• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm blocked by fc19 so no use in replying to that. I was genuine in thanking him for the fist post, it was helpful. But, shit went south all the same. Bummer.

I don't want to be the opinionated Dick of IMSMNC, but I realize I do sometimes loose the big picture when I dig in. This is what ADHD looks like for real folks. I have no qualms about taking political bickering with other members straight to PM when asked. That would at least eliminate the grandstanding I know I am so very guilty of. That being said, I'm not willing to keep my views quiet here. Others seem very welcomed to talk politics in the shared space of IMSMNC. There shouldn't be a double standard for one person's viewpoint vs. another, be it more popular, senior, or otherwise. That would be unMercan/Canadian.

• Like 1

I see your posts.   My eyes are better than yours.  :poke:

There is no double-standard about who should post about politics and who shouldn't. 

Easy answer: none of you should. Politics and fuckery don't mix too well. Ask G.W. Bush; He was horrible at both. 

Like most things on the internet, if you're not interested in the subject, don't click on the thread. 

But, the thread you're pasting in is the thread that should be far away from your subject. 

I am not interested in hearing any of your political views. But I can't avoid it when it's in the thread most others avoid. 

Does that make sense?

I don't want to know anyone's views about politics because I don't want to know there is an indifference between me and whomever speaks. 

And that should be the same across the board. 

Feel strongly about a viewpoint you want to discuss? Post a thread. If I want to know about your views on lesbian insemination-I'll click it. 

Otherwise, #GTFOH. We use this thread to avoid the non-normal, functioning members of this community. 

• Like 2

ya'll done titled the thread "political vomit"? ah'ight.

Donald Trump just told everyone Lindsey Graham’s cellphone number

Memo to those feuding with Donald Trump: Hide your phone numbers.

Trump, the real-estate mogul and reality-TV star who has shot to the top of some polls for the GOP presidential nomination, on Tuesday gave out the cellphone number of rival Republican candidate Lindsey Graham.

The reason? A feud between the two White House hopefuls that’s been kicked into a higher gear.

Speaking at a rally Tuesday in Graham’s home state of South Carolina, Trump began criticizing Graham, calling him a “lightweight” and an “idiot.” Trump hurled the insults after Graham on Monday called Trump a “jackass” and said Trump’s recent comments about Sen. John McCain not being a war hero were the beginning of the end of the billionaire’s candidacy.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/donald-trump-just-told-everyone-lindsey-grahams-cell-phone-number-2015-07-21

20140713_tyranny_0.jpg

So what defines a 'War Hero'? Is it anyone that has seen action? or is that a veteran? If it's a vet, then all who serve in a war or see action are heroes. Thus there are hundreds of thousands or millions of them and the word 'hero' becomes watered down. Isn't a 'War Hero' someone who performs an act of exemplary courage, a doer of brave and valiant deeds beyond the norm? 

Up until now I was going to say I might see what the Donald was getting at. That McCain was a victim of circumstance and merely a POW and not of his choosing. But as I write this, I see that he fits perfectly the definition I set forth. Can't be easy to fly into danger knowingly and be shot down by, and in, enemy territory. To survive this only to be captured and held hostage for years and abused. So fuck you Mr. Trump, who never ever even came close to being a vet let alone a hero. Fuck you.

• Like 1

I'm going to go

... answer a question if I can.

We have a white board in the lunch room at work. Friday I wrote a sort of up beat affirmation: 'You're Awesome!!' Yesterday, I wrote 'Laugh At Yourself Today' This morning I erased 'Yourself' and wrote in 'Someone'.

• Like 1