What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

L320: washed it, changed oil, new fuel pump, and replaced hoses. was really happy to see all my lights and blinkers working now that i replaced the brushes in the generator. tomorrow im finally taking her out and start driving again now that the weathers getting better. :D

I painted the steering wheel, and the little vent things behind the doors. This was done on a 74 620. The steering wheel was a pain! Once I tried to put it back together the paint starting scrapping off... Then I still couldn't get it to sit straight... After market steering wheels are lame! I think I'm going to take out off again later this week and drill some custom holes. I am also thinking about getting one of those Datsun key chains, and ripping the logo off, and gluing it right where the GT logo used to be. The vents turned out nice though.

034.jpg

took mine on a hour long drive or so. I took the backway from astoria to seaside and hell ran it, man thats some scary shit. Brakes need attn before doing that again :) Camber needs adjusted a bit. And went to do some burn outs and the motor was going but not so much the tires. So i feel a clutch job coming up soon

drove it to work today. got most of the way here and smelled electrical smoke. i think my regulator isnt working. my generator was smoking and my brand new battery was leaking acid. i just disconnected the generator, let everything cool down and made it to work.

Got a load of 30 rolls of sod for free, someone was giving it away, I snagged it, and totally patched my lawn and put big strips in the high exposure areas. And the day before I used the seed n feed patch kit shit. Fully grown grass works a lil better. Then I washed it and took a couple pictures, so I could post em up.

changed the oil with 15 50 mobil one syntheic, flushed the coolant, and put in a new thermostat. Waiting on hardlines to do the 300zx brake conversion, and waiting on mounts for my QA1 coilovers...Oh waiting on my h4 harness to come in to do the elipsode headlight swap...

broke the jeep somehow and with the 620 being the only other insured vehicle i have, i fixed it temporarily. took the valance panel off, straightened it somewhat, and then took my hilift nad a ratchet strap and pulled to core support out enough that the alt wasn't touching the lower rad hose and the fan was off the rad. now its somewhat legal. no front bumper but the front plate is ziptied in place so its at least driveable now.

I drove from Vancouver, WA to Vader, WA (Yeah you read that right, Vader!) to pick up 2 doors and a better fender than the one I have. Can someone point me to a thread on swapping doors, and locks etc? Thanks!

IMG00196-20090407-1834Small.jpg

IMG00197-20090407-1835Small.jpg

I picked up some helicoils, tapped the starter mounting holes in the tranny, screwed the helicoils in and installed the starter. When I tried cranking it up, the starter started smoking...

damnit!

Its going slow since its so freakin cold outside. I need a garage...

Drained transmission oil. That was some gross:poop::eek: that came outta there!!! I think it was the original factory oil from November 1970! Refilled with new gear oil. Polished my rims, again:cool:. Then, took for a 97 mile trip to La Grande and back. I am lovin the 32-34mpg:D. Beats to hell the 12-15 the Chevy gets. Oh ya, I also scouted out a place to put a stereo:). Although I don't think my dual voice coil 12" sub will fit behind the seat:unsure:

I drove from Vancouver, WA to Vader, WA (Yeah you read that right, Vader!) to pick up 2 doors and a better fender than the one I have. Can someone point me to a thread on swapping doors, and locks etc? Thanks!

IMG00196-20090407-1834Small.jpg

IMG00197-20090407-1835Small.jpg

just pop the door panels off and follow the instructions. :D

remove your kick panels which will allow easy access to your door hinge bolts and nuts on the cab. there are three on top, and three on bottom on each side. remove the two nuts and leav the single nut. then loosen the bottom and top one. then remove the bottom one first and then the top one. Make sure you have a buddy holding the door unless you are multi talented and can hold the door handle with one hand and operate a wrench with the other hand like me.:D

then swap the hinges if you plan on doing that.

ON the door locks, when you have the door panel off and the window rolled all the way up, look for the back of the lock and you will see a cotter key. get some needle nosed pliers or something that will fit in there and pull it off, trying not to drop it. then slide off the bracket thats against the door which holds the lock in place. then the lock will come out. Follow same procedure in reverse to put your locks back on the other doors.

when replacing a fender, you must take your top valence peice off. There are 4 screws that hold it on. Take your wipers off, then remove your valence peice. there is one bolt on each side holdiing the fender on under the valence area. there is another one inside the door frame. Make sure you spray the rest of them down with some penetrator and let them soak awhile otherwise you'll be drilling holes and using sheet metal bolts to put the new fender back on. Japanese datsun engineer, "ah we make pot metal body bolts so american brake knuckles when doing there own body work, ha ha ha"

Scored some Del Sol seats! :) Soooper compact and will fit the 521's tiny cab like a glove. Had to ghetto repair one of the bolsters, but its all good.

-Brian