What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pulled out the old carpet... vaccumed and installed some new insulation on the floor...

gotta get some more...

and order that new carpet set... :)

tomorrow i will be wiring up a new/used (factory) ignition switch... :)

later,

Chris

I worked my Yokohama mama like a rented mule. You know that little wire that goes between the points and that plastic thingy that goes through the distributer. If the connectors get screwed with enough it loses continuity and and makes you think that every other connection is bad. Sneaky mesmerizing bastard.

Installed a white speedo pinion gear and it has helped my MPH display a lot.

Rewired my interior light...PO had used tiny little solid core crap. Had to fish the new wire down the "A" pillar...went pretty smooth...nice to have it done!

Greased all the zerks in the frontend

Also cleaned all the weird grime off of the steering wheel. Where does that stuff even come from? :blink: WTH??

Took hubcaps off again...put them on last week:D

Washed the poor thing too.

well for the last month I removed the engine twice, put in a new clutch, TO bearing, pilot bearing, resurfaced fly wheel, new rear main crank seal, 6 new soft plugs - twice- :mad:, cleaned and painted engine, new used air pump, 2 new belts, got drunk several times.

This week new rear brake shoes maybe fronts if needed, adjusts valves and calibrate carb, test all a.i.r valves. that should keep me busy for a little while..

oh and find out why my rear taillights don't work when I have the head lights on, prob just a bad connecting.........

Installed a 1 1/2" carrier bearing spacer, yay no more vibration!!

Filled up my steering box with oil and adjusted the play. No more wandering down the road.

I've had a nice "clunking" sound from the pass side front wheel area when turning hard left or right. Pulled the front wheel off and inspected for damage. Found a wore out bushing on the top part of the dog bone. Not gonna fix it though. Planning putting in Hardbody breaks and suspension in a few months. Plus, I ride my bike to work now that the weather is nice :lol:

while taking my girlfriend to the bank i noticed that the bolt i had holding my shifter in had almost fallen out. so in the bank parking lot i put the pin and e-clip i got at the junkyard in. its alot tighter now. still need the proper bushings for the shifter though.

and i here in a little bit im gonna replace my busted ass clutch master cylinder. then the truck will be tip top!

ill take some pictures for my project thread.

Guest DatsuNoob

Got off my lazy ass and started working the dents from my spare pass side door, cut the inside of the door (behind the door card) to get my dolly back there, and got most of it knocked out. Nothing a couple spot welds, some 22ga steel and some good body filler wont fix up.

had to re ground the dizzy, the wire i had on there gave out, so i cut a nice ground wire off this spare engine harness i have, i didnt have the clip for the end to slip onto the dizzy post so i had to loosen the screw that holds the ground post on an vacume advance on an then stuck the wire under the post thing an tightend the screw.. its a ghetto fix but fuck man it was 11:45 at night, but needless to say it worked.. an boy does that truck run great..