What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We were able to remove the old junk, and put on a newer hood and passenger fender today. We had to do a bunch of sanding, bondo, and primer. It turned out OK. I really have no idea what I'm doing. But I am happy with the results.

Truck001.jpg

Truck002.jpg

Truck003.jpg

Truck004.jpg

Truck007.jpg

Truck008.jpg

We were able to remove the old junk, and put on a newer hood and passenger fender today. We had to do a bunch of sanding, bondo, and primer. It turned out OK. I really have no idea what I'm doing. But I am happy with the results.

Truck008.jpg

Finish it in all black, drop the front, tint the windows and put some fatties on the back. :D

^Nice, I like that louvered filler.

I haven't seen many 620s that don't have a dent in the rear corner of the bed. xD

What I did to mine:

Got it running... er, again. lol

I have no idea what I did, but I jiggled some wires, hooked up the battery charger, and it started up. I guess whatever was wrong is now fixed.:D

Now I need to flush the brake system and take her out for a spin to see how she rides. I'll probably take my drums and rotors to school and machine them.

Edited by Weaver
^Nice, I like that louvered filler.

I haven't seen many 620s that don't have a dent in the rear corner of the bed. xD

What I did to mine:

Got it running... er, again. lol

I have no idea what I did, but I jiggled some wires, hooked up the battery charger, and it started up. I guess whatever was wrong is now fixed.:D

Now I need to flush the brake system and take her out for a spin to see how she rides. I'll probably take my drums and rotors to school and machine them.

Thanks. yea i've had a few with dents in the corners like that. :)

On my son's 1970 521 this last week we got a lot of work done. Here is the list. Sorry I don't have pics. I will try to take some next week.

New brake shoes and wheel cylinders all around, cleaned and lubed the adjusters, all new brake hoses, drums turned and they are good to go. Dismantled and cleaned the Weber carb, no rebuild kit was used as we were able to save the gasket. Fixed the rotten wire at the fuse block as that was the reason the headlights weren't working. Removed the oil pan and hammered the lip to straighten it and fix the oil leak. Blew off the entire underside of the truck and cleaned the 20 lbs of rust,mud and crud off. Coated each fenderwell with truck bed coating we got at Advance Auto, it comes in spray cans. Stripped the white paint off the hubcaps and cleaned them up. Set the timing and adjusted the carb. As soon as UPS brings the new taillights I bought off Ebay we will get those in. The next big job will be replacing the Flintstone floor.

i got most of the front end put back together. valance, bumper, grille and headlight trim. just bought a set of tri-bar headlights on ebay and im waiting for them to get here. also got almost all the paint stripped in the interior. what a pain in the ass that was!

Lookin really nice Inked! :cool:

I took my dash all apart and replaced those little nuts/bolts between the pad and the metal recently...that little job SUCKS!!!

Replaced the yellow Benz lights with some clear ones that I like a ton better...with the color of my paint, I just wasn't feelin the bright screaming yellow that they are. Factory Benz yellow too...not even painted:cool:

Washed it yesterday...it rained today...:blink:

lubed the door latches and the tailgate latches.

adjusted the carb a little...need to read the Weber page on here and tear it down. The last time it was apart was 5 years ago...it sat for 2 years in the forest on a VW motor and I just bolted it on my L16 and it ran great. I think it's time though.:D

^sweet.

I did nothing to the truck today (working on last minute school work before graduation) but I did go out a few minutes ago (in the dark) and check all the lights. The front turn signal lights work, but the front sides don't. Also, they can't be turned on by the turn signal switch, I have to use the hazard switch. Even when I do that, they don't flash, they just stay lit constantly. I'm guessing it's a problem with the turn signal switch (which I assume contains the little flasher unit). ??

Edited by Weaver

I think I'm going to spend some time tomorrow learning how to drop mine down some, my dad doesn't want me too, but if he's not gonna let me get a hot rod I'll have to pimp out the 620 :D

drove ti all over hells half acre today. never once overheated, hell never really warmed up. i really need to install a new thermostat. that'll be for another day. also i REALLY need to adjust eh front end. 65 on the feeway is really interesting. it likes to cahnge lanes if your not comfortable.

drove ti all over hells half acre today. never once overheated, hell never really warmed up. i really need to install a new thermostat. that'll be for another day. also i REALLY need to adjust eh front end. 65 on the feeway is really interesting. it likes to cahnge lanes if your not comfortable.

:lol::lol::lol:

I've been by hells half acre and its not in monroe washington, its actually in Hercules back yard.

I haven't done it yet, but I think I'll be installing an alarm system on mine. A damn loud one.