My Datsun trucks...

bare metal or primer works for me.. chrome is too fancy.. not very ratsun.. i may paint mine red.. or primer black.. mind sending a few good pics so i get an idea of what i need an where to bolt it.. or just post them that would work also.. and i might just have the cash next week since im workin a lil more this week, anyways thanks again man!

ooh and ya.. i'd rather have something on my truck that a fellow datsun fan made then some store made crap.. also i conisder u a buddy so i can say "my buddy made it for me" :P

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill prob. start another thread concerning the sway bar as soon as i get them started. After i removed the bump stops & put my 17 inch rims on needless to say it lowered the truck the rest of the way for a total 6 inch drop approx. & i noticed the pinion angle was off by quite a bit. So...what i did was cut off 1 inch off of the splined part of the rear shaft & put some angled shims under the blocks & it fixed the problem. I was also getting a loud noise @60 mph before & thats gone too. Jeez all i wanted was a simple drop...:D

More baby steps taken today... I installed the mirrors I bought from Ryan today up on the fenders. I want to go for a semi stock /Japanese market look if that makes sense :D

626JDMmirrors.jpg

view from inside...look a old 620 ;)

626JDMmirrorintview.jpg

and the interior...still need to rip up the carpet padding then wire wheel & undercoat the floor, plus make some stock looking door panels.

626intshot.jpg

Mario the door panels will be awhile, i want to try & find the same style of viynl as stock if i can but ill keep you posted & wont mind making 2 sets. I got down today...scraped off the house carpet padding, wire wheeled the entire floor, undercoated the flloor & made a new filler plate for the shifter to keep the hot air out. Its not pretty but works plus it'll be under carpet one day so who cares. Also took a small paintbrush & vaccumed/brushed all under the dash & got tons of crap-dust cleaned up. &...installed the pedal rubbers scavenged off my 69! The shift boot is out of my old 68 L 520 BTW & oh yeah i removed the head rests on the Z seats & they lean back a bit more now...my back loves it :D

627floorundercoated.jpg

they just barely go under the lip on the back of the cab but recline 1 more inch now...& notice the ripped seat belt! Still have to replace them...

627Zseats.jpg

Mark, I think I like those mirrors...............having said that tho...(uh oh here comes Ron with the caveat!!) I would think that they would be a bit difficult to use. Those of us that are vision challenged (need glasses or contacts) I kinda think it would be hard to use them...oh well though I do like the look...said that already huh....

makibaka- thanks,,the pics hide all the dents..:D

OL YELLER- Ive driven 2 days now with the "new" mirrors & they take a bit getting used to. My habit is to look where they used to be & whammo..no mirror ;)

datsun dreamer- The mud flaps on the 320 are off a 720, & the set on the 620 are factory. I got them at the junkyard for $5. Every time I go i look for them & if i find em Ill buy em so if you need a set let me know. And yeah the plaque represents our truck club..only a few of us left but weve been around since 1981.

Mark, if you do have an extra set of mudflaps i'll buy a set just name your $$$, the truck club sounds pretty cool i mentioned it on another forum before but no one sounded realy interested you know for barbeques and get togethers etc... thanks for the reply!!!

• 2 weeks later...

DD ill be going back to the yard in a few days..i found a set of mud flaps I hid that i need to retrieve :D Now onto how its running now. The last few times I drove it at around 60-65 the motor would start to sputter & miss really bad..id slow down & it would run better then id speed up again & it would run like crap again. When it would sputter the ignition light flickers on & off..i replaced the alternator nut that had fallen off & i thought that would fix the problem but nope..stil running rough. Now, i noticed that the dist. will wiggle back & forth a bit so im guessing it's making the points spark/not spark when theyre supposed to. At this point im leaning towards swapping over to the EI w/ HEI module like my 620. In the meantime is there a way to tighten the dist?

Do you mean the shaft? If so, get a new dizzy. The shaft is probably worn out, that the reason I went EI ;)

Your ignition light comes on? That's weird...maybe the condesor is shorting. Is there a condensor?