary sucks, but turning them into gearheads is cool!) :thumbup: BW Montana

I'm a library aide at the Norwalk regional library. I make less than 10,000 a year and currently a student in Cerritos college. Currently lost with no idea of a career. So does anyone know any good job opening's with good pay? I'm highly motivated when money is waved in front of me.... Also draw arts and work on old cars....

chevtruknut....my wife and I met our first day of inprocessing at the CBPO on Malmstrom AFB!! :) 25 years ago!!! We were both in the 2153rd, which I'm pretty sure is gone now.... Anyway.... We'll be back there this summer for dinner on out 25th!

Draftsman (and after reading the rest of these threads, I see a pattern...) But, I draw plans for houses, not machine parts. But I should switch, given the rest of the country not able to afford houses.:confused:

First time I've actually read through this thread.....interesting :)

it's dealing with the complete morons that are in management because they couldn't do their job on the floor. Guess what........they still can't!!!

My buddy that works for united airlines told me this " they promote by icompetence, its cheaper for the company to move them up over keeping them on the floor".

I'm 22 years old worked as a welder for two years. Went to work right after two year of school. I've built power transformers for a year http://deltastar.com/. Now I make electrical switch gear http://www.trayer.com/.

Dont I feel like the odd one out...I have a diffrent Datsun than most people(710) and I love it. Im more than likely the youngest here (16) and Im a student in High School...so you can bet daddy helps pay for parts just as long as I keep my grades up which to me is soooo easy. So yea, thats my job.

I just got fired.

I worked construction and at a skate shop. [best job ever] then I got kicked out of my house [crazy step mom] because my brother hung the phone up on her.

and I needed real money so I started working at Warn Ind. making winch's. large frame pride! then after a year I didn't want to work swing anymore so I found a job at TEMCO. [they make diesel tank caps and tank necks. No one there spoke english for the most part. I went crazy. and they fired my for not showing up on presidents day. they celebrate chinese new year but not presidents day. go figure.

so now I am poor and unemployed.

wish I wasn't 18 so insurance wasn't so much.

I just got fired. So now I am poor and unemployed.

wish I wasn't 18 so insurance wasn't so much.

I feel for you man... Luckly I'm mexican and I could say that I don't have papers and will work for minimum or worse. :fu:

I actually did that for 2 years....

Dont I feel like the odd one out...I have a diffrent Datsun than most people(710) and I love it. Im more than likely the youngest here (16) and Im a student in High School...so you can bet daddy helps pay for parts just as long as I keep my grades up which to me is soooo easy. So yea, thats my job.

Wow, I'm almost double your age (30). Yes, keep the grades up, and the Datsun parts rollin' in!

wow, missed this long thread.... everyone here has cool jobs

im a teacher now....

and a freelance dj. dont like to get paid to dj though cuz it takes the fun out of it. lots of people bitching down my neck asking for shitty songs that nobody would ever dance to :fu:

ol yeller!!!! you work at dc right? so know of place called steves plating in burbank make parts for your company sometimes?

• 2 weeks later...

I work here, making stuff like this:

superstacker.jpg

I do machining, TIG and MIG welding, mechanical design (in Solidworks), and some electrical work. And make some occasional parts for the CEO's old GMC trucks. We do control retrofits on all kinds of manufacturing equipment (paper, wood, glass, CNC machines), and build a few machines ourselves, such as the one shown here. This one pushes glass bottles off one conveyor onto another, where they go through an annealing oven.

Andrew