What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

I looked at the rust in my bed and was thinking about weather I should fix the air conditioning first since it is so hot ( I live in Florida ) or if I should start getting the rust taken care of.

I did not drive it today though.

Tommorow I am going to put my new rubber pads I got on ebay for the pedals in the truck.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I looked at the rust in my bed and was thinking about weather I should fix the air conditioning first since it is so hot ( I live in Florida ) or if I should start getting the rust taken care of.

I did not drive it today though.

Tommorow I am going to put my new rubber pads I got on ebay for the pedals in the truck.

Oh shit:lol:

I'm from Pensacola, so I know BOTH are really important down there.

If you don't fix the rust it's going to spread like a virus in a zombie movie..

Damn that salt air... at least your inland..

Just take a wire brush and a sander to the bad spots, then paint on a couple coats of por-15 or Rust-Stop. Not too much work..

Then be sure to paint it, I used (and alot of other people have) heavy duty tractor paint. It's kind of shiny, but thick and strong.

Roll down the windows and open the vents and you should be ok for a while.

It's not august yet :lol:

spent the afternoon, after picking up my Passat, moving cars around so i had a place to work on my 73. pulled the passenger fender, broke all but the RUSTIEST bolts. figured out that teh front end isn't as mangled as i thought. i'll post pics in the build thread on the 73.

Today I put new rubber pads on the pedals and also put new kick panels over the speakers that I picked up on ebay a while ago.

They are real nice.

Brand new in the box, and they are made from plastic instaed of this terrible thin carboard type of material trhat was used when my truck was made.

The origainal kick panels were all torn up and were just wasting away.

Now I have nice new kick panels to cover my speakers!

I am so happy!

Started out just slappin a set of shocks on the front. They are hard to find as short as I needed them. I found AutoZone had some that were 8.5 collapsed and that is as good as I could get. I cut the upper bushing in half to gain another 1/4 inch and then started installing.

Thats when I noticed the brake hose was severely trashed...even more than I remember it being:D

Of course the steel lines would not come off without a fight...I had to cut one of them.

So, after 3 trips to 2 different parts stores, I am in the process of installing new steel lines, brake hoses, shocks and fluid.

Then it starts dumping rain.

WEEEEEEEEEEEE!:lol:

i took my son to his school play and as i turned the last corner coming home my clutch pedal fell to the floor so i limp 1/2 block home and start looking at it the slave cylinder has major leak brake fluid goes out as fast as you put it in....called auto parts store and ordered a new one will be here tomorrow

Just bought my hoses there today...I love the card though man! I got 20bucks of free stuff several times recently and thats cool.:cool:

Got my shocks for 1/2 price there too...all cause of the card!

Just bought my hoses there today...I love the card though man! I got 20bucks of free stuff several times recently and thats cool.:cool:

Got my shocks for 1/2 price there too...all cause of the card!

I know exactly what you're talking about. Gotta get down on the free stuff.

As long as you buy the stuff with lifetime warranties you'll be ok.

What my girl and i did tonight.

100_0859.jpg

Got bored..

Took out my radiator to find out what was making so much noise.

Assumed it was the water pump, took it off, it spins fine.

Turned the alt with my hand, seems to have a fucked bearing.

If I'm gonna buy a new one I'm gonna go ahead and get a 50A.

Guess ill get a tiny screwdriver out and start opening radiator fins.

Hopefully gonna order a nice fan when I get the alt.

Well, my plans for the weekend were shot, so I couldn't do anything. Half because of a party and half beause of all the damn rain we've been getting. It's still raining...:glare:

It wasn't that bad.

You know lanier and hartwell need the water..

After work I sprayed the undercarriage and wheel wells with rustoleum flat black (gotta love using the shop lifts) and tossed my turbine wheels on with my new gorilla lug nuts so they'll be secure and road worthy :)

tried to track down a new instrument panel voltage regulator, found some '80's 15x8 chevy rally wheels on craigslist, worked on talking myself into buying them.

Do it! I've got 15x10's on my 521, fitting up 15x8's will be easy.

lets see ... today i bought the ENTIRE brake setup to do the brake conversion minus beebani brackets im gonna order. I also picked up the 280z master cyl to . Those rotors and calipers are HUGE:D front has dual pistons:lol: . Also rebuilt the slave cylinder, Getting closer to being "on the road again":lol::D

imghttp://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu93/polski_ogorki/P5190035.jpgimghttp://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu93/polski_ogorki/P5290099.jpg

so today i picked up my w58 from a re-surface and dropped off a u67 for a refurbish and some z valves and a port match then i torqued down the w58 and i had to shut her down as i gotta get ready for camp tomorrow.so when i get back the u67 im gonna need a square port header and i dont know where i should get one? those bills ones off ebay look alright but im not sure?any direction for a 620 square port header would be much apreciated.