CANBY 2017 IT WILL BEE fun 'n stuff

Ranman72

no smoking

no dogs

no cars on the lawn except at canby

no alcoholic beverages

no drugs

no briquette bbq gas only

Sounds like high school, except they allowed smoking there.

Yeah, no shit. I can't believe they're using this as a venue for old school car guys... dogs, booze, cars, and burning meat are pretty much the staples...

• Like 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SMH.

I may just park outside the fairgrounds. Have my own little show.

Paying $25 a night+corral...To get locked in to a fence on a Saturday night...Yeah. No.

I'll be driving 200 plus miles one way...I can carry on a couple more to get to my camp site...After getting to be free on the town.

Curfew is when I say it is.

• Like 4

SMH.

I may just park outside the fairgrounds. Have my own little show.

Paying $25 a night+corral...To get locked in to a fence on a Saturday night...Yeah. No.

I'll be driving 200 plus one...I can carry on a couple more miles to my camp site...After getting to be free on the town.

Curfew is when I say it is.

Wtf you mean they lock the gate?

• Like 1

your shit is pretty safe too when the gates are locked 

it has been this way for years whith the locking of the gate 

it is no big deal 

every rule is broken except dogs and booze in original container 

we will see how this year goes 

camping with a bunch of datsun freaks is awesome if it costs more than before i have no fucks to give 

I will pay it just like last year 

hopefully they do the car show the old way but i am not holding my breath 

• Like 3

Yeah, nothing against anyone, you guys have been super cool to me. It's a personal preference that I don't do locked gates and groups. Had a couple REALLY bad experiences in the past.

I may still go to the meet, but I'm just not camping like that.

Yeah, nothing against anyone, you guys have been super cool to me. It's a personal preference that I don't do locked gates and groups. Had a couple REALLY bad experiences in the past.

its a great time all around

come for the day have fun 

• Like 2

I guess you have to understand it, I get it even though I have never camped there.

As I recall there was actually an engine replaced in that camp, along with other mechanical work done out of necessity, some of it done in the middle of the night, for those that were there, it makes some great life time memories, stories for your family in the future, and for those that were not there when you get home.

• Like 3

18 pages of reasons why they might be little short with people these days

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/71095-12th-annual-canby-datsun-show-and-camp-june-91011th/page-1

Actually there is only one reason. My calling it a gouge to pay to go to the show after you have paid to camp there. This is totally on me. I have attended the last 5 or 6 years, camped there, and highly recommend it. The fairgrounds are closed for the night at 11:00 for security reasons and very much appreciated as you can wander around in the dark safe from roaming strangers and troublemakers from town. If you can't go out, and get back and be inside by 11:00 then too bad.

Camping.... I just sleep in the back of my station wagon on the trip down so I can do this anywhere, but I would prefer to be inside the security gate with everyone else like minded and don't mind the $50 to do so. My beef is paying another $15 for the privileged to be there for the two days.

So NWD, your loss of $50 and my saving? This is an easy administrative decision $15 or $50??? and an easy fix.

I highly recommend you to camp there if you are so inclined. I usually get there Friday afternoon and will check at the gate if last years price policy is in effect. If it is.... well, I'll have more money to spend on Teds parts. Win win either way for me, DNW you could be out $35 extra dollars. You have to pay for the fairgrounds any way, might as well pack as many willing campers in as possible.

• Like 2

And this is what the issue is, Mike had to pay the $15.00 on top of the camping even though he did not park his car in the corral, he left it where he camped.

Yes, I know. Mike should of complained then and insisted not to pay. Not months later. Well maybe not months.
  • Like 1

Also for the ones that want more freedom to Party and such.  You think State parks or others are going to allow you to work on your Datsun, be loud and crazy and have security for your stuff. They have rules too.  I can understand being able to come and go as you please but its just one weekend. You have  51  other weeks to screw off and do what you want.

• Like 2

I guess you have to understand it, I get it even though I have never camped there.

As I recall there was actually an engine replaced in that camp, along with other mechanical work done out of necessity, some of it done in the middle of the night, for those that were there, it makes some great life time memories, stories for your family in the future, and for those that were not there when you get home.

Main bearing replacement 2015

• Like 2