Canby 2009

mklotz70

WOW!!!! what a trip 11 hours to canby in a race seat and no tune was rough but I had a great time meet a few more Ratsun guys and girls hung out alot and wished I would have camped but I really enjoyed the nice dry hotel room :D thanks to all you north west folks and your hospitality. Mike and Paula (and Mend:D) Thanks! you guys rock as well as the rest of you, The drive home from my sisters house was ok (only 8.5 hours) did a nut and bolt check tuesday night, glad I did I found a few loose nuts and bolts and my fan/alternator belt was loose...then the fun started I tightened everything up and go to start the goon up and WINGGGG nothing the starter spins but no crank, crank, vroom :mad: 3200 people in Oakridge and a single napa and of course no gear reduction started for a Z car in stock, so a nice quick 45 minute drive to Springfield/Eugene (TWEEKER CAPITAL OF THE N.W.) I find one and head back. I got up early around 7am and installed the starter she fired right up Lisa and I pack up and hit the road around 11:30am or 12 on wednesday with no issues stopped for dinner in willows Ca. at around 5:30 and we rolled into the bay area around 8:30... nothing major until thursday morning when I moved stuff around and went to put the goon back in the garage I fire her up and it has the typical FJ top chain rattle that turns into what sounds like I spun a main bearing/rod knock not sure what it was BUT IT WAS FUCKING LOUD and she wont hold anything more than 10psi of oil pressure at idle (its normally about 25 at idle) and wont hold more than 25-30 if I reved it (normal is 60-70psi) so I quickly shut her down and push her into the garage and let her sit for a bit well the oil leak I had at the timing chain cover turned into a bigger leak somewhere between willows and home and pushed at least a couple quarts of oil out...:mad::( so today or tomorrow I will change the oil and see if it was ultra low on oil or if I need to tear her down and check the damage. my budget vacation may have turned into a pricey affair. anyway it was great to see all of you guys again and look forward to next year and maybe Blue lakes this year, I have a free round trip airline ticket all I need now is a ride and a place to sleep :lol:

Clayton

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clayton and Lisa

Glad to hear that you made it home OK. Amazing how the only part that you could have even gotten locally for that motor is the one that went bad.

You must have your internet back too?

Hope to see you at Blue Lake.

Thanks guys I was so glad to pull in my driveway wednesday night it is by far the furthest I had ever driven in a 40 year old car about 1500 miles in roughly a week and a half, I just hope she aint hurt internally and even if she it can be fixed.

Carlos, Glad to have meet you, also love the truck its very photo friendly Lisa took a few and the few people that have seen the pics ask about it :D

Clayton

...so you drive all the way down here....and don't say HI....you probably timed it so that you'd buy my alt bracket(w/alt attached) when I wasn't there...................I see how you are!!! j/k!! lol :)

LOL! That's awesome! Your wife was talking to you on the phone but I had no idea it was you! I still have the alternator rolling around in my trunk, just now realizing that's the clunk I've been hearing over bumps. :D Ugly bracket, but it worked, and it's still on! Best $1 ratsun fix ever!

I was "Talked To" by the datsunsNW guys today for my lack of forethought in my driving around in the back field at night. He said that he heard about it from some lady. He said they arent pissed or nuthin but it will not be tollerated at future events. There is plenty of roads around there for ppl like me to go screw around on. I plan on racing in the autoX next year and dont forsee it being a problem again for me. Next year some strict guy is gonna be running the camping and I was warned about that aswell. "They will kick people out" Again they arent pissed or nuthin, just a friendly WARNING!

see dave, you shoulda used your lightbar, then there would of been no issues.. if theres going to be camping police count me out, i'll get a motel or something..

Im sorry, I forgot the light bar. It will not happen again:D

He didnt make it seem that there was gonna be Police per say. It was more of a guy that is fairly strict. I also voiced my concerns about makin it too stuffy, and no-fun to camp there. I was kinda roudy and I admit that. But I will have a hard time returning to a all weekend camping event if we arent alloud to party.

My name is Dave, and I like to Party!

yes exactly, there was some pretty trashed people there, you an me an our crowed wasnt really apart of it, (besides the donuts lol) but ya i think alot of people are going to agree.. maybe we can rent out a motel or something lol, get a 4-6 room party going hahaha would be tight if they all connected we could just open all the doors lol

Guest DatsuNoob

For those of you wondering... verdict was I did in fact break my rt elbow on that stoopid bike! No cast though, just a sling. Doc said it was borderline surgery. The radial head (ball on the end of the radius at elbow) was cracked in such a way, close to the edge, they were wanting to put screws in me. I told ol' sawbones where to shove those screws, and said I'd be fine. More than ever, Docs seem to be trying to make that "add on sale" and get you in for those extra office visits/x-rays/consultations, etc. It's pretty shitty to think that my dr sees me as a bankroll instead of a patient needing proper care, but I've already thrown so much $$$ at that knucklehead it doesnt seem smart to find another one to do the same thing with. I should be back in action in a little less than a month from now. Elbow pops like a SOB though.