INSMNCS: John Cain

The thing with mental blocking is you don't know it exist, in fact usually someone has to point it out to you. I've successfully block my Jr. College years.

how much does it cost to have people mentally removed from your hard drive?

paradime probably knows

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

He was talking aboot me. He was trying to at least. 

The context of actual events is immensely inaccurate.

Seriously Dude, what makes you think I was talking about you? 

What portion of the economy does the illegal population occupy? Not being snarky.

In my section of the limited world. Illegals mostly occupy farm hand, construction, and food service. 

Not that farming, construction, and food service are small segments of the economy, but add to that domestic help, factory work, janitorial, manual labor of most any kind, etc. It may not seem like much, but if we replace upwards of 14 million undocumented cheep laborers with legal fully paid and vested workers, it would dramatically raze the price of goods and services that support the whole economic structure. That's a first class ticket to inflation.  

• Like 1

What portion of the economy does the illegal population occupy? Not being snarky.

In my section of the limited world. Illegals mostly occupy farm hand, construction, and food service. 

Basically anything menial or hard work that entitled Americans refuse to do. 

Not that farming, construction, and food service are small segments of the economy, but add to that domestic help, factory work, janitorial, manual labor of most any kind, etc. It may not seem like much, but if we replace upwards of 14 million undocumented cheep laborers with legal fully paid and vested workers, it would dramatically raze the price of goods and services that support the whole economic structure. That's a first class ticket to inflation.

Respectfully, I disagree. My position would presume an increase in immigration once the process of legalization was relaxed. It would as well presume this increased labor pool was put to work. Those seem like safe presumptions to me. The result, as we have seen time and again, is increased exports. Increased export goods directly increases economic growth, as other countries money enters our economy. This economic growth is the primary driving force for the strengthening of any currency. Meaning deflation.

A minimum wage workers need for a cheap lunch is not going to effect the valuation of currency. It may affect the hot dog stand down the street, but he achieves that cost through cheaper goods, labor, and scale. Micro economic considerations. On the Macro scale, our country needs to sell hotdogs to Europe, Asia, and Africa to bring value to our dollar. And we achieve that through putting a labor pool to work manufacturing goods at a gain. We are so far from that, that basically every remnant of our manufacturing industry is subsidized to ensure some shit is still made here. We NEED to produce. And we need to make that affordable. So Paradime, I disagree. But since I do respect your intelligence, I would love to hear your side further if you'd like.

^^Disturbing

Yeah and the artist writes a background story for his pictures,,, which are somewhat disturbing in their own way.. For example the story behind the Bert and Ernie picture

Well here’s the story. I imagined Bert as a marinet who left his little brother behind for the Vietnam war. Over the years, Ernie started to turn into a junkie without his brother’s guidance, falling into the wrong crowd and dealing/using with the wrong people–thus making some very bad mistakes.

Until Bert returned, leaving one war, only to fight another for his brother.

and then

The-Cook-by_danluvisiart.jpg

COOK –

Once a famous baker, Cook unfortunately lost his teeth due to an abusive addiction to cookies. Disfigured and lost, Cook couldn’t fight the addiction and began mixing flour and other illegal substances as a quick hit.

Soon after he made product and began slanging on The Streets, bringing in customers from all over.

This was until The Bird found out, and soon would send out a hit on Cook’s head. A task that Bert and Ernie would have to take.”

• Like 1

Respectfully, I disagree. My position would presume an increase in immigration once the process of legalization was relaxed. It would as well presume this increased labor pool was put to work. Those seem like safe presumptions to me. The result, as we have seen time and again, is increased exports. Increased export goods directly increases economic growth, as other countries money enters our economy. This economic growth is the primary driving force for the strengthening of any currency. Meaning deflation.

A minimum wage workers need for a cheap lunch is not going to effect the valuation of currency. It may affect the hot dog stand down the street, but he achieves that cost through cheaper goods, labor, and scale. Micro economic considerations. On the Macro scale, our country needs to sell hotdogs to Europe, Asia, and Africa to bring value to our dollar. And we achieve that through putting a labor pool to work manufacturing goods at a gain. We are so far from that, that basically every remnant of our manufacturing industry is subsidized to ensure some shit is still made here. We NEED to produce. And we need to make that affordable. So Paradime, I disagree. But since I do respect your intelligence, I would love to hear your side further if you'd like.

Although it's tangential from the original topic, I agree with everything you said, except respecting my intelligence. Bad idea, trust me. The topic was, what would happen if we suddenly shipped all the illegal immigrants to Canada. This would drive the cost of goods and services sharply up. The idea of affordability starts with labor costs. I'm not arguing for or against legalization, only that our economy is dependent on this source of cheep labor like a drug addict needs his fix.

Although the value of the dollar against other currencies effects the cost of imported goods, it's not the same as inflation. When the value of the dollar is low abroad, we may not see any increase in inflation. A week dollar brings foreign money and investment into the US, and the price of US goods are cheeper fueling manufacturing and export. Inflation is when the value of a dollar doesn't buy as much at home. Inflation forces people to spend and borrow, because if they don't get what they need now, their money will be worth less in the future. This spike in spending drives prices up, and inflation can spiral out of control. Razing interest rates is painful, but it slows out of control inflation and brings stability back to the domestic value of the dollar. With the shape our economy is in now, razing interest rates would bring the house of cards down. Imagine in the 1970s when we had runaway inflation the prime interest rate was 13%, today it's close to zero.

Although it's tangential from the original topic, I agree with everything you said, except respecting my intelligence. Bad idea, trust me. The topic was, what would happen if we suddenly shipped all the illegal immigrants to Canada. This would drive the cost of goods and services sharply up. The idea of affordability starts with labor costs. I'm not arguing for or against legalization, only that our economy is dependent on this source of cheep labor like a drug addict needs his fix.

Although the value of the dollar against other currencies effects the cost of imported goods, it's not the same as inflation. When the value of the dollar is low abroad, we may not see any increase in inflation. A week dollar brings foreign money and investment into the US, and the price of US goods are cheeper fueling manufacturing and export. Inflation is when the value of a dollar doesn't buy as much at home. Inflation forces people to spend and borrow, because if they don't get what they need now, their money will be worth less in the future. This spike in spending drives prices up, and inflation can spiral out of control. Razing interest rates is painful, but it slows out of control inflation and brings stability back to the domestic value of the dollar. With the shape our economy is in now, razing interest rates would bring the house of cards down. Imagine in the 1970s when we had runaway inflation the prime interest rate was 13%, today it's close to zero.

Here is a demographic of the labor distribution. I picked this one because just about every census study showed much the same numbers and this site had the best layman visuals.

http://immigration.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000845

I disagree with both of you. Based on the positions held by ILLEGAL immigrants not "Immigrants" the GDP wouldn't be affected drastically and neither would the economic inflated structure be undermined. None of these labor positions affect the price we pay for our supplies for construction, food (investigate farm subsidies)(imported foods), Clothing (Made in China), or any other consumable goods. These are complimentary positions to already skilled labor. 

The so called economic impact is a straw-man. 11.5 system dependent votes is a great way to promote a legislative advantage for any corporation or political party (investigate Tony Blair immigration), but its all in the name of empathy for our fellow man who needs the USA to make a decent living............

Either way I want the current rate of unlawful immigration to be stemmed and a much more realistic pathway to being a US citizen put in place. Lax the economic requirement of a potential citizen, require proficiency in the country common language, and pay for entry.. These are general examples but not total encompassing. 

Stop looking at this through a humanitarian eye, and stop listening to MSNBC, CNN economics. Bad things tend to be more prevalent among under educated populace. We have tons of examples of this in our nation already, and adding more isn't a good option. 

My honest stance. Stop the flow, Fix the current policy, NO AMNESTY, and Pay to own a legal SS number. STOP USING MINE!! 

I have had my SS# used 2 times now by our friends from the south. 

• Like 3