What datsun started your addiction?

What Datsun started your addiction?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What Datsun started your addiction?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

common dude, you didn't even put a b210 section in there, not even an other datssun section. any way for me it was the b210 and 620 trucks. when i was a teen, my neighbor had a b210 that she drove and beat the snot out of until she wrecked it. i have always loved that body style even though a lot of people find it ugly.

common dude, you didn't even put a b210 section in there, not even an other datssun section. any way for me it was the b210 and 620 trucks. when i was a teen, my neighbor had a b210 that she drove and beat the snot out of until she wrecked it. i have always loved that body style even though a lot of people find it ugly.

Dam it! I knew I forgot one, it's kinda dumb they only let you have max 10 different selections. Maybe I can team 210's with 1200's. Lets see if I can edit the poll.

My first driving experience was in my folks' '73 620. Which they bought new in '73, before I was born. My folks still have it though it hasn't run in over 5 years... the battery exploded, which no one noticed until there was no longer a place to put the battery. Now there's just a hole where the battery box used to be. Since no one in the family welds, it has sat until the brakes froze up (can't turn the rear wheels). Sad... I can't even tow it out of the yard to work on it.

What started the whole addiction?

I was at the first 2.5 TransAm race that Morton drove the 510 for BRE at. May 1971, Bryar Motorsports Park, Loudon, NH. That little car went like stink until the rearend gave out. They fixed it coming back-out 17 laps down and started all over again cutting thru the field like it was butter.

It wasn't until 1983 that I bought my first Datsun, a fine one owner 510 that Mrs. LeBlanc used to get groceries with. I still have it today. It has a few battle scars on it.

Here are a couple shots of my first 510 on an "off" day in 1988 (ironically at Bryar). I guess I just didn't have what it took to be a BRE 510 driver.

There is an article about the "race" posted to the DQ site:

http://dimequarterly.tierranet.com/articles/racereports/rr_davepatten01.shtml

rr_davepatten01_01.jpg

rr_davepatten01_02.jpg

For me it was the 320, especially the NL. And I never found one either!! I would trade my 521 for a NL320 any day if it were in equal condition, possibly for a regular 320 too- And I love my 521!

510 & 620

I liked my dads 620 cuz of the bullet sides, but i remember seeing a race one day on tv like what Dime Dave does with his 1200, i asked my dad what it was and he said oh, thats a datsun 510. he said good luck finding one in good condition tho, they are all rusted out by now. That was about 13 years ago.

definitely a 2-door 1200 this dude had when I was in 5th or 6th grade, sometime in the 80's.

Metallic green, medium flake with a white painted top, cragar whire type wheels, (they weren't actually wires though) that were offset a little so they stuck out just a smidge, loud exhaust, with a fast dual carb motor. I rode in it once and was hooked!

creepy,s 510 is what got me in to Datsuns

I was 15 and he showed up at a freinds house..... It was love at first site 10 years later i got my first 510 a 2dr i pull out of a field,and then I found my 4dr and have been grease ever since.

Thanks Todd :lol::lol:

February 1994, Boise, Idaho my dad plunked down $650 for a forest green 1978 longbed 5 speed. I got to drive it 100 miles home to McCall. Front tires were way outta balance. Every time you hit a bump the steering wheel would darn near shake outta yer hands!

Every time I would let off the gas pedal it would backfire Very loud!!

I was hooked!! I was 17 at the time and in 3 years I put almost 100,000 miles on that little truck.

I have had a '72 620, '80 720 KC 4X4 5spd L20 and now my '71 521.

The 620 is what did it for me. I had wanted one for a really long time but everyone that I ever looked out was either beat to hell or rusted out really bad. My first was a Zcar but I don't count it cause it was a 91 300zx and was a nissan not a datsun.

Currently I have 3 datsuns, a 77 620 KC, a 78 620 KC, and an 84 300zx.

I'm supposed to be picking up a 79 620 KC tomorrow and I traded off a 73 reg. cab, short bed 620 to a buddy of mine.

For me it was the 510, but I had a 1200 sedan before my first dime...had a goon then a 2DR....got a 12 now

BTW, saw a guy this week with a BRE replica this week on the way to work, looked pretty good.