What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

Today my SR20det motor and tranny arrived,removed a/c,p/s,Alt and all the brackets.Going to run a top mount header on it for abit more room.Now have to place afew orders for the rest of the parts in need for it swap.It should fit gonna pull the cab off the frame to put it in. If any body needs a good running J13 it will be free in the next month.

SR20det.jpg

SR20det2.jpg

SR20det3.jpg

J13.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest DatsuNoob

Joe and I did the KA mock-up in my truck today with the mckinney poly mounts, and the engine mounts I got form Kiznook. I didnt sleep much, so I was a cranky bitch, but we got her in. Big thanks to Zuum510 for the extra set of eyes and hands. I'll be sure to post pics of the progress made, within the next few days.

big thanks to chris for delivering the new(to me) bed from hemet to mark's house and big thanks to mark for helping us switch beds and gas tanks, thanks to the both of you oh and thanks to chris's lady cause it was her old bed.

took some pics, enjoy!

1248424131.jpg

1248424111.jpg

1248424179.jpg

well i finally got some time to take the front left brake drum off the truck tonite. finally found out why my brakes have pulled to the driver side so bad the whole time. one of the springs that hold the shoe tight against the cylinder and the adjusted has been broken. it was the bottom of the 2 springs. so pretty much the whole time ive had this truck its had a broken spring...

sooo.... not i gotta go to the part store and see if they have a spring in stock.

Nice pics of your 620, Datsun Parts. Your truck is coming along very nicely. You're motivating me to keep working on mine. I'm glaring at my '77 KC out of my office window right now. The more I work on it the more it breaks. Last Thursday I got the windshield wipers working by replacing the bad motor with a used one. Then last Friday I discovered the alternator is barely charging the battery.

Dan

hey guys did some body work to my truck......fixed somemore cancer spots found on my truck but i am mainly showing my paint job.....i took your advise and bought 15cans of firetruck red rustoleum....then i decided to paint my hood in the center to show the convex body line.....then i removed the tails gate and paints my tails gate with firetruck red and primer grey....the DATSUN logo is primer grey with a highlight box of red.....i did also paint the hooks but i am gonna do a little bit more.....hope you guys enjoy

Front End With Chin Spoiler and Hood Painted

picture.php?albumid=364&pictureid=1667

The TailGate (i think its kinda cool and unique)

picture.php?albumid=364&pictureid=1668

Pulled motor and trans out,trashed the old bench seat,removed doors and speedo cluster.Cleaned the firewall abit have to gloss black it. Next removing the cab and then stuffing the SR in there. Using poly bushings for motor and tranny mounts. Redoing gauge cluster with Phantom 160mph and a 10k in-dash tach 3 3/8in along with boost and fuel in the cluster gonna fiberglass it so it looks nice and clean,rest of the gauges on the bottom. Wilwood brake master and later disc's. Soon as the cab comes off, i'll start and new thread with tons of PIC's!

D1.jpg

D2.jpg

D3.jpg

I jacked it up and looked under it! thats the most I have done to it in 3 weeks! anyways, it isnt as rusty as I thought. lt looks like she is gona sit a while till I get my f150 driver painted, then I guess I will start on her. so much for scrap money I guess! :mad:thanks guys!!!!:lol:

replaced blown head lamp

reshaped lamp housing drivers side

tightened starter retaining screws

sealed glass window on Nikki Carb with grease

forgot to ask about converting to switch ignition so going to do that in a minute.

STILL NOT LOWERED....

I jacked it up and looked under it! thats the most I have done to it in 3 weeks! anyways, it isnt as rusty as I thought. lt looks like she is gona sit a while till I get my f150 driver painted, then I guess I will start on her. so much for scrap money I guess! :mad:thanks guys!!!!:lol:

good to hear this...well you better take lots of pic when you do your build....remember were all hear to help out when you need it.. oh ya i started sanding the inside of the bed for the spray liner.....pic when done.