What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

shipping on that!!!! wow that would be pricey, if i still lived in muncie i would be there tomorrow!

started removing sheetmetal (gotta make a bigger motor fit). cant say what just yet, dont think many of you will agree with my choice. Anyways, I found just what I expected...rust:eek:. anybody want the L20B and 4 speed from this truck? doesnt run, but does turn over by hand. come and get it!:D

picture.php?albumid=350&pictureid=1776

picture.php?albumid=350&pictureid=1777

picture.php?albumid=350&pictureid=1779

seriously though, not using this motor and trans, its free for the taking...if anybody needs some parts, PM me ...just cover shipping and its yours

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

discovered my entire roof is covered in bondo.....for no reason what so ever, just a couple of little dings in it thats it, im confused as why people would do that, oh well, one step closer to paint

shipping on that!!!! wow that would be pricey, if i still lived in muncie i would be there tomorrow!

I mean if there are any little parts, let me know. the motor, trans and EVERYTHING under the hood is coming out! wiring, brackets, everything is free for the price of shipping.

cut a square out of the floor board to replace it

Got it cut right, got a piece of metal cut right. used a stick welder and burned holes thru it :lol: Even on the lowest setting its just way to hot. Polished the gas cap, looks goooooooooood :D

Polished one of the bed hooks. Need more buffing shit before i continue. Got a spot of grease on it and the shit just wont go away

Threw a quick wash on it and went to the Beaches cruise in. Lotsa fun and met some cool Datsun enthusiasts! Missed Klotz by a few minutes apparently, was looking forward to seeing the NL in person... Maybe next time We'll get there a bit earlier. Wish I didn't work on Saturdays, I'd like to go to Troutdale this weekend...:mad:

changed the spark plugs in my 620 trayback to fix the misfire. Then went for a slide and skid around the grassy paddock after the thunderstorms finished. Good fun! (But I really should fix those brakes....and the leaking hoses..and...):D

not a damn thing, too hot to work on it

Same here--when the temp. goes above 80, I lose 20% motivation for every three degrees F. it rises. After that, I'm either in the basement, in the pool, or not shopping in an air-conditioned store.

I had to add nearly a gallon of distilled water to roughly half of the twenty Trojan T-105 batteries that run the '78 620 EV. I just checked them all merely three weeks ago, but in hot weather, the water level can get down to the cores in short order.

I can't do that in my sloping driveway, or while parked along the busy crowned street in front of my place, so the nearest level ground condusive to properly checking battery levels is the nearby Safeway parking lot. Electric vehicles sure can draw a lot of curious onlookers...esp. if it's a 30+year old pickup truck conversion. I actually had a guy driving a B210 come up to me and said he never knew Datsun "made a truck like that".

Removed existing shoes and wheel cylinders from the rear. Cleaned and painted backing plate. Cleaned entire underside of bed. Removed drums and wheel cylinders from old axle in backyard to find brand new shoes. Cleaned all wheel cylinders except one known bad one. Removed hard lines off rear axle and cleaned. Ready for reinstall

Gas tank undercoated and ready for reinstall

Today, I jacked up the rear of my 720 and spent way more time than I wanted to trying to get the wheels off, much to the dismay of my next door neighbor, who just doesn't understand why I've got to "...make such a damned racket all them time with that damn truck..." And then discovered that all the effort on the wheels was totally wasted because the drum brakes were totally rusted and wouldn't come off.. Oh well. So, I put the wheels back on, set her back on the ground, and went for a few laps around the neighborhood.

And I might have totally 'accidentally' come to a complete stop, pressed the gas, and let my foot slip on the clutch once or twice in front of my neighbor's house. :D But, she still owes me $50 for work I did in her yard, so all I have to say to her is this: :fu: haha

today i... finished my wire tuck. there are now literally three wires in the engine bay. took my sweet ass time doing it over the past few days trying to pick the perfect spot to run the wires. my truck has an rotary swap in it so there were a lot of unused wires that got eliminated. i did have to extend a good amount of wires but no big deal.

now i need a welder to get rid of all the holes....