What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Were you in downtown Spokane Friday a little after midnight in an orange KC with primer front end and a "My dogma ate your karma" sticker on the back? If so I was right next to you at the light by the freeway in a silver tacoma... The GF and I were just coming home from watching that new Dillinger flick, I was like "sweet, a 79 KC, thats what I was working on all day" and she was like "hmmm..." :lol:

I replaced the dash and wiring harness in the KC... I bolted it all in hooked it all up and realized that I forgot to put the damn vent tubes in... Everything works except for a few dash bulbs and my alternator light is coming on. Ive still got to make sure I rewired everything right. I used an auto harness from a different year in a manual truck and there were a few differences.

Were you in downtown Spokane Friday a little after midnight in an orange KC with primer front end and a "My dogma ate your karma" sticker on the back? If so I was right next to you at the light by the freeway in a silver tacoma... The GF and I were just coming home from watching that new Dillinger flick, I was like "sweet, a 79 KC, thats what I was working on all day" and she was like "hmmm..." :lol:

I replaced the dash and wiring harness in the KC... I bolted it all in hooked it all up and realized that I forgot to put the damn vent tubes in... Everything works except for a few dash bulbs and my alternator light is coming on. Ive still got to make sure I rewired everything right. I used an auto harness from a different year in a manual truck and there were a few differences.

Yeah, that was me.

Changed trans oil. Replaced with Redline MT-90.

Changed Diff oil. Replaced with Redline GL-5 oil.

Changed motor oil. Refilled with Royal Purple, some LucasOil, and a K&N filter.

Drove the shit out of it.

(it's my daily for now- until I can fix the motor mount on my girl's SE-R, she's driving my Frontier)

DSC03694.jpg

DSC03692.jpg

I have decided to do a 3 link on my Datsun what are ur insights on that.

I think you should start a new thread. This one is about:

What did you do to your truck today?

I walked into the garage and LOOKED at my Datsun Truck. It might as well be a trailier queen only driven once evry two weeks.

Guest DatsuNoob

Me and Joe joined my motor and transmission today, went super smooth. That was after cleaning up about 3-4 qts of oil that spilled out onto the garage floor. I guess the engine hoist lost ram pressure and came to rest on top of the motor, tipping it over, which caused the leak :eek:. Anyway, KA24de w/83 ZX 5psd, alum flywheel, exedy clutch. STOKED!:D Pics to be added tomorrow night on my build thread "Recent Progress".

Guest DatsuNoob
I smashed my rusty drivers fender into a parking lot post in a apartment complex today.. one more reason to replace my fender!!!

Whatcha do that for? :lol:

bought a new rad cap as the old one was anceint. then proceded to pop the head gasket. I knew it was coming as she was sipping coolant with no visible leaks. now I have 2 choices. cut up the black truck and swap the L20 and finally do my cab swap OR yank and go through the L16. right now I am more leaning tward fixing th 16 as I really need my truck fo parts hauling.

My cat took a dump 2 weeks ago. I haven't been able to drive my truck since then (after replacing the alternator) becuase it's clogged up.... I spent all friday going to local muffler shops but no one wanted to gut the cat or remove it w/out replacing it.... after much frustration I simply cut it off myself..... I like the open header sound, reminds me of those jeeps in Glamis.

I tack welded a temporary pipe. I drove it 20 miles to my friends shop and got it fixed :D . I also had him add a flange near the muffler so I can remove the center section of the exhaust and make a custom straight pipe I can switch out.

So here's what I spent today doing.

IMG_1559a.jpg

IMG_1560a.jpg

IMG_1566a.jpg

pulled the cover off of the 521, started taking the fenders off, getting it ready for the cab swap, on the 620 I got the engine and trans loose and ready to come out, got the wheels off of it, its gonna be a slow process in stripping it.

When to the local dump with the Datsun,weight 3500lbs going it and 2,550lbs going out.Had 940lbs of junk in the back of my little truck. I stalled it twice,the j13 could hardly pull it.Hell of a drive there,but soon as we dumped it back to haulin balls at 50mph. Found out the driver side rear fender was rubbing the tire abit. Might try to roll the rear fenders tomorrow.What a day.