CANBY 2017 IT WILL BEE fun 'n stuff

Ranman72

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also for the ones that want more freedom to Party and such. You think State parks or others are going to allow you to work on your Datsun, be loud and crazy and have security for your stuff. They have rules too. I can understand being able to come and go as you please but its just one weekend. You have 51 other weeks to screw off and do what you want.

Clearly you missed Rats with Dats last year..... 1am burnouts :rofl:

• Like 3

There was also a wedding.... or something.

Yes, I know. Mike should of complained then and insisted not to pay. Not months later. Well maybe not months.

I did mid afternoon Friday at the gate, while paying for a camp space. Said... not in the show just want to camp, no one wanted to listen, or didn't know what they were doing. I'll try again this year, but $3 to walk in looks pretty inviting.

Shit, Canby is fun even before the event, look at all the trolling going on :rofl:

62722787_orig.jpg

• Like 2

]

Well shit..... I may have to crash some bodies driveway

OR pay the fee.....

Hmmmm.......

Where're we camping gato?

I'm trying to convince him that we could find a nice ally in Portland to takeover. Datsun Bumfights 2017. There's a bunch of overpasses and we can sleep in shifts, and fight in shifts. Much better stories.

Also for the ones that want more freedom to Party and such.  You think State parks or others are going to allow you to work on your Datsun, be loud and crazy and have security for your stuff. They have rules too.  I can understand being able to come and go as you please but its just one weekend. You have  51  other weeks to screw off and do what you want.

I take my "screw(ing) off" very seriously. Not sleeping in that arrangement. Call it a personal guideline. Some chicks won't sleep with you on a first date, I won't sleep in a locked fairground. Different things for different people. No judgement necessary.

• Like 2

Fuck that. You roll with us, you swing with us. 

What if Ratsun was to take a stand against camping in as long as this fee still remains?

Empty parking lot across the street---free to park in. Just sayin. 

I will vocally extend my thoughts as to why I am not paying to camp on-site. I will not pay extra for something I would already be paying for. 

This year I am camping elsewhere. 3 miles from the fairgrounds is well worth saving $50 to me. 

I may even just park in those empty spots next to the annex of the fairgrounds to save a touch more money. 

I'd be willing to bet a large part of the revenue is from camping. If that revenue stream is severely decreased they're going to notice.

No camping revenue, less revenue, means they're operating the show on their own dime.

DNW-people are talking. Time to listen.  

• Like 1

One time ,,,,,,,,,,

Does not constitute a revenue "stream"   ,,, if you will

giphy.gif

hobo approves of bumfights but will refrain from participating

hobo doesn't like physical altercations

Would you prefer if we change the title to Hobofights? We'll live cast on FaceBook and sell tickets. I bet you we could make enough off this piece to ACTUALLY give money to a local charity...

Fuck that. You roll with us, you swing with us. 

What if Ratsun was to take a stand against camping in as long as this fee still remains?

This year I am camping elsewhere. 3 miles from the fairgrounds is well worth saving $50 to me. 

I may even just park in those empty spots next to the annex of the fairgrounds to save a touch more money

Yes, you come to the bum fights, you fight the bum. I was planning on Bum v. Bum but now... Ratsun v. Bum apparently. And Gato has a point, we don't leave our guys behind.

For me, I'd be happy to pay for a place. But... I don't like the game they're playing with this. I'll get a hotel room, park there, then uber around. I never play the "how am I gonna get back to my bed" game. I'd muuuuuch rather get a cab than a deuce. I might just swing through there when I go to Portland next to see what's what. We'll find a good Hobo park to chill in.

• Like 1

One time ,,,,,,,,,,

Does not constitute a revenue "stream"   ,,, if you will

I get the joke. Touche'. 

But if you, me, mike, everyone were to stand against....THAT was the revenue stream I was speaking of. 

Yes. Camping at Canby was pretty cool. It wasn't like the stories I heard prior though. Felt kind of ripped off. 

Saturday night...it was me, nanners, tendril, and Busta's? girlfriend that were awake. And it was barely past midnight. 

But...why is DNW double-dipping? I hope I am not alone, but I will tell Steve when I walk in why I am not paying to camp and hope that my $3 or $15 is enough to go around. 

• Like 1

Are we going down that charity road again?

I made that joke just for you Wayne. ;-) I read those threads, I just didn't comment on them. I'm not actually hosting bum fights in Portland either. I'm just trying to goat you into bringing the truck that's your icon.

Lol. He's still new. Let's not take him there, yet.

Yeah, but I can still read.... I actually figured those wounds would have healed by now, buuuut they haven't. So I'll leave it.

For me, I'd be happy to pay for a place. But... I don't like the game they're playing with this. I'll get a hotel room, park there, then uber around. I never play the "how am I gonna get back to my bed" game. I'd muuuuuch rather get a cab than a deuce. I might just swing through there when I go to Portland next to see what's what. We'll find a good Hobo park to chill in.

The fairgrounds are about 500 meters by almost half that wide in size. I would guess over 1/3 just grassy fields. Lots of room to roam around and all securely fenced, but not to keep you in, but anyone else out. For hundreds of yards around no one that isn't there because of a Datsun or Nissan. If looking for the party scene this ain't it. It ain't rowdy but can be interesting, has it's own flavor.

Empty parking lot across the street---free to park in. Just sayin. 

I will vocally extend my thoughts as to why I am not paying to camp on-site. I will not pay extra for something I would already be paying for. 

I may even just park in those empty spots next to the annex of the fairgrounds to save a touch more money. 

I'd be willing to bet a large part of the revenue is from camping. If that revenue stream is severely decreased they're going to notice.

No camping revenue, less revenue, means they're operating the show on their own dime.

DNW-people are talking. Time to listen.  

I'd like to keep Ratsun out of this. Your choice to camp, or not, just not a Ratsun choice. Not all Ratsun members, or non members, would agree and will think this is just causing trouble. I don't want any trouble I just want to camp like I always have. If that's not going to happen this year, then I have an alternate plan. Maybe Canby '18 will be different because of it?    

• Like 2

The fairgrounds are about 500 meters by almost half that wide in size. I would guess over 1/3 just grassy fields. Lots of room to roam around and all securely fenced, but not to keep you in, but anyone else out. For hundreds of yards around no one that isn't there because of a Datsun or Nissan. If looking for the party scene this ain't it. It ain't rowdy but can be interesting, has it's own flavor.

Yep, totally get it, but I'm still not camping in a cage. Even if you would let me sleep in your sleeping bag.

If I wanna get rowdy I'll do it elsewhere. Lots of options. I won't be advertising my affiliation with any group. I'm not trying to speak on behalf of the community, just one dude. This dude isn't camping there. I love camping, but I don't like the restrictions because they infringe on my comfort level. Personal preference.

• Like 2

ratsun member argue about the camping and prices all over the forums meanwhile the organizers count the cash after the weekend. no consideration for the datsun/ratsun community. they dont give u a discount for the entrance if you camp. you dont waive the entrance fee if you enter your datsun in the show. you have to pay for every single thing. atleast give us a canby shirt for camping and entering the datsun in the show.

• Like 1

I'd like to keep Ratsun out of this. Your choice to camp, or not, just not a Ratsun choice. Not all Ratsun members, or non members, would agree and will think this is just causing trouble. I don't want any trouble I just want to camp like I always have. If that's not going to happen this year, then I have an alternate plan. Maybe Canby '18 will be different because of it?

I get what you're saying...

I'm not asking you or Jeff to organize a coup. Meant it more generally...As individuals reading this, take your own stand, unite as one, blah, blah...

Mike, my invitation is still open to you.

• Like 2

Yep, totally get it, but I'm still not camping in a cage. Even if you would let me sleep in your sleeping bag.

If I wanna get rowdy I'll do it elsewhere. Lots of options. I won't be advertising my affiliation with any group. I'm not trying to speak on behalf of the community, just one dude. This dude isn't camping there. I love camping, but I don't like the restrictions because they infringe on my comfort level. Personal preference.

He doesn't have a sleeping bad, he does so under his datto....I've seen the oic!

Would you prefer if we change the title to Hobofights? We'll live cast on FaceBook and sell tickets. I bet you we could make enough off this piece to ACTUALLY give money to a local charity...

Yes, you come to the bum fights, you fight the bum. I was planning on Bum v. Bum but now... Ratsun v. Bum apparently. And Gato has a point, we don't leave our guys behind.

hobo does not approve of hobo fights.