7 hours ago, paradime said:

Not sure why this shit is such a BFD to anyone not living here. California must be pretty important to them.

I read how this ban is primarily aimed at 2 stroke engines, and won't apply to small equipment 4 strokes that are converted to run on propane. As for generators, the ban won't go into effect until 2028, it doesn't apply to diesel engines, propane, or Volkon dilithium crystal generators. But I feel America's pain, godma forbid the market should have to create cleaner solutions for the hippie F'n gardeners in this state. Oh the injustice of it all, the wanton cruelty, the inhumanity to man!!!!

You know, I've been thinking the earthquakes, flooding, landslides, power outages & downed trees in Humboldt County is California starting to slide away into the Pacific, but it can't, because the rest of the country sucks.    Gotta love Cali haters. ✌️😍

You do know that I lived all my life (until about 5 years ago)

in Humboldt County? When I did,I w as really tire d of the state

Government dictating what you can & cannot buy,& passing laws

without input from the taxpayers/voters.

Look at the annual vehicle registration fees,Slave Reparations ,

and banning of selling gas/diesel  vehicles by a certain date.             

• Like 2
  • Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, angliagt said:

You do know that I lived all my life (until about 5 years ago)

in Humboldt County? When I did,I w as really tire d of the state

Government dictating what you can & cannot buy,& passing laws

without input from the taxpayers/voters.

Look at the annual vehicle registration fees,Slave Reparations ,

and banning of selling gas/diesel  vehicles by a certain date.             

Vulcan

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, bottomwatcher said:

I actually like the small propane generator idea. The worst part about a gas one is you use it in an emergency, put it away and then then next time you go to use it the fucker doesn't run for shit because of a gummed up carb. My neighbor just had an emergency house generator installed that runs on propane. We are in a hurricane zone prone to flooding so the generator is mounted on stilts and the buried tank is encased in cement so it doesn't float up out of the ground. I guess there is a solution to everything. We didn't get power back for 3 weeks. Those with the cash can buy a solution.

My small gas powered equipment never gets regular gasoline put in them.The mower,power washer,chainsaw,weed wacker and even the 510 get straight 106 octane leaded race gas from the fuel store down the street.It's about 8 bucks a gallon and worth every penny.It can sit for years and still not decay into varnish.

• Like 5
12 hours ago, paradime said:

Not sure why this shit is such a BFD to anyone not living here. California must be pretty important to them.

I read how this ban is primarily aimed at 2 stroke engines, and won't apply to small equipment 4 strokes that are converted to run on propane. As for generators, the ban won't go into effect until 2028, it doesn't apply to diesel engines, propane, or Volkon dilithium crystal generators. But I feel America's pain, godma forbid the market should have to create cleaner solutions for the hippie F'n gardeners in this state. Oh the injustice of it all, the wanton cruelty, the inhumanity to man!!!!

You know, I've been thinking the earthquakes, flooding, landslides, power outages & downed trees in Humboldt County is California starting to slide away into the Pacific, but it can't, because the rest of the country sucks.    Gotta love Cali haters. ✌️😍

My brother owns a small engine repair shop, and he is planning on shutting down because of this idiotic law. Most lawn care engines are two stroke, they are lighter and easier to use than 4 cycle, especially for some demented idea that they can run on propane. imagine hauling a tank around to cut a hedge? 

I love this state, but the Democrats make it harder every day to give a shit. Fucking Newsom and his whole ilk can go fuck themselves. 

Thank a Democrat? Fuck The Democrats! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, john510 said:

It's a big deal because California's stupid ideas seem to spread like a cancer to other states.There was a great quality generator made by Honda that you can't get in this state anymore.I think you need to catch up on what's been banned here or is going to be.And who the fuck converts a gas powered small engine to run on propane ? Good luck with that.They want to ban the gas stove,water heater and dryer.It makes so much sense.LOL.But don't charge your Tesla in the afternoon or early evening because we don't have enough electricity.

The long term plan is a carbon-free grid by 2045, but wing nut cities like SF are "getting out ahead of the curve" by taking it to Durpville. Outright ban on selling gas generators is 2028, but Honda is getting out ahead of the Durp curve and stopped selling generators here last year. All said, if you own one you can use it all you want. As for converting gas to propane, it's not rocket science.

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 12.16.57 PM.png

52 minutes ago, Jesse C. said:

My brother owns a small engine repair shop, and he is planning on shutting down because of this idiotic law. Most lawn care engines are two stroke, they are lighter and easier to use than 4 cycle, especially for some demented idea that they can run on propane. imagine hauling a tank around to cut a hedge? 

I love this state, but the Democrats make it harder every day to give a shit. Fucking Newsom and his whole ilk can go fuck themselves. 

Thank a Democrat? Fuck The Democrats! 

If your brother can develop a LPG/oil carb for 2-stokes he'd make a ton of money.

58 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

Dammit! I am at sea with shit internet the won't handle you tube. How does the 2 stroke get lubed while on propane? 

In the vid the guy is literally using an oil can 

32 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

He squirts oil in carburetor every 30 seconds of running. California will love the smoke screen effect. Proof of concept but in reality...

Needs a manual chain saw oil push button.

To the letter of the law, if it runs on propane it's all good. I was thinking a small vacuum venturi to feed the oil. Might be worth farting around with.

Actually I have a 200 hp 2 stroke outboard the runs with high pressure direct fuel injection and a separate oil injection into crank then burns up in the combustion chamber. So the concept works but the outboard has an ecu. I was curious if this was getting accomplished on a smaller scale. One redneck and oil can I will give him credit for the effort. Thanks for the explanation.

3 hours ago, paradime said:

The long term plan is a carbon-free grid by 2045, but wing nut cities like SF are "getting out ahead of the curve" by taking it to Durpville. Outright ban on selling gas generators is 2028, but Honda is getting out ahead of the Durp curve and stopped selling generators here last year. All said, if you own one you can use it all you want. As for converting gas to propane, it's not rocket science.

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 12.16.57 PM.png

I would have serious doubts a cheap Chinese conversion would be any good.What does that even fit ? As far as California's carbon free nonsense are they going to build a bubble around us to keep out air from other places ? I'm all for clean air but being ridiculous is not part of the solution.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, john510 said:

I would have serious doubts a cheap Chinese conversion would be any good.What does that even fit ? As far as California's carbon free nonsense are they going to build a bubble around us to keep out air from other places ? I'm all for clean air but being ridiculous is not part of the solution.

This works!!! Carbon neutral. Always lots of skids around the back of WallMart. I mean the wood ones.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=wood+gasifier+generator&sxsrf=AJOqlzUSKVvb0vvYQgGD41I4VHeLJS4WAw:1673137431525&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjqwpDS2rb8AhWAKzQIHZBxBDAQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1212&bih=561&dpr=1.58#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:7298ff91,vid:Bvl5XxVVjDM

57 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

Actually I have a 200 hp 2 stroke outboard the runs with high pressure direct fuel injection and a separate oil injection into crank then burns up in the combustion chamber. So the concept works but the outboard has an ecu. I was curious if this was getting accomplished on a smaller scale. One redneck and oil can I will give him credit for the effort. Thanks for the explanation.

Speaking of two strokes....https://www.facebook.com/STAVTECH/videos/1000bhp-4cyl-flat4-twin-turbo-supercharged-cummins-diesel-2stroke-engine/3219646028098407/

28 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

I'm far from a liberal, but I hate breathing 2 stroke exhaust, it makes me I'll. And not suffocating while sitting in traffic is actually pretty nice. Feels like traveling back in time when you go somewhere without much emissions control. 

https://www.facebook.com/STAVTECH/videos/1000bhp-4cyl-flat4-twin-turbo-supercharged-cummins-diesel-2stroke-engine/3219646028098407/

4 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

e-alone-dont-hurt-take-peoples-stuff-far-right-now.jpg

I would change "people" to citizens, best if a citizen with 4+years in country (as much as I would like the previous limitation to be true, the system of government which I subscribe is operating foolishly and I believe treasonous. But, until proven, it is law). That makes my slow, old, ass a dangerous alt-right extremest

1 hour ago, john510 said:

That's not the only company making the conversion carbs, and they come in other sizes. Just used it as an example. They work great and super simple to set up. We were using them on small Honda generators at Burning Man 15 years ago, but I think they've been around for much longer. Forklifts for indoor warehouses have been running propane for many decades. California has high ideals but short on common sense. SF on the other hand is at the cutting edge of ridiculous. As a contractor, I've seen ridiculousness played out like performance art. Not pretty.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

I bought my mom a propane lawn mower once. I think it worked for about 2-3 cans of propane before it started leaking. Pretty lame, because the idea is good...just low quality implementation.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.0904563b72eeb0b9a55b1b1f8af9fc46.jpgin the early 1990s I was a broke ass GI desperately needing to mow my lawn. An elderly lady sold me one of these for $5. (It was probably 20 years old back then). I used it all season with no issue. Next year when I plugged it in it went to screeching and I damned near junked it but a buddy told me to unbolt the blades, pull them out, grease the shafts and put 'em back in. I did and it worked like a charm for another season! Little thing worked like a charm other than the cutting width being the same as a Fisher-Price push popper. I've had a couple of modern corded electrics that I really liked. Got a neighbor with a cordless Ryobi that really looks sweet but for the moment I'm still running an ancient John Deere 110 rider and a couple of pushers I pulled off the curb in base housing before I left my fed job. I ain't anti-electric, just waiting for my old steeds to die.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.0904563b72eeb0b9a55b1b1f8af9fc46.jpgin the early 1990s I was a broke ass GI desperately needing to mow my lawn. An elderly lady sold me one of these for $5. (It was probably 20 years old back then). I used it all season with no issue. Next year when I plugged it in it went to screeching and I damned near junked it but a buddy told me to unbolt the blades, pull them out, grease the shafts and put 'em back in. I did and it worked like a charm for another season! Little thing worked like a charm other than the cutting width being the same as a Fisher-Price push popper. I've had a couple of modern corded electrics that I really liked. Got a neighbor with a cordless Ryobi that really looks sweet but for the moment I'm still running an ancient John Deere 110 rider and a couple of pushers I pulled off the curb in base housing before I left my fed job. I ain't anti-electric, just waiting for my old steeds to die.

I had a friends electric weed eater die or I thought it was, it was not turning but vibrating back and forth rapidly. So I told one of the old timers at work about it and one gave me 4 diodes and told me how to hook them up and walk it worked fine again. He sail the bridge rectifier when’s bad and it was not transforming it from AC to dc. 

• Like 2