CANBY 2017 IT WILL BEE fun 'n stuff

Ranman72

The internet says theres 110 at the pump in portland. The other option is finding a friendly general aviation strip with a 100LL pump.

There's an aviation station at Desert Aire, Wa, Richland, and Pasco. I'll be flying out of all three in the next few weeks. You want me to look into it?

Richland and Desert Aire are small strips. There's another one in Ellensburg, and two in Yakima County. I could ask my pilot too. He's kinda like the midget on Game of Thrones.... he drinks.... and he knows things.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Datzenmike it doesnt realy like half 94 and half avgas. But runs as well on avgas as it does on c12 or 16.

Trick gas has gnarly fumes

I checked with these guys today and they sell Aviation Gas. That's at the Richland Airport. Air travel to the Airfield in Ellensburg is temporarily suspended due to weather conditions but I'll let you know when my pilot lets me know if they sell av/gas there.

https://www.airnav.com/airport/KRLD/SUNDANCE_AV

Also he said this website was pretty good. Just plan out your route using this and call each station before you leave to make sure you can fill your car there.

https://www.airnav.com/plan/fuel/

• Like 4

Pricing for the event is going to be the same as last year.

Entry, $10 for one day, $15 for both

RV camp site, $30 per night w elect hook up

Tent camp site, $25 per night

Saturday night banquet dinner, $15, kids $10,

Vendor site, $20

Walk-ins at gate, $3 or 2 for $5

T-shirts, $15

Sweatshirts, $25

Raffle tickets, $1 each or 6 for $5

Cash and credit cards will be accepted, no American Express

What's the $10 entry for... the car in the show???

So if not in the show and only camping, then I should be charged $25 a night and maybe $3 to 'walk in' then. See, this is where it all went wrong last year so I guess I'll find out at the gate.

Here's the whole thing for those that don't want to open another window...

Our event starts on Friday, June 9th and goes through Sunday the 11th.

Gates are open from 4PM-10PM on Friday

Open on Saturday from 8AM-10PM, then on Sunday from 8AM-3PM.

Good news for the Datsun family's with children!

This year we will have some things to keep the kids entertained.

Besides the great cars that come to our show, we will have a free video arcade game,

two hot wheels 6 lane drag racing sets, hot wheels, and a corn hole beanbag game.

If you have any other ideas for activities we would gladly consider them.

Big thanks to Chip, I hear he has organized a sizable group coming over from the east coast (totally awesome)!

Schedule:

Friday is for early arrivals, including camping and vendor set up.

Saturday features the car corral, some games, plenty of socializing, enjoying Datsuns, and catching up with the people that go with them.

Later that evening we have the banquet dinner and then a movie. Sunday we will have our spectacular car show, you know some great cars always show up for this!

Then the raffle (make sure to get your tickets early, some good prizes to be had!) and show awards will kick off around 3pm.

After that, it's on to thinking about all the other Datsun shows for the rest of the year!

Pricing for the event is going to be the same as last year.

Entry, $10 for one day, $15 for both

RV camp site, $30 per night w elect hook up

Tent camp site, $25 per night

Saturday night banquet dinner, $15, kids $10,

Vendor site, $20

T-shirts, $15

Sweatshirts, $25

Raffle tickets, $1 each or 6 for $5

Cash and credit cards will be accepted, no American Express

DNW and the fairgrounds will provide a great venue which includes:

campgrounds

porta-potties with sinks

showers

wash area for cars

food vendor on site

plenty of car parking

swap and vendor spaces

movie night

slide show at our banquet dinner

a beautiful green venue in Canby, Oregon.

Clackamas County Fairground Rules: NO DOGS or other pets allowed on the grounds, unless you have a registered service animal

It is required by the fairgrounds that the owner has the service animal certificate with them and that the animal is wearing its service vest!

The fairgrounds is a smoke free facility, smoking is allowed across the street.

We will have security patrols to keep everyone safe.

Thanks for your particiaption, and we shall see you in Canby!

• Like 1

"It is required by the fairgrounds that the owner has the service animal certificate with them and that the animal is wearing its service vest!"

This is illegal.

"When it is not obvious what service an animal provides, only limited inquiries are allowed. Staff may ask two questions: (1) is the dog a service animal required because of a disability, and (2) what work or task has the dog been trained to perform. Staff cannot ask about the person’s disability, require medical documentation, require a special identification card or training documentation for the dog, or ask that the dog demonstrate its ability to perform the work or task."

https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm

• Like 4

"It is required by the fairgrounds that the owner has the service animal certificate with them and that the animal is wearing its service vest!"

This is illegal.

"When it is not obvious what service an animal provides, only limited inquiries are allowed. Staff may ask two questions: (1) is the dog a service animal required because of a disability, and (2) what work or task has the dog been trained to perform. Staff cannot ask about the person’s disability, require medical documentation, require a special identification card or training documentation for the dog, or ask that the dog demonstrate its ability to perform the work or task."

https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm

Fairgrounds and DNW subject to lawsuits, someone with Steven's cell should inform him since he doesn't read PM on ratsun, this could hurt them.

Fuck that, it's not my job to tell him the laws. I just talked to the OR AG's office and there's Civil case law in Oregon that would permit the person who refuses entry to be personally sued, the organizers to be individually personally sued, the county to be sued, and any organizations involved, including sponsors. All you need is one person with a legit medical dog to be turned away... and they're all fucked.

Guess we wouldn't have to worry about parking passes next year. The fallout from this world shut it down. I CAN'T believe they'd be stupid enough to have this rule... a major lawsuit for this is in the media like once a month.

• Like 1

Fuck that, it's not my job to tell him the laws. I just talked to the OR AG's office and there's Civil case law in Oregon that would permit the person who refuses entry to be personally sued, the organizers to be individually personally sued, the county to be sued, and any organizations involved, including sponsors. All you need is one person with a legit medical dog to be turned away... and they're all fucked.

Guess we wouldn't have to worry about parking passes next year. The fallout from this world shut it down. I CAN'T believe they'd be stupid enough to have this rule... a major lawsuit for this is in the media like once a month.

America, the most litigious country in the world... in the world. Lawyers won't allow people to get along.

• Like 2

How can it be $10 a day or $15 for two if you can walk in for $3 a day??????????? SMH

Seems to me that it's $3 to walk in and go watch the 'show' and $10 to enter your car.

Hey Mike, if you're going to be there for both days see if you can get the 2 for $5 pricing to trying a save a little more.  Just trying to help with keeping it frugal.

• Like 1

Hey Mike, if you're going to be there for both days see if you can get the 2 for $5 pricing to trying a save a little more.  Just trying to help with keeping it frugal.

Doesn't matter. Clackamas Co Fairgrounds says the event is outside their policy. They won't be associated with "hate groups" like DNW.

Why can't I get the stupid popcorn icon to work?

• Like 1

After two other threads about this I can say it's not about being frugal or I would just walk in for $5 for the two days. It's about paying more than you should have to. I sleep in my car on the way down for free but I want to camp at Canby.

I'm optimistic that the $10 for one, or $15 for two days, is only to enter your Datsun in the 'show' because 'walk in' is $3 for one or $5 for two. Camping as stated, is $25 a night. I would prefer to camp both nights in my wagon but won't be entering my Datsun, in the 'show'. So this, by my reckoning is $55, and I threw in the $5 for walk in entry for the two days, I'm good with that. Anything else... I'll sleep elsewhere and walk in for $5 and spend the $50 saved on Ted's parts. Thanks for the tip. :lol: It'll all work out. I now Ted's hoping it will..