What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

they also brighten the low beams field too. Next i'll be putting road lights down where the turn signals are and relocating my turn signals. not sure yet. any ideas. I've thought about putting them where the side markers are. or behind the grill, or on the fenders in front.

I think that behind the grill or get your side markers to be your blinkers would be cool.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that behind the grill or get your side markers to be your blinkers would be cool.

A simple wire change is really all thats required to make the side markers blink for you. You legally need something in the front too...well...in every state that I have knowledge of anyway...check the local regs before you get rid of them all together.

There are some really neat looking "non-Datsun" lights that could be really cool on the front of your truck man...go JY surfing...google it:D

Looks better lowered.:cool:

I love the low beams on the inside man!

Thanks guys. I'm lovin my '74. I mean one day it may blow away in the wind if i don't get the paint stripped and take care of the rust soon from it going a whole winter with out paint. But i'm getting it to be the way i've always wanted to do to a truck. never had the time before. or money or something like that. I alway looked through the JC whitney catologue and wanted to build a jeep using new parts from there. Then some where back in my mind i decided I wanted a truck of some sort, so i could get a cb, pa system with all the sounds, a good stereo and some other odds and ends like that and build it all into a center console. Also have some specialty addittions like brake lights you could shut off with a toggle switch in case you are being chased you could pull in and park and stop with out em seeing the brake lights. Shoot, maybe i'll even throw in an old school knightrider scanner in this one :D

Now the the 73 is garaged getting a transplant, The KingCab is being daily driven so I needed to make a few upgrades for comfort and overall reliability.

First of all for comfort I did away with the ratty 510 buckets and put in some new aftermarket seats. Schucks I think. Got em of the List

KinCab001.jpg[/img]

With the new buckets it was a tite fit getting in with the stock steering wheel so I got a Grant and put it in.

KinCab002.jpg[/img]

Got me a co-pilot now :D Thanks to Datsunfish and his wife. Her name is Princess Cumonnawannalaya:lol:

KinCab003.jpg[/img]

For reliability I took my 32/36 Weber from the 73 and replaced the "chokeless" 38 that was on the KingCab. Much easier starting and better fuel economy:cool:

Really? Thats pretty crappy if you did! Are you alright?:blink:

yeah, i did. got a post in the General forum. and yeah everyone survived. had some leg cramps last night but i think thats unrelated :D to much standing while waiting for the cops and a hook to take the poor girl home.

also hit Arlington PAP and got a MUCH better tailgate, some side markers for the 620 and some parts for the Pathfinder. tail light, overhead trim inside, and front turn signals. cant complain. plus some VW parts while i was there. skated out for $81 or so. i WANT the bed as its in beautiful shape for being from a 76. anyone want to help me pull a bed???

i dont have any pics.. but.. i checked the back brakes out, ya they need replaced big time so the truck is stationary atm.. i had a stud come loose inside my 1.25" adapter so i had to cut it off to free the adapter so i could get the drum off.. the bolt in the hole trick worked perfect!! hell i even had the right size bolt floating around the back of the truck with the rest of my nissan parts hehe.

anyway ya brakes are toast trucks stationary.. will post pics later when i replace the shit

Man you dont know how lucky I am. Found some Riken turbo wheels in the yard... 2 piece 15x7, 6x5.5 super bad ass JDM wheels. Super happy that I got these since turbo wheels are my favs!!!! There fucked to shit in the lips. But Bolton wheels in Gardena said they can make them look new with 220$. He even knew the make and model of the wheel form the top of his head! Awesome!!! Gonna take them in tomorrow or monday... Peace!!!!

IMG_6312.jpg

IMG_6313.jpg

IMG_6318.jpg

IMG_6320.jpg