Lets see some welding pics

I thought if we had a thread for welding everyone could post here pics in here. I will start, this is a test bench I build for work. I did all the welding, while an engineer cut all the pieces.

new%20pics%20011.JPG

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the fuck is that for!?! looks indestructible!

HAHA its a test bench for bolt inserters, the engineers needed one to test there machines before the go on the real machine. It needs to be burley, the bolt inserter grabs bolt the slides over and inserts it, the slide action is violent to say the least. There old test bench kinda self destructed.

What? No close-ups of the welds? :rolleyes:

I used the mud gun so they aren't as classy as Dukes but I try :D I actually was taking one but my phone rang after the first pic, maybe tomorrow I can get some.

Duke your welds on steel are nice!! I have a tough time on steel, I can do it, its just hard to get the weld beads consistent. Next time I do some steel I will post it up so you can see.

I'm not a good welder...I have a Millermatic 135 120 volt MIG welder. I taught myself, but I should probably take a class at junior college.

Anyway, I used it to fill holes for when I shaved my N42 intake manifold:

MIG_1.jpg

Finished:

polished2.jpg

I can spot weld okay though :lol:

ex_7.JPG

This is when I was only first starting to weld real beefy stuff and it was like a year and a half ago

Damn, that looks pretty damn good to me for someone only starting.

I'm not a good welder...I have a Millermatic 135 120 volt MIG welder. I taught myself, but I should probably take a class at junior college.

The initial pic may not be all that pretty, but it sure buffed out fine, right? With practice there will be less to grind/buff.

dang didnt realize how many ppl actually can weld here at ratsun, i can mig and tig, but dont have any pix. my brother bought a miller tig, the big new one, he can go all day on that thing. its handy to have as i have a rollcage coming up soon. he just built some sweet headers too.

heres some that ive done...

100_1849-1.jpg

100_1850-1.jpg

1128081755.jpg

i did those all with a cheapy chicago electric 240v wirefeed mig. i actually duty cycled it when i was doin those welds on the bag mounts above. gotta love runnin 6in of a bead, and then havin to take a break for the welder to cool down! lol

Edited by Farmer Joe

I don't have any pics but i do do maintenance in a weld shop. have over 40 robots and way more hand welders. I am fair and just not took the time to try tig welding. I have lots of people to give me pointers though. I finally got my own stick welder at home. It is one of the first 220 craftman welders ever made. Was probly on a farm most of its life. When running numbers are up the shop can go through more than 5000lbs of wire a week. But now over half the shop is off for the rest of the year.

Here is a set up I did for Mark 'bout a year ago...I do this for a living so my Heli Arc is good.....................Not as good as it was 20 years ago (I worked on alot of Space system and NASA stuff..all 100% x-ray...) can't see that well anymore tho...practice gentleman, just takes practice...

Flangespipes.jpg

• Like 1