Fisch's 1959 Datsun 1000 project! Peeking in the oilpan!

fisch

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just got to watch the vid.....that was awesome!!! Congrats!!! Sounded pretty good too!!

Do you have the coolant system working? Water in the radiator? That's probably your next step so you can run it for more than 30 sec. Actually....getting constant fuel is probably the next step :)

Fuel pump?!? I better dig in that box again!

Yup I bought hoses for the radiator after flushing it with a garden hose. Filled it with a 50/50 mix. Granted there might be an air bubble in there I am not aware of. But I tried to fill it really slow and there is no heater hooked up.

The post on the end of the temp sender is broken off almost all the way, but I should try to jerry rig it back up. Or just get one at Napa.

I have the same broken stem on the oil pressure sensor too.

Before I run it for any length of time I need to get those two things in order so I know what is going on!

fisch you are so dedgum funny :lol:

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! Doin a dance doin a dance!

Where is the dancing video :lol:

oh yeah I saw a cheerios commercial today that was advertising the story books it was real cool , I was looking for jump ....... Way to go on getting it running sounded very good .

WAY TO GO FISCH!!!

I knew it was just a matter of time. Try taking your pump off and putting the inlet side into a can of fuel and pumping it by hand. That should prime it and see if it works or not. If it does, hook your line from the tank up to it, prime it, bolt it back up.

Again

CONGRADULATIONS!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! We had a WEIRD 60 degree day today and I had to make the most of it in the garage!

Tomorrow will be 20 degrees cooler. I ama total wimp when it comes to cold!

Now to sort out the clutch master and slave. Look into the brakes (at least get the E-brake working) and maybe putt around the yard with it?

Thanks guys! We had a WEIRD 60 degree day today and I had to make the most of it in the garage!

Tomorrow will be 20 degrees cooler. I ama total wimp when it comes to cold!

Now to sort out the clutch master and slave. Look into the brakes (at least get the E-brake working) and maybe putt around the yard with it?

If you do any putting around any where you better have the wife out there with the video camera :lol: Thank you so very much for sharing with us fisch . The video I watched today just made my week :thumbsup: