What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I lowered the back of my 620 and it didn't take as long as I thought it would.

it took about 10 minutes, no chit, heck I hardly got dirty.

I'll post a pic ASAP. :D

I got to see this.....I like the raked look of my truck, but lowering the rear an inch or so sounds like something I would try.

well I kinda cheated but I like how it looks on the back. :D

IMG_2039.jpg

when I say no chit I mean yes chit, it loaded with chit. :lol:

IMG_2038.jpg

I won't drop this 620, its got to much originality going on plus it's a low mileage with around 44,000 on the odometer but I'm going to lower some of the other 620's I've got. Had you going didn't I.. :)

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg

I won't drop this 620, its got to much originality going on plus it's a low mileage with around 44,000 on the odometer but I'm going to lower some of the other 620's I've got. Had you going didn't I.. :)

Dang, if I took a chit like that on the back of the datrod, i'd be cutting my tires up.

ok, this is getting tiresome. My 521 wants to stay home and not be a truck!

Seems fuel starved, but thinking it might be timing or problem with the Webber. New fuel parts, tune up parts, battery cables, fuel filter and different battery. Seems the choke isn't probably hooked up, but that won't keep it from running. Starts, runs for a few seconds, quits, sad, I almost have to cry!

been getting the 620 ready for the Asotin County parade this weekend so I thought I better make it look good for it by painting Datsun on the tail gate and repainted the grill and the front trim on the hood. saaweet

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg

put some air shocks on the rear then you could have the best of both worlds low when you want and still could haul some weight also you could air them up to keep stock height just my .02

I bought a roll of ten electrician's tape so I guess I got enough for a few years. :D

I thought black paint was only used in engine compartments or when your painting the complete body was used for... :lol:

Well my daughter taught me a good lesson today,, i need to pay more attention to what she asks me,, she came up to me and asked if she could "decorate" my truck for me today. i was assuming she meant "decorate" like she always does,,, taping pictures to my truck like she normally does. Little did i know she was going to use permenant marker to draw on the truck for me. it's not a problem as i am getting ready to do the body work and paint on it as the weather is warming up finally, but it sure did teach me to pay more attention to her even when i am working on other things so i dont get a big shock like this!!!! hope you all get as good a laugh from this as i did,,, enjoy the pics

Terry

DSCN1259.jpgDSCN1258.jpgDSCN1257.jpgDSCN1255.jpg

Oh that is a riot!!!!!! Love the flames! I have a 6 year old who would do just such a thing. And my truck looks much like yours too, so I am with you man!!

My truck came with a flat bed. (still is) A couple of years ago I bought a box (with camper) for $50. It had 5 gal of gas in the tank (worth about 25-30 bucks) so I made out alright. Only trouble is it's for a reg cab long wheelbase and won't fit the KC. So.... I cut the front bulkhead off and plan to move it back about 8" and weld it back in to make a short box.

And there it sits in the back yard. Today I power washed the mold off of it hoping to generate some enthusiasm to get the job started. Yesterday I cleaned out the work/storage area so I have a clean spot to work on shit. I have a front body clip I cut of another '78 and plan to weld it onto my truck. This will get rid of the crappy inner fenders and rad support so I car mount my two good front fenders.