What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

Man you dont know how lucky I am. Found some Riken turbo wheels in the yard... 2 piece 15x7, 6x5.5 super bad ass JDM wheels. Super happy that I got these since turbo wheels are my favs!!!! There fucked to shit in the lips. But Bolton wheels in Gardena said they can make them look new with 220$. He even knew the make and model of the wheel form the top of his head! Awesome!!! Gonna take them in tomorrow or monday... Peace!!!!

IMG_6312.jpg

IMG_6313.jpg

IMG_6318.jpg

IMG_6320.jpg

dude those are a find!!!! Nice work! can't wait to see em on!

I'll keep an eye out for some 255/55/15's for ya!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its lsd my friend

photo146.jpg

ahhh pathy rear! got the same one in my 95 but the sticker came off.

as for what i did, i adjusted the steering box on the 78 so now its not like i am trying to steer a boat out of water, pulled the valve cover and checked the valves. all checked ok. chain on the slack side though looked a touch loose though. but it could be me. plus this is the first L20 i have played with. i dont remember the 16 being that loose. also i installed my radio block off plate int eh dash and a lower dash tray. tried installing the glovebox but kept destroying screws. i will have to look at my 73 on how it goes together.

this weekend I worked on my 521

Had master cyl oil dissapear. Figured it was the rear wheel cyl driver side.

Drun Got stuck ounded to the drum broke. Still stuck on there. Had to get a torch to heat it off and banges it with e sledge. oreder new drum

decide to take off passenger side. Take wheel cyl is going bad also. Had to order another wheel cylinder. pass was changed about 5 years ago. made in Italy wheel cyl(Reybestos box) .

Moral of the story buy Japan made parts(Beck Arney boxed) ahead of time from Rockauto!!!!!!!!! most are Nabco,or Tokico

Use anti seize compound around the drum to hub mounts. and maybe put put jacking hole thread to help pry off the drum.

PS dont use a big hammer on a drum to much. It will crack the castings!!!!

reinstalled valve cover, replaced pass front turn signal bulb, and bought a new rear tail lamp (napa $8) andinstalled that, bought reflectors for the rear so cops dont hassle me, and new brake lines. then took the SS RustoHMYGOD down to have exhaust put on. it will be a mix of what was left fromt he exhaust that was on there and the one i got from Datsunoob. so hopefully i can get things dealt with adn drive this bucket more. oh and i transfered the title on it and got new tabs. still have aan assload of work to make it run tits but i'll get her figured out.

0420091805.jpg

Adjusted valves on my 521 today. .010 for intake and .012 for exhaust just like book says. Still can't get L16 to quiet down. Although I have yet to hear an L16 with quiet valves. This is my second one too. Dunno, maybe just me.:blink: I can get an L20b to run quiet:confused: Oh well, she runs smoother than yesterday now so I'm gonna run her.

Fixed the problem with the starter (I think). It doesn't grind anymore, but it spins slow and doesn't start. Squirted some wd-40 in the cylinders, I'll come back tomorrow and see if that loosened her up a bit.

Pulled valve cover off to check the condition of cam and valves (and to make myself feel like I'm doing something. xD) everything looks good under there.

1. Installed a new aftermarket steering column/ignition lock and adapted & installed a pair of early '90s Frontier/Xterra door lock cylinders keyed to match the ignition (much more difficult locks to defeat than the old, worn original units).

2. Installed a brand-new, never installed "new old stock" Weber 32/34 DFT CA ARB Smog Legal carb - hunted high and low for the proper Datsun carb, then discovered that the same CARB E.O. order also covers 78-83 Mazda B2000/Ford Courier trucks - identical carb other than the one linkage arm that the Datsun throttle cable mounts to. Huge improvement in driveability and power over the original Hitachi - next step is to swap the original intake manifold for an egr unit scrounged from P&P that's since been port-matched to the head and carb and had the runners cleaned up and polished inside.

I found a guy yesterday who was parting out a 1980 datsun four wheel drive and got the stock seats to install in my datrod. The drivers seat is being held in by one bolt at the moment, i'm getting ready to go out and finish drilling some holes to finish mounting them. I told him about ratsun but he's not online, he's looking to sell all the body parts. doors drivers side fender, all the glass except for windshield, bed, rear sliding window all in pretty good shape.

Apparently he's making a rock crawler out of it. Let me know if any of ya are interested in any parts and i'll get pictures and prices. PM me on that please.

last weekend ::::::

I didn't work on my 620 but did get most of my Datsun trks (9) put in the back yard and moved what cars I'm selling to the front, took all day to do it. thank you to my darling wife for helping, I'm going to have to keep her for another 35 years. Heres a picture of them out on the street across from the house, sorry for the dark picture. OH and my 70 pontiac lemans sports thats a on going project..

IMG_2006.jpg

DUDE!! I want to come to your house. :eek: Nice collection ;) Looks like a 620 museum.

I made a video...

Repainted her face....pulled the grill and bezels and painted the background flat black and the grill true blue and the bezels florecent red/orange and the lights...X Metals blue. :D

2rbzadt.jpg

k1c4ye.jpg

Edited by Phlebmaster

some people were walking by and asked me if their was a Datsun convention going on. lol

that put a smile on my face plus people were driving by were slowing down, you should have seen it, there heads were going from one side to the other tring to take it all in. :lol:

I was at walmart yesterday looking for X Metals RED but with no luck. I'll keep looking.. ;)

some people were walking by and asked me if their was a Datsun convention going on. lol

that put a smile on my face plus people were driving by were slowing down, you should have seen it, there heads were going from one side to the other tring to take it all in. :lol:

I was at walmart yesterday looking for X Metals RED but with no luck. I'll keep looking.. ;)

I would have loved to have seen that. ;)

Sometimes I go to Freddy's if wallymart is out of stock.

we don't have a Freddy's yet but you never know, the LC valley is growing to darn fast..

3 or 4 new banks in the last year were just build in the LC valley, something BIG is going to happen here soon if banks are building they know something is up.

Edited by 420n620
DUDE!! I want to come to your house. :eek: Nice collection ;) Looks like a 620 museum.

I made a video...

Repainted her face....pulled the grill and bezels and painted the background flat black and the grill true blue and the bezels florecent red/orange and the lights...X Metals blue. :D

2rbzadt.jpg

k1c4ye.jpg

Phelp, did you make that hood yourself? I want one!!!