What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, it wasn't today or wednesday. It was over the period of monday and tuesday. My datrod was giving me problems that I thought were originating in the carburator, my manual choke webber that was on it. It was boggin out, spitting sputtering and at first wasn't sucking gas going up hills, but then graduated to going down the road. IT was acting to much like my KC with the leaky married unit that was on it and the stock hitcarb. So I tried two different carbs for it, one off the L18 that came out of the lil' hustler, and one from my 77 SC. the carb from the L18 woudn't even get it running. the other carb I was able to get it running but it was still doing the same thing. So I drove it to work monday, and home that night. Tuesday I replaced the fuel filter, tried to start it up, the battery wore down so i jumped it, started it again, and as i revved it up to get it running and see what it would do, I was almost deafened by a loud KABOOM, and the truck went from running silent to running with a blown up muffler. So now the datrod sits until I fix the muffler and try and figure out why its running so crappy.

dropped it as low as it would go in the front without re-indexing the torsion bars. I didnt think i would have time for that today, turns out i did.

adjusted the camber back to stock, heading in tomorrow for schwab to adjust the toe

Took the factory bench out...set the 1964 Oldsmobile Super Delta 88 rear bench bottom in place just to look at it...in all it's garnet red naugahide and gold flecked dark cloth 60's splendor. The bottom fits really great. Perfect over the hump, perfect side to side. The back will need an inch of shrinkage (:lol:) on both sides.

Anyway I got all this awesome material out of the same car including door panels that should be a pretty simple fit. They are gonna go all the way up and over the top of the door, right up to the glass...it's gonna be really freegin dope.:D

I also got a large section of additional material for the kick panels...and some sick az vent covers to be used as speaker grills.!!!!:cool:

I think I may start a little tiny interior thread on it...if i have time.:blink:

Then I put the stock bench back in and drove it all around with the new steel lines and brake hoses in place...and new shocks.

got the engine torn all the way down and installing a new head gasket and and basically putting all new gaskets on the engine. if you ever have to replace the head gasket or replace a timing chain, please, please watch Hainz's video. i learned so much from watching that. i couldn't have done what i'm doing without it. i'm feeling like Billy Idol right now!

Winter came early last year..... and friggin stayed. Has never got so cold so fast and caught me off guard. The friggin rad froze, I had some antifreeze but it just wasn't enough. I pulled the drain hoping it would warm up but it didn't. Managed to start it and that thawed it out. Drained it and refilled with warm water and there was a leak from the water pump drain hole so I drained it and left it till today.

A couple of weeks ago I cut the clutch fan off a Z engine water pump and had it ready. So this afternoon I swapped it out. All together and no leaks. Tomorrow I'll check the water level and put the grill back on and maybe start her up. I ride my bike to work and don't need her on the road. This fall I'll insure her for a couple of months in order to keep my vanity plate active. Maybe take her for a run in the mountains or something.