Canby 2009

mklotz70

Thought I'd get this started now for those like us that have to submit their vacation requests by the end of the year.

The Datsun Driving Canby Fun 2009 show will be held on June 13-14. Start making plans now!! There's going to be some changes this year with registration....so look for "day of show" being added :)

Plans are in the works for another Ratsun award. My personal thoughts on eligibility for it are that you must drive it through the gate. Because of paperwork and such, I think it will be about a $5 reg if you want to compete for this award. So, if you're a drive in...$5 and want a shot at the award...another $5 for $10. Don't hold me to that yet, but that's the preliminary discussion with DatsunsNW pres. We'll see how it works out. I guess I'll have to attend the next meeting! :) Anyway.....I'm planning on making a sweet trophy for this class in the hopes that we can lure in all the partial and under construction rigs this year. So, if you can get your rig running enough to drive through the gate and stop(I did it with the NL using my E brake)....then trailer it to the parking lot and bring it in!! It has to be able to stop!! Don't want to be running over kids cause you're "Flintstoning" it! Anyway.....I'm hoping to get to the trophy soon...I'll post pics here.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's going to be some changes this year with registration....so look for "day of show" being added :)

Hmm, what a great idea, this should have been done last year. You may want to consider having a 2 day entry fee for those that come both days but don't enter the show, or a combined deal for those that do or whatever. Might be another great idea. I'm sure I'll be there.

Hmm, what a great idea, this should have been done last year. You may want to consider having a 2 day entry fee for those that come both days but don't enter the show, or a combined deal for those that do or whatever. Might be another great idea. I'm sure I'll be there.

Hey buddy...haven't seen you around for awhile, where did you go?. Glad your back. :D

Ok guys, me being a new guy to Canby, what is it? I know it's a social gathering of Datsun guys and it's fun as hell, but how does it work? Does it work like a classic car show? If so, count me in! Where's my pre-reg? Any plans on a group fly down? I would call it a drive but I doubt you guys do anything remotely close to driving.

Ok guys, me being a new guy to Canby, what is it? I know it's a social gathering of Datsun guys and it's fun as hell, but how does it work? Does it work like a classic car show? If so, count me in! Where's my pre-reg?

Yes, Canby is a social gathering of Datsun Guys and Gals. It is also a place you can show off your finished vehicles, or even your Ratsuns that you are working on.

A few months before June DatsunsNW will put up on their site the pre-registration forms, but also as Mike mentioned it looks like there will be same day registration. As for if there will be a category for your truck.......well, due to the fact of same day registration you may get grouped into larger groups. If there are a lot of pre-registrations, then maybe more categories can get made in advance.

In the mean time you can wet your whistle a bit by checking out some of the pictures from Canby 2008

http://www.datsunsnw.org/canby08/

There are also the ones from 2007 and 2006 as well.

Bleach's site has some great pics of the events too!

Sure....there's a lot of ways the club could do things differently, but they barely scrape together the man power to do what they're doing. If all these great ideas came with some help to back them up....I'm sure they'd find wings a lot sooner. :)

I was planning on attending the mtg next wed to bring some of these up, but they've moved it to Beaverton. I doubt I'll make any more meetings if they stay there......but that's not what this thread is about.

As for the driving events....they've been trying for the last several years to find a location for one, but haven't had any luck. If somebody wants to help them find one, they already have the rest of it set up. I'm one of the few that has no interest in a driving event....so sorry.....you guys are on your own for that one :)

I'm not that big into driving events either Mike, other than some sort of a cruise or something. Was pretty cool this year, we had like 15 trucks in a line going down I-5, and some lame 510 tagging along as well:lol:

THANKS...:fu: :lol:

It sounds fun. Where is it? What city and state? I'd like to come, just need to look at the race schedule. Maybe there will be a race nearby we could attend? I'd need to figure alot of stuff out to make it happen.