Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Madness...great thread idea man!:cool:

I took this weekend and did the following...(sorry, no digi at home this weekend, I will get some pics soon though, I know how much we all live for the pics.:D)

1. Installed 2 bolts in dash where the padded section meets the steel section...rattled out I guess over time.

2. Glued and repainted the glove box (it was a bit cracked and the black had been worn off in several spots)

3. Removed the original 521 fiber board under-dash storage thing and installed a plastic one from a 620. It looks so flippin sweet!:rolleyes: What a great idea I had!

4. Took the gauge cluster out and rebuilt/painted/cleaned/polished it all up.

5. Polished the black bezel that surrounds the gauge cluster

6. Polished the cover that goes on the steering column around the turn signal switch.

By the way guys...Maguires Mag Polish is the real deal for the old plastic on Datsuns! It works so good!

0000 steel wool+that stuff="Bling"!:D

Pics comin!

I went out today on easter , sanded down my cab some more and kinda cleaned it up then painted it a flat black (pics soon). I taped off my windows and seals to prep for my on going work tomorrow. I also buffed out all my trim and moldings for my truck to start putting it back together.

I got some indoor outdoor ebony carpet, 3.5 linear feet the other night and cut it out using a rubber floor mat as a template. Today I put it in black beauty. The stuff works great and its cheap. I'll post pics after i use the heat gun today to mold it down better.

I didnt do any actual work to my 521...but what i did do is clear out a nice space and run electrical to a shed that will house the 521 so that i can start working on it...this coming weekend I will patch up the roof and toss out more trash and move in the dat.

I got some indoor outdoor ebony carpet, 3.5 linear feet the other night and cut it out using a rubber floor mat as a template. Today I put it in black beauty. The stuff works great and its cheap. I'll post pics after i use the heat gun today to mold it down better.

And here it is!!

ymycarpet.jpg

looks good. is it loose in there? or is it adhered to the floor?

Its still loose. Haven't had the chance to mold it to the floor yet. I still need to screw a few old lisence plates down to cover up the holes in the floor boards and get some rubber undercoating down on top of that. Its my tinker truck. the main project is getting lugnuts truck done.

Okay, Didnt' do it today. Last wednesday I swapped my headlights around so my low beams are in the middle and hi beams are on the outside. Tuesday night I lowered the front end so i could really give it that jacked up look in the back. All i need to do now is find one more 14" crome spoked rim to put my 185s on.

ymyheadlights.jpg

I think they look better that way.

they also brighten the low beams field too. Next i'll be putting road lights down where the turn signals are and relocating my turn signals. not sure yet. any ideas. I've thought about putting them where the side markers are. or behind the grill, or on the fenders in front.