Project "MX520" TOP SECRET

Bob3

x3 we will want to buy a copy 

that is one bad ass truck both sitting and driving

and faith in Tommys driving :thumbup:  :thumbup:  I watched a video of him at 14 at the nasa event he seemed so cool and calm about the whole being 14 thing 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That first picture is breathtaking, can't wait to see more. Will you get copies of all the pics taken by the mag?

Yes, I will get copies of the ones they will use and even the ones they don't use!  :thumbup:

• Like 2

Well, I knew the day would come . . .

the first dent . . .

TheDent8-31-13_zpscc418920.jpg

I was backing out of the garage at the track this morning, I was not paying attention, and I backed into the car that I had just parked in the way. Doohhhh ! ! ! :crying:

The first one hurts the most.

Ouch, well I guess it's a good thing we did the shoot when we did huh? Luckily it doesn't look too bad.

Also I'll make sure to post up all the shots for everyone, including those that aren't used for the feature once it's published.

You can fix that Bob, looks like you might have brushed the taillight also??? (the tape)???

Yes, it broke the taillight and put a very small dent in the tailgate about the size of a sunflower seed. I'm so pissed at myself!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I knew the day would come . . .

the first dent . . .

TheDent8-31-13_zpscc418920.jpg

I was backing out of the garage at the track this morning, I was not paying attention, and I backed into the car that I had just parked in the way. Doohhhh ! ! ! :crying:

The first one hurts the most.

Too bad u'r not in the Seattle area. I know the best PDR guy ever. He does Lambo's and Ferrari's

I had my PDR guy try and he couldn't get it. It has a hidden inner wall in there, we tried & tried . . . couldn't get it.  :hmm:

Oh well, I LOVE THIS TRUCK ! I will get it fixed eventually.  :) It is in my shop at the house for the winter now. I have a pretty long "to do" list after three years of track and street use. The list includes; new and improved racing motor mounts, new triple pass radiator, new mishimoto silicone coolant hoses, dual-friction clutch disc, improve the transmission mount at the tail shaft, fabricate E-brake cable hanger, drilled brake rotors, new brake calipers, replace front hubs, come up with a cup holder, install new matching seat belts, install a horn, replace the cheap kill-switch I bought, etc, etc . . .

:thumbup:  

• Like 2

The bed corners are pretty thick metal...18ga maybe?  I don't think they can really be pulled.  Mine are riddled with little volcanoes from some idiot trying to pull them.

everything can be pulled with the right equipment 

you can use  concentrated heat to soften the metal to message it easier 

you just need to be an expert with metal 

which I am not 

perfect example below 

lasvagas11_5218.jpglasvagas11_5224.jpg

lasvagas11_5246.jpg

lasvagas11_5252.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Yea, it was the last race before they paved the last section, the next year was the first race without any dirt. It will never be the same. There is family history for me there, my great, great uncle raced there in the late 20s and early 30s with a 1927 Chevy speedster. I used to have a pic of it sitting in front of his dealership in Alt Colorado, but my ex managed to loose it for me. More family history lost! :mad: