My Datsun trucks...

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2eDeYe;5356']Damn your truck is looking good...I like the old skool rims.

You should try to find a reversed set for the deep dish look (or maybe get a set reversed)

Yeah Mark, you should get a set of chrome reversed rims for the 620, then sell em to me.....LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Sal i actually bought those parts over the net awhile back. I finally got into swapping some of the body panels off the 69 onto the 71 today. It took a few hours to swap 1 fender, the hood, hammer/dolly the gravel pan semi straight, & recess the front side marker lights.

the 69,soon it will be gone...

5-1669stripped.jpg

fender off, i shot the front flat black too...

5-16frontstripped.jpg

new 1 on,notice the lights..:cool:

5-16frontbackon.jpg

& the new hood, only a few small dings. the lic. plate will stay rusty BTW..;)

5-16the3Ds.jpg

& a pic of the dirty A#* engine bay...

5-16eng.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Mark...just a thought bout that "rusty" lic. plate. Ya know the trend lately over "rat rods" and the "old, rusty, crappy looking new paint jobs?..Maybe you could just cover that rust with some kind of clear coat and keep it "old skool" lookin...kinda kool I would think..stay that way and not completely rust out dont ya know

• 4 weeks later...

521 update time but no pics sorry, i was in a hurry. I got rid of the stock super quiet muffler & went with a small cherry bomb & a megaphone tip at the end of the pipe. It has a nice rumble to it @ idle & sounds good overall. Total cost was $4 for the pipe downsizers [2- 1 3/4] & i already had the megaphone..:cool:

Ok the other day i traded a set of rims & tires for these!!!!!!!!!!!!

6-11SUstop.jpg

freshly rebuilt & only used for a few miles! I noticed a few hoses either missing or not in the right place. Can you guys help me out, the pencil is pointed to where im not sure what gets hooked up...

theres 2 small vaccum like ports on the right carb

6-11SUstop2.jpg

& a bigger port on the left carb

6-11SUsside.jpg

If anybody has a closeup pic of a set of these showing what hoses go where please post..i can figure it out from there. Another thing is Ill have to figure a way to hook up the throttle cable to them..as of now it has linkage meant for a 510 on it. Also i think ill have to hook up a choke cable to them.

could be, but it kinda looks like it's abovet the butterfly. I would think that one of the holes at the top of the "V's" would get the brake fitting. I've been wanting to pull my SU's out and look them over....maybe soon :)

ZTherapy's web site has a video available that covers all the SU's and rebuilding them.

TY guys, theres 2 threaded holes on the intake...im sure 1 of them is for the brake booster. I may use them on the 620 seeing as the 32/36 is acting up. I also picked up another 32/36 for parts. Ill check the Z therapy site for the vid. & or pics.

I havent test drove it yet...i went to & the slave cylinder busted in the driveway. Its prob. gonna be a rough ride. When i switch to a rim that will tuck ill remove them completely. Tangent..if you still use the bed to haul i wouldnt pull any leafs. I dont & it doesnt ride that bad at all..except its a bit "spongy" ride compared to a full leaf pack which IMO is too "stiff" for me. Plus it'll lower it more than just a block would.

yeah Im not planning on it.. I like the rough ride..

Is that the 521 that you just put the 5speed in?? Did you have problems with the Hydrolic line and fittings going to the slave cylinder, (Interfering with the Torsion Bar) I had to do some creative engineering there..