What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

swapped out old heater in truck for rebuilt heater (that sucked!), adjusted steering box, put shifter boots on and reinstalled console, adjusted drivers door hinges and catch so new seals work properly, pulled cowl so I can paint under it.

Spent most of the day on it, I'm beat!

Hey Madness...

...I use the JB quick. When you are filling cracks, if they aren't very wide, you may have to widen them...

...Good luck! E

Buickinterior-1.jpg

Thanks for the advise. I'm just worried about trying to paint the wheel after that. Its too soft for it to be plastic and its too hard to be rubber. I don't know what to paint it with.

The last 3 days.... INTERIOR... Im going to be sick of the material before I even get it in. :lol:

Today I fixed my Hood release cable. Yesterday I fixed the check engine light on the Lexus motor. The EGR system is not working properly. My friend said that he was chasing his problem for three months and it would just be easier to put a 1000 ohm resister on it than to try and fix it, plus my truck doesn't half to go through marta so. I don't have pics of the hood fix I'll post those later. Here is a pic of the plug I made.0216091932a1.jpg

[/img]

today i drove that loud bitch to work, and enjoyed it

On the way home, i stopped and got gas, i put Shell Plus in it :D

while i was there, i made the steering box a little tighter as i noticed i didn't get it enough last weekend.

Then i got back in the loud ass thing and drove home, half embarrassed because going up hills in 4th it cuts out. Truck has no guts :(

that canopie looks better on my mazda...lol

put a canopy on my L320.

P1040329.jpg

no really i just needed a place to put it till i trade the canopy for a 720 next weekend.:D on my NL320 i removed the fender, hood, trim, tailights and manifolds. then i sat back and admired my finally garaged truck. that dang fender took about an hour and a half to get off. i finally took a cutting wheel to a section of it and pryed it apart to cut the bolts off. and yes, i have another straight fender which is the reason it came off.

:mad:Today I rebuilt the carb on my 620 kc and finally got it reinstalled about dark(which is also about freezing). I started the truck and still it won't idle! After many colorful words, I put away my tools and decided to try the brakes tomorrow!:lol:

Today I worked on bleeding my bleedin' brakes.:rolleyes: I worked on the hitherto unknown (at least to me) equalizer. Got some air out of it and went for a test run. Not perfect, but much improved. Afterward I took some pictures to share. :cool:

http://s659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/hairy1205/

Then I removed the heinous remains of a passenger 629 bucket. I have already installed the drivers bucket out of my '92 Acura Integra.

I installed a leather shift knob from a classic Mini Cooper.

I hope to work on a mahogany dash soon.

Tomorrow I hope to get a little more air out of brakes and get the passenger seat installed.

Edited by hairy1205