What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Put about 600 miles on the datrod going to up to spokane, then couer d' alene, then down to lewiston, then back to couer d' alene to spokane and back to lewiston. Used 4 quarts of oil cuz i think my front seal is going out.

cant wait till i have the time to fix that.

But with all that driving, i will have to do a coin toss and decide which truck to bring to canby this year.

I planned on doing some fixits to my datsun when i picked up my tahoe from its wrk being done but i was missing parts so i put a new radiator back in it and drove it home.......still leaks a little coolant....but the bigger problem is my gas guage not working....check the engine thread to read about that fiasco...

K, so it's technically not a Datsun, but, a grandkid?

(Mod's feel free to move if needed)

this is the next step for the 521 also...

:D

I finally broke down and bought a Hellwig rear sway bar... cost me around 2 bills plus shipping. simple install- no drilling. Just a torque wrench.

First turn out of the driveway, and I knew that I had made a good decision.

Body roll went from a 7 to a 2.5 (out of 10- 10 being the worst).

Now, the only problem is that my body slides around in the seat during turns, rather than the whole cab leaning! Time for some driving seats!

I recommend this to anyone who wants to DRIVE their truck.

Took me a few minutes to figure out the instructions... (poor photos)

I went to the Hellwig site- they had a video with a step-by-step install on a lifted truck, but the main concepts were there....

Hellwiginstall1.jpg

DSC02726.jpg

DSC02729.jpg

DSC02728.jpg

DSC02733.jpg

This works on any truck man?

the bars are all different sizes- you have find the application and part number.

I just google searched it and used a couple of re-seller's databases to find one for the fronty'. I'm sure there are ones that will fit the datto's. the bars just have to clear the pumpkin, fit between the leafs, and the end links have to be directly below the frame rails. def. worth it!

I didn't do anything to my truck today, I drove it yesterday but now I am back in Santa Cruz. The L320 lives in LA for the time being. I think I need to do some work on the motor. If there is a place that is not supossed to leak oil my truck leaks from it. But it still starts up all the time so that is something. Lately, being since my son and daughter arrived here on earth, if it ain't totally broke don't fix it. Because it is all broke, just not all the way.

I just updated my profile so I hope my avatar comes up. Have a great day!:fu:

ass fuck shit

sorry about the last few words in my post, I posted on killbillet and the title was "hauls as well as hauls ass". It was about my 1957 International. I have pics in the other/non datsun section. Anyways, when I posted the title showed up as "hauls as well as hauls ***". meanwhile the admin has 10 tats of naked chicks in skull bikini's but I can't say my truck hauls ass. Thank you Ratsun for being real, we like to be polite but can't we cuss a little if we want to? I think I will start a thread about PC rebel forums. My tattoo may degrade women but I don't ?!!!? Besides man, the bitches like it.?!!!? Anyways, unlike the pirates off the coast of Somalia I will now return this hijacked thread.

broke the drivers window in the bucket rying to close the door. just one mlre thing for me to fix.... hell by the time I fix it to make it a good driver, I might as well keep the pos in one piece.

oh and I kicked the pos when I left to run errends.

Edited by moparvwfreak

pulled the door apart to replace it and it started raining. so i kicked the door closed, and it didn't close. so now i ahve a big ass dent int he drivers door. thank god its a rusted piece of shit.

went to Mark's(PCD) so he can help me out with my swap tank and he also bolted my exhaust many to the down pipe cause the fumes were coming in the cab oh and he also made a plate and sealed the whole where the steering rod goes through on the firewall, thank you Mark

p.s. he bought me a delicious bacon cheeseburger from this joint by his house

before

photo170.jpg

after

photo171.jpg

before

photo172.jpg

middle

photo173.jpg

all done

photo174.jpg

I modified and painted my air filter holder today. I first painted the lid with the bed liner paint to match the texture of my cam cover. Then I hit it again with some brake caliper paint. It looks pretty good... Atleast better than the sick blue color. Below are some before and after shots.

Before:

IMG00076-20090307-1349.jpg

After:

IMG00317-20090506-2217-1.jpg