Canby 2009

mklotz70

Hmm, what a great idea, this should have been done last year. You may want to consider having a 2 day entry fee for those that come both days but don't enter the show, or a combined deal for those that do or whatever. Might be another great idea. I'm sure I'll be there.

or maybe a special deal for people who only look at the trucks.or for people who drive ford trucks. or people who run mismatched tires. or people who wear their hats sideways. i am sure no matter what they do you will find something to complain about. i went to bluelake because i didn't want to one of those guys who talks out his ass and does'nt know what he is talking about.i counted almost 200 cars. approx.100 entered in show. winners get a trophy worth about 2 bucks. and our dash plaque was from 2006? i did manage to consume my money back so i guess it was'nt all bad.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or maybe a special deal for people who only look at the trucks.or for people who drive ford trucks. or people who run mismatched tires. or people who wear their hats sideways. i am sure no matter what they do you will find something to complain about. i went to bluelake because i didn't want to one of those guys who talks out his ass and does'nt know what he is talking about.

Ummm, I don't see why that was necessary based on his post. It was just an idea, why BBQ the guy? :confused:

sounds real cool. definitely had a great time last year. one question though, you said vehicles have to be able to be running to get in the gates? i want to bring my nl320 but im worried it wont be fully ready in time.

I believe what Mike meant was that to be eligible for the "New Ratsun" award was that you would have to be able to drive and stop your vehicle through the gate. There is nothing stopping you from bringing your NL320 to the show running or not. But also as he stated nothing has been set for sure on even if there is going go be the award. It is just something that he is checking into.

I'm sure there is a nice hotel nearby. How far is the airport? I'd like to fly in and rent a Datsun (LOL) and drive out to meet all of you. Will there be cars there for sale? I wonder if I will end up driving home in a new Datto? :eek:

We can arrange a datto caravan to pick you up!!! :D

I believe what Mike meant was that to be eligible for the "New Ratsun" award was that you would have to be able to drive and stop your vehicle through the gate. There is nothing stopping you from bringing your NL320 to the show running or not. But also as he stated nothing has been set for sure on even if there is going go be the award. It is just something that he is checking into.

I think a Ratsun Award would be cool, but I think it should be required that the car is entered in the show. As I get older I realize how much effort and money it takes to do stuff of half the magnitude of a show. I think it would help support the club and help raise funds, also giving everyone a reason to enter. Maybe a ratsun truck award and a ratsun car award, we all know how many beaters are out there.

• 1 month later...

How many guys from So Cal are going to canby? The wife and I are thinking about comming up. I think I have her talked into it. I'll be towing the goon so I'm looking at a 16-20 hr drive. Whats the weather like up there in June?

Quite pleasent I would think. And whats the lodging like also. I need some help from you NW boys. Oh and I promice I won't stay and I won't drive like a Kalifornian.

here is the average weather

http://www.travelportland.com/visitors/weather.html

and here are some hotels in the area

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hotels+canby+oregon&aq=f&oq=

hope to see you there

Thanks F/D

How far in advance should I book my hotel ?

I think there has been an award :)

You can easily make that drive!! Any hardcore datsun enthusiast would love to drive their rig that far!!! :)

......seriously.......I don't want to drive 35 mile across town to attend the meetings, let alone 1325 for an event!! :) I do drive the 400 miles to Spokane for the Goodguys event every Aug :) ......ummm.....actually, Paula drives the entire way....I sleep! I figured I'd better put that in there since I'm sure she would have!!! :)

you been to the good guys the last 2 years? we have had a rust busters booth there both years. I think we talked about this :lol::lol: Hope to be meeting alot of fellow ratsuners at the show, We should all wear ratsun shirts with your Names on them in marker haha

How many guys from So Cal are going to canby? The wife and I are thinking about comming up. I think I have her talked into it. I'll be towing the goon so I'm looking at a 16-20 hr drive. Whats the weather like up there in June?

Quite pleasent I would think. And whats the lodging like also. I need some help from you NW boys. Oh and I promice I won't stay and I won't drive like a Kalifornian.

Just an FYI I stayed in wilsonville (its past canby by a couple exits but makes for a nice caravan into the show) at the super 8 and will be again this year I also had no problem with parking the trailer in front of the hotel. and the weather was beautiful we are planning on leaving thursday afternoon drive for about 4-5 hrs then stop for the night and finish the drive the next morning I would love to have another member in the caravan :D

Fastdad, how long have you had the rising sun hood in your avitar? i have been thinking of doing a reverse spectrum rising sun for a while now and it might have been subliminal from yours haha

it is photo shoped i did it this weekend i also did it in black and white

we are planning on leaving thursday afternoon drive for about 4-5 hrs then stop for the night and finish the drive the next morning I would love to have another member in the caravan :D

Count me in Clayton. At least for the drive up. I might go to Portland for the week after to stay with a friend, and to get a few days of snowboarding at Mount Hood :D.

Does anybody know the camping situation in the area? I would much rather do that then a motel.