• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_20110505_095129.jpgIMG_20110505_095213.jpgthe zombie shredder/root rake

IMG_20101210_141459.jpgIMG_20101210_141512.jpgthe flower pit

IMG_20101211_111238.jpgIMG_20101211_111252.jpga gas buster/aka real work

I have hundreds more. I do this shit for a living. We have done some hellacious government projects though.

quick search on google this morning and I found these guys.... http://www.weldfabulous.com/ ...even with shipping, the 15' gun is cheaper that the other places I found. Now we'll see how fast they ship! :) Ordered the gun, .023 liner, tips, plus .030 & .035 tips since it comes set up for .030/.035. With the miller gun, the extra liner I have for aluminum wire will also fit :) Can't wait to get it. :)

Sweet welds guys!! Kaoss....do you turn the volts up to get it to lay flatter like that or simply move faster?

I cheated. I turned up the voltage and did the tack move tack move tach move technique. That's on my welding cart, so it really doesn't matter that much. I never do that on my truck though. I just pull the trigger and drag.

IMAG0095.jpg

Red....he can just get a dedicated liner....why get a whole gun....unless it's a spool gun. I've got a dedicated liner for mine. I've had it ever since we welded Bre620's bedcover. ....hhmmm....I don't think I've ever put up pics of that project on ratsun.....not sure where they even are.

He did it that way so he can just swap out the gun and the spool and be back to steel wire.

I wanna see the bed cover :cool:

Sweet welds guys!! Kaoss....do you turn the volts up to get it to lay flatter like that or simply move faster? Jesusno2....that mig? What gas are you using?

Bee....I'm going to get a .023" liner for it when I order it. Nobody has one locally, so I'm going to order it online....it's cheaper. I'll order some extra supplies with it too :)

Red....he can just get a dedicated liner....why get a whole gun....unless it's a spool gun. I've got a dedicated liner for mine. I've had it ever since we welded Bre620's bedcover. ....hhmmm....I don't think I've ever put up pics of that project on ratsun.....not sure where they even are.

its i tig welding process those were some practice peices my purge sucks really i cant get around any pipe yet you should see some of the purge welds some dudes do their its pretty impressive i try to practice every night if i have time.

Thanks. I kinda figured it had to be tig....never hear of anyone purging a mig weld. I have a second bottle of argon here just in case I need to do that sometime :) ....guess I'd better check and see if I have an extra regulator too.

• 2 weeks later...

got some new toys in the last couple of days....tomorrow starts my weekend....maybe I'll have time to play with them. I'm really pleased at just how much smaller the new mig gun is!!!! The rosebud is for the Cobra torch.....speaking of which, I found the cast iron rod today and bought a pound.... @ $19/lb!!! :o I don't think I'll be doing much of that for free!! But, I did want to play with it if only to learn :)

100_0750.jpg

100_0752.jpg

100_0753.jpg

I just can't get a good strong weld off stick mellow.gif

Maybe just because it's a cheap POS welder? laugh.gif Idk, I've always been partial to mig welding. It was the first welding I had ever done.

Learned on some $1K+ welder my brother borrowed from the metal fab place he worked for. Came with a big ass tank of shield gas that made it a hell of a lot easier to deal with.

First thing I bought after buying my own welder was a self adjusting helmet. Saved a lot of pain in my ass!

I just can't get a good strong weld off stick mellow.gif

Maybe just because it's a cheap POS welder? laugh.gif Idk, I've always been partial to mig welding. It was the first welding I had ever done.

Learned on some $1K+ welder my brother borrowed from the metal fab place he worked for. Came with a big ass tank of shield gas that made it a hell of a lot easier to deal with.

First thing I bought after buying my own welder was a self adjusting helmet. Saved a lot of pain in my ass!

Man if you were closer, id have you come over and burn thru some of my rod (let the puns begin). It takes practice. I did 6 months of stick at the local college, 8 hours a day. And im not even that great...

Man if you were closer, id have you come over and burn thru some of my rod (let the puns begin). It takes practice. I did 6 months of stick at the local college, 8 hours a day. And im not even that great...

^^Reason I love Ratsun right there.

And I'll leave it alone this time. Skib can handle that one :rofl:

• 7 months later...

Not exactly welding, but anyone watching this thread might be interested in this. Weldfabulous sent me an email with a sale price on this helmet. I hemmed and hawed a bit, but then they sent me another email for free shipping.....done. :) I haven't actually used it yet, but the viewing area is large enough that I can actually use the bottom of my progressive glasses for close up work and still see out the helmet lense!!! With the sale price and free shipping, it was $170. It's got 4 sensors, which is a big reason I bought it. :)

100_1380.jpg

100_1381.jpg

100_1383.jpg

100_1384.jpg

100_1385.jpg

100_1386.jpg

izzo....the $39 helmets at HF actually work pretty well....I think mine even has two sensors in it.

Dat510....I can't answer your question, but there's guys here that can, but I'm sure they'll want a bit more info....type/size of welder....gas/gasless....indoor/outside....thickness of metal.

No2......you inspire me to want to do more tig welding.....until I see what mine looks like...then I shut if off. :) Beautiful!

I should crack out my welder and try practicing on some thicker stuff. I have a little chinese DC unit (Giant brand) that does Stick, TIG, and plasma. Can't seem to keep my tungsten from getting contaminated and/or being burned up though.. I think partially was due to bad shield gas. Also found out that trying to weld galvanized steel is virtually impossible... learning experiences, learning experiences.