What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

Today I woke up sick and tired of looking at your low trucks. I realised that LOW is BIG thing. So I sent her away to the Low shop. I'm in class right now (Grad school) and having just completed an assignment I have to present later this morning I find myself thinking of nothing other than... will she be low enough?

From the rim (14") the arch will sit 55cm about the bottom of the rim. Currently She's sporting 195/70 R14s so there should be about 2.5 cms clearance... I worry that it will be much... is just in my mind, or should i have gone lower?

It doesn't matter how low you go, you will want to go lower. It is an addiction. I want mine lower, but i want it to ride decent too. So i'm not going any lower for a while.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got Low and Sorted my fuel tank. cleaned tank and sender unit. new hose start to finish. New jubilee clips, bolts the lot. just waiting on a new fuel filter. (more cosmetic and belt and braces I guess).

33639000052_medium.jpg33639000050_medium.jpg33639000051_medium.jpg

33639000054_medium.jpg33639000047_medium.jpg33639000056_medium.jpg

Happy camper!

I thought about serious lowness with one of the 620's I've got...chop the top too & get it so low you can't see over the top of a speedbump. Just this side of subterranean! I can pass someone w/o having to go around them.

Fat chance, tho'. Too many pitted roads in my town between all the rock & roll RXR crossings.

(LOW...more than just a band from Duluth)

Edited by mellotrongirl

well i didnt have to do anything to it. just put some gas in it an did some errands with it. have the give the truck a little break on the weekends too lol. drivin it back and forth to work is about a 60 mile round trip wednesday through sunday. i really need to get the exhaust finished on it tho... its soooo loud right now!

I drove mine to the local cruise night. Man, that clutch is slipping, the trans is hard shifting, oils seeps from the rear seal and one of the cylinders is off by at least 30 (cold test- 120, 120, 120, 90) but it was still a blast! First time I've ever drivin it at night. Glad the lights worked!

I got my 620 running today and was able to drive her around the parking lot. ive never that big of a smile on my face in a long time. my girlfriend got a little jealous.

i need an air cleaner does anyone have one for a 78 620 california model, ive looked around all week i cant find one

Well--ahem--yesterday I backed out of a tight driveway with the tailgate down (on purpose) and creased an old Chevy truck just above the gas tank opening parked across the street. The 620 was unscathed. The corner of the tailgate nearly poked a hole in the Chevy! The gash was a foot long, and three inches deep. I asked the guy how much he wanted to fix the dent & he was happy with $45. The truck had a lot of other dents in it anyway...I bet if I hit the truck again, I'd probably take one of the dents out. I asked the guy if it even runs; he said it was his daily driver. Nice guy tho'--he's known me a long time.

That was the first accident I had in fifteen years...the previous one was sliding on the snow past a stop sign and nicked bumpers with a neighbor passing by. No damage to his car, but dented the bumper slightly on mine. Otherwise...32 years or driving w/o incident (sans roadkill out in the woods).

Edited by mellotrongirl

Tried to pull the rear drums...:eek:...EXPLETIVE!!

Got tired of trying to pull the rear drums....what a real drag!:mad:

Called a guy about some oldschool hubcaps...put the wheels back on and went for a nice long drive at about 80...:D

I swear I am gonna bash the living daylights out of those rear drums...I have new ones anyway. WTH???:blink:

I swear I am gonna bash the living daylights out of those rear drums...I have new ones anyway. WTH???:blink:

That is the only way dude! The BFH and some earplugs so you won't hold back!

Tried to pull the rear drums...:eek:...EXPLETIVE!!

Got tired of trying to pull the rear drums....what a real drag!:mad:

Called a guy about some oldschool hubcaps...put the wheels back on and went for a nice long drive at about 80...:D

i know this sounds like a noob mistake, but make sure your e-brake is off to. sometimes people forget it. i have always been able to just use a wrench tapping on it, once i had to use the back side of a hatchet.

Hahaha...thread jacked!

Thanks guys, yeah...all the way backed off...e-brake off. 3 lb sledge...:blink:

Hitting the drum face/axle face/outer drum edge/frame/shocks/headlights/dashboard...

No dice. I mean really...they spin free...the secret is going to be smashing the freekin crap out of it until I hit the side of my truck or my thumb...then I will go get a huge puller and do it right.:blink:

We now resume our regularly scheduled program already in session:

started removing sheetmetal (gotta make a bigger motor fit). cant say what just yet, dont think many of you will agree with my choice. Anyways, I found just what I expected...rust:eek:. anybody want the L20B and 4 speed from this truck? doesnt run, but does turn over by hand. come and get it!:D

picture.php?albumid=350&pictureid=1776

picture.php?albumid=350&pictureid=1777

picture.php?albumid=350&pictureid=1779

seriously though, not using this motor and trans, its free for the taking...if anybody needs some parts, PM me ...just cover shipping and its yours

Edited by lukey