My Datsun trucks...

Ok been awhile since i touched the 620 so i decided to install my SU's & see how they perform. I had to make the triangle block off plates 1st...

4-1sus.jpg

& i inserted 2 bolts to plug the holes on the intake, i know one of them will be for the brake booster...

4-1sus2.jpg

heres the size of the bore....

4-1subore.jpg

the heat shield is hitting the ex. manifold so I'll have to bend it up a bit...

4-1susin6202.jpg

& the test fit........

4-1susin620.jpg

Im wondering now what to do with the crankcase vent tube. It used to connect to the bottom of the L 16 intake. Still have to run the cables for the speedo & choke [thanks Bleach]. Oh & im also wondering where the vac. advance will attach. I may have to modify one of the block off plates for that but id like to make sure 1st.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason- the Weber will sit until i make sure they run right. Then ill decide to keep for a backup or install on another vehicle or sell.

Mike- not much hair left to blow off :D If these work out i can make it to your place in 3 1/2 hours !

Update: success i just fired her up, on the 3rd try & with the chokes open she fired !!! Sounds damm good too! Have to adjust the idle a bit & hook up the choke cable but she'll run on her own. Pix to come in a bit & BTW im going to re-do the throttle linkage later,this was a mock up/test fit.

Ok pics.......

the fuel line & speedo cable mount will be redone before i drive it...

4-2SUsthrcable.jpg

& the choke cable, i used a 620 hood release cable :D

Oh & i found out where the vac. advance goes...under the carb. next to the radiator....

4-2SUschokecable.jpg

Also i shot a video that ill post later.

I just watched the video.............................. Your driver's door creaks.

Oh, and that's not JUNK in Your bed, it's COLLECTABLES!!! SAVE EVERYTHING!

Cool, Mark, very cool!!!! Congratulations! We both fired up "twins" today!!

You inspired Me!!!

• Like 1

congrats on the garage bro..like mike said it's all collectables, bet it feels good to be able to leave her tore apart if needed , and not worry about weather, or if something might get stolen..alot differant than working outside..:D

• Like 1

Tom: ya like he says "save everything" but i had to toss alot of crapwhen i moved :D & ya love the garage.

Farmer: heres a pic that'll help us both on the cable setup...not my truck btw...

SUscloseup1.jpg

Fryanbacon: thanks, i kinda went beyond the point of no return a long time ago...:cool:

Niel: ya i love it at idle. When i bought the engine it came with a "mild cam"

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
that thing sounds sick what are you running for a muffler i thought i heard you say flowmaster but what model? what size pipe?

Flowmater 2 chamber 40 series muffler & the pipe is all new 1 3/4 tucked above the trans. crossmember for clearence.

• Like 1

Ask & you shall recieve...of course you guys know i take my digital everywhere i go :D

ex1.jpg

What my exhaust guy did was slightly crush the pipe where it goes over the crossmember so it wasnt touching the floor of the truck. I will say this that the floor get hotter than normal because it is so close. This is also a good view of the torsion bar mounts & how they sit after they have been reindex'd. After i lowered it the 1st time they hung down below the frame quite a bit.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...