My Datsun trucks...

I always pull leafs out of 521's, I agree that the 521s are way to stiff. I really don't like the overloads, they make the ride to bumpy I think, even with a load in the back.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the stiffness of my 620, i've heard the older trucks are stiffer tho.. mine has 2 inch lowering blocks.. or 2 1/2 i forget.. but all the leafs are intact.. its stiff but feels really stable through those left hand turns through intersections while stompin the pedal in second.. or first if its from a dead stop.. one of my favorites is the 78th and st. johns heading west.. i usualy take the outer turn lane an gun past the people on the inner lane.. when i didnt have my muffler on it was even funnier cause people always thought i was tryin to race.. when really i was just drivin, anyways enough of my rant.

yeah Im not planning on it.. I like the rough ride..

Is that the 521 that you just put the 5speed in?? Did you have problems with the Hydrolic line and fittings going to the slave cylinder, (Interfering with the Torsion Bar) I had to do some creative engineering there..

Yes same truck...the Z slave hose was rubbing against the torsion bar so i used the one off the 4 speed. That hose faces forward & clears everything fine. Ill be replacing it tomorrrow & ill snap a pic.

Yes same truck...the Z slave hose was rubbing against the torsion bar so i used the one off the 4 speed. That hose faces forward & clears everything fine. Ill be replacing it tomorrrow & ill snap a pic.

Yeah.. both mine were 5 speeds but the location on the 280zx one was a little diffrent so I went and got a brake line and Banjo Bolt off of the front of some random nissan and used that instead of the line that screwed right into it... but I still had to grind down the head of the banjo bolt to give it a little more clearance..

Jeff...not sure if theyre all 3/4 but im glad it swapped cause i needed to drive it to work that day...;) BTW the part # for the 521 slave is 072-1241 & it's a Beck arnley. Now today i worked on the 521 a bit more & got my muffler tip welded on seeing as it was clamped on before & i swapped the Denali rims on + removed the HUGE bump stops as well. I still have about 2 inches between the frame & axle & she rides sooo nice now.

looks like a Ratsun truck now baby!

6-17rlowered.jpg

oh & i had to slap on my sway bar while i was under there...

6-17swaybar.jpg

• Like 1

does that bar that ties the two leaf springs together actually do anything? Can you feel it at all?

I thought a sway bar had to attach to the frame and the suspension so it keeps one side from having greater suspension travel than the other side.

Lynch- id probably only have to pay $20 or so for the metal & maybe charge you $75. Is that fair? What would take time would be the rising sun design but im up for a challenge & it would look kool :D

Bleach- I do actually feel the difference..what this does is limit the movement of the leafs & kinda "ties" it together. Your right a true sway bar is what you described. I feel the difference when im cornering or taking a really round freeway on/off ramp...of course the low pro tires help too.

Ice- heres your semi side shot...my 320 is in the way :cool: My friend asked me the other day...are you gonna paint it? I said........no! Im going for the Ratsun look ;) And yeah hows your bro's 521 coming along?

6-19sideshot.jpg

My friend asked me the other day...are you gonna paint it? I said........no! Im going for the Ratsun look ;) And yeah hows your bro's 521 coming along?

6-19sideshot.jpg

Yeah!! Ratsun :D

Are you going lower with the front?

Are 521 is at a halt...

2eDeYe;10524'']Maybe if you quit spending all your time on that 68 2-door thingy... :P

SHHHH don't tell :D

Yeah, what are you thinkin

you either :D

yeah man $75 is a wonderful price (bet everyones going to want one now) i dont have the cash on hand so gimme a few weeks... "stupid bills" but ya that rising sun thing will be tight.. my trucks gonna be more ratsun then a mother f*cker, you should see it guys .. the rain at canby ruined my paint.. got wet too soon.. so i've started lightly sanding with water and 400grit paperr.. just the front clip is done right now.. SOOO RATSUN! anyways.. pac ur the best.. thanks!

Good idea...does he have access to a water jet? I was gonna use my dremel or my 3 inch die grinder.

That wouldn't take long at all :P

If you draw it up to scale you should be able to get it cut out at any decent steel place for not to much more than buying the steel ;)