What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i bought my truck an L20B for $150 bucks on craigslist today. and it runs! it will be my winter project rebuild

I'm right there with you w/ my l-18 Inked! Though I don't know if I can wait till winter! But that is how it will prolly go!

Congrats!

I'm right there with you w/ my l-18 Inked! Though I don't know if I can wait till winter! But that is how it will prolly go!

Congrats!

i probably wont be able to wait until winter but that was my plan. congrats on yours as well!!

^ my datsun is more important right now. I still need to order fuel pressure regulator and fmic couplers.

today i pulled flywheel/pressure plate,clutch and replaced throw out bearing and pilot bushing. should get flywheel back tomorrow afternoon to reinstall and start fabbing up motor mounts

Just got my truck last week. $900 bucks, thought I could make it home with a partial braking system but I didn't know the clutch was leaking so the clutch went caput.

Things, I knew were wrong with the truck and now have fixed.

Replaced: intake manifold gasket, had a major vacuum leak

external voltage regulator

fixed funky brake pedal light problems.

Working on tonight, dropping the tranny to find out what is making all the ruckus. And by monday, I hope to lower 2" and replace thermostat, and have parts on the way for whatever is wrong with the tranny. Also ordered a steering mount kit for my grant wheel.

Its a 77' 620 with factory buckets and center console.

He! No brakes? When I first got my rig It also had no brakes. I decided that the best way to drive it is was to use the clutch to stop it. Wrong! When I arrived home, I could not stop her and I mowed down the neighbors fence. :fu:

He! No brakes? When I first got my rig It also had no brakes. I decided that the best way to drive it is was to use the clutch to stop it. Wrong! When I arrived home, I could not stop her and I mowed down the neighbors fence. :fu:

Awesome! Glad no one got hurt.

before and after pixP4291001.jpgP6110166.jpgP6100163.jpg

i removed my tortion bars (riddin on the bumpstops)but after a short drive i pulled her back into the shop and put back in the bars and re-indexed them and i have 3inch blocks in the rear

nice hood. I got the same one. Any idea who made it?

thanx ya ive had it for over 10 years i bought it of a guy who wrote off his truck.he told me it came from calli somewhere?i almost lost it last night!the mounting nubs i guess you could call em were hollow and weak i was drivin down the highway and a loaded logging truck ripped by and the wind cought it and lifted it up like an inch at the hinges!scared the shit out of me!

P6110187.jpg

P6110188.jpg

P6110186.jpg

P6110190.jpg

P6120197.jpg

thanx ya ive had it for over 10 years i bought it of a guy who wrote off his truck.he told me it came from calli somewhere?i almost lost it last night!the mounting nubs i guess you could call em were hollow and weak i was drivin down the highway and a loaded logging truck ripped by and the wind cought it and lifted it up like an inch at the hinges!scared the shit out of me!

P6110187.jpg

P6110188.jpg

P6110186.jpg

]

My tabs are metal. I actually have to redo mine. Its looks like someone at one point redid them, but didnt do the best job in the world. Ill grab an underside picture one of these days.

ya i would like to see those metal tabs i dont like the way mine are you have to use long bolts and you can only tighten them so tight cuz its glass originaly they were hollow but i just stuffed some cedar in there and poored resin in there then glased over it all so we shall see how it works out?maybe i should sacrifice an old hood for the threaded tabs and glass them in?