ratsun pets, we know you got-em, now show-em

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is Aquene.

I rescued her from a friends last year when she was about 3 months old.

She's almost a year old.

She's a mix between two mutts who are are both a mix of mutts.

Something between a golden retriever and a german shepherd.

she is my best friend.

P1080048.jpg

P1080051.jpg

P1080057.jpg

P1080076.jpg

P1080083.jpg

P1080089.jpg

P1080103.jpg

P1080137.jpg

P1080204.jpg

P1080252.jpg

P1080255.jpg

P1080271.jpg

P1080394.jpg

This is one of my favorite threads on Ratsun. So many of us have "adopted, rescued, found, picked up, or just fell in love with" all these critters, it reminds me of the passion we feel about our Dattos (and how we came to own them) and the community in general. Makes me want to cruise the shelter for another 4 legged!

And buy another Datsun

DOG FOR SALE:

A guy is driving around the back woods of Montana and he sees a sign in front of a broken down shanty-style house: 'Talking Dog For Sale 'He rings the bell and the owner appears and tells him the dog is in the backyard.

The guy goes into the backyard and sees a nice looking Labrador retriever sitting there.

'You talk?' he asks.

'Yep,' the Lab replies.

After the guy recovers from the shock of hearing a dog talk, he says 'So, what's your story?'

The Lab looks up and says, 'Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA.

In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping.'

'I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running...

But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a batch of medals.'

'I got married, had a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired.'

The guy is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog.

'Ten dollars,' the guy says.

'Ten dollars? This dog is amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?'

'Because he's a Bullshitter . He's never been out of the yard'

:lol:

Missy the pound mutt is around 8 years old. She was an owner surrender due to "financial issues" but I suspect they were just done breeding her. I think she's probably Boxer/Bullmastiff but who really knows? Absolutely useless as a guard dog (too friendly) but people seem to hesitate to come down my driveway or get out of their cars unless I tell them it's alright. She's sweeter than she is smart but pretty well behaved. Mostly just a big wad of lazy. Definitely a keeper.

010.jpg

013-3.jpg

0022-2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Last night it was time. An old neighbor who is a vet came over and helped send our little spaniel Duke off to sleep for the last time. We held him and petted him and told him what a good boy he was as his eyes got heavier and heavier. He was wrapped in his favorite blanket when he drifted away from us.

I had a special place ready for him out in the back yard where he won't be disturbed while he dreams of chasing rabbits.

Last night it was time. An old neighbor who is a vet came over and helped send our little spaniel Duke off to sleep for the last time. We held him and petted him and told him what a good boy he was as his eyes got heavier and heavier. He was wrapped in his favorite blanket when he drifted away from us.

I had a special place ready for him out in the back yard where he won't be disturbed while he dreams of chasing rabbits.

:crying:

I still have "those" moments when I think about my buddy that I had to put to sleep few months ago :( . I wish they would live longer. 8, 10 or 15 years just isn't enough

Here is "Peanut" She is a pure blood 5 yr old Mexican Pit Bull. She is posing in her 8HP Briggs powered Model T gasser.

PeanutsT2.jpg

That flop ear gives her personality x 10! Now that the kids are all gone, she is the baby!

• Like 1

Your dog depends on you to take care of him as he will die to take care of you. Yet when the time comes they depend on you to make their passing as painless as possible. The problem is dealing with the pain of that choice, and the loss of your best friend. :crying: It sucks that you only have a few years to share but I look at it like this, dogs usually run ahead of us anyway, we will catch up later.

• Like 2