Datsuns in movies...............

You guys are gonna' #*$? ! ! ! ! !

Check out................

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?make=Datsun&page=2...

This website lists about 200 Datsuns that have been in movies!!! I don't know how the person tracked these all down but VERY GOOD quality photos taken from the films have been done!! There are Datsuns back to the 50s and movies from at least 1960!! Also, TV shows such as Chips and Starsky & Hutch. I spent at least a couple of hours looking at, enlarging and copying photos!! Awesome, totally awesome!! There is a Datsun for all of Us on here, the earliest being a 1955 110 in the TV series MASH !!! Enjoy!!

• Like 2
  • Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just watch a whole bunch of movies and take snapshots of each and every interesting car, then post it up online...

Sounds like Mr. Skin for car guys!

Mostly foriegn films, so alot of them would be difficult to get here. If anyone finds one that they like, I can look into getting it for you (work at video store)

Pretty cool site.

I did a search for "Gone in 60 Seconds", (the original, not that goofy Nick Cage one), to see if they had a pic of my old '71 521 that was used in the movie.

It's not included in the IMCDb "database" but, if any of you happen to watch that movie, watch for the scene where the banged-up Eleanor gets a car wash. My old burgundy truck has a brief moment of fame.

I had bought the truck from the original owner who lived in Torrance, CA at the time of the movie and, had included some interesting 1973 documentation from H.B. Halicki about the use of the truck, (some legal-babel waiver form), in the movie when I picked up the truck in San Francisco some 16 years later and brought it back to SoCal.

I got totaled in a parking lot a few years ago by some guy in a 1-ton van while he was evading the police. While upset about it's tragically unfortunate ending, I late thought it was an appropriate death, considering it's involvement in a wreck-as-many-cars-as-you-can car-chase movie.

Hey You guys,

I haven't had time yet to check this out, but it looks like You can join and help out. On each photo there is "suggestions" down below from people helping out. Terie and I surfed for a while and I drifted into an area where there are 90+ pages of vehicles that they still need help with. I might take time some day and see whats on there. But in the "suggestions" area it looks like people put in what they think a vehicle might be and then somebody makes the final decision which maker it gets listed into. I know We have discussed earlier all of the Datsuns that We know of (I looked at that yesterday on the other forum) and there are a few missing from this website. Maybe We can join and tell them of ones We know about. Anyway I also looked at Ford Couriers, Luvs (found a FOURDOOR LUV in there!!) and Toyotas. Didn't look at Mazdas yet. Later.......................

Check our list of Datsun 1200s in movies (including pics): Datsun1200.com Wiki

The best one is perhaps Gone In 60 Seconds with the green coupe while Lyle Wagoneer's Ferrari is getting washed. And then when they chase the mustang around Nissan corporate headquarters!

8715.jpg

Datsun 240Z, Datsun 1200 & Datsun B210

6537.jpeg

The Junkman (sequel to Gone in 60 Seconds)

7966.jpg

The Last Waltz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
You guys are gonna' #*$? ! ! ! ! !

Check out................

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?make=Datsun&page=2...

This website lists about 200 Datsuns that have been in movies!!! I don't know how the person tracked these all down but VERY GOOD quality photos taken from the films have been done!! There are Datsuns back to the 50s and movies from at least 1960!! Also, TV shows such as Chips and Starsky & Hutch. I spent at least a couple of hours looking at, enlarging and copying photos!! Awesome, totally awesome!! There is a Datsun for all of Us on here, the earliest being a 1955 110 in the TV series MASH !!! Enjoy!!

Ahhhhhh... Wonder Woman.. you know.. I don't think anything has matched it since. A young lad sitting down watching the lovely curvaceous Linda Carter bounce around the screen... oh myyyyy..

Ahhhhhh... Wonder Woman.. you know.. I don't think anything has matched it since. A young lad sitting down watching the lovely curvaceous Linda Carter bounce around the screen... oh myyyyy..

No shit!!! and those knock out eyes!!!! I actually liked her in her alter ego get up with glasses on, tight uniform and hair tied back.... kind of librarian-ish. OH MY!!!!!:D:D:D

• 1 month later...

This isnt a movie but I just saw a guy with no hands (Split arms for a claw like effect) on Ripley's Believe it or Not TV show driving a datsun 620... It was red with black DATSUN on the tailgate. He drives a truck for a living and that truck happens to be that old 70's Datsun!

Link to the episodes description.

LINKY

It doesn't state anything about that guy but that is the episode.