INSMNCS: John Cain

Body of woman reported missing in 1990 found in pond

NORTH FORT MYERS, FL -

A family finally knows what happened to their loved one 25 years ago.

Rita Sue Zul was reported missing on January 15, 1990. Zul left the restaurant she worked at driving her boyfriend's red Datsun, but never made it home.

On Monday, that car was pulled from the bottom of a pond near Bayshore Road and State Road 31.

- WATCH THIS STORY

The car was barely recognizable after years of being underwater. The Lee County Sheriff's Office spent three days working to confirm the connection between the car, the remains and the missing 1990 missing person case.

A man searching for another missing person's vehicle made the discovery.

"I used a fishing pole with a magnet. [it's] one way to locate any kind of metal objects in the pond," said Scott Dunlap of Cape Coral.

When Dunlap found one in the water, he sent his friend David McCauley down to check it out.

"His eyes were about as big as quarters. He came up and said it really is a car," said Dunlap.

8388549_G.jpg

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29619967/body-of-woman-reported-missing-in-1990-found-in-pond#.VbJAtWxRFjp

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chi hua hua was used in times of famine by the native Mexican Indians. Why the fuck not??? You see what the Japanese will eat???????

No offence here... food is food... customs are customs, and hunger.... is universal.

• Like 1

You and me both, gotta get my post nuclear apocalypse simulation in

Yeah, the hype is real. Game of the year confirmed, and it's not even out yet

NORTH FORT MYERS, FL -

Rita Sue Zul was reported missing on January 15, 1990. Zul left the restaurant she worked at driving her boyfriend's red Datsun, but never made it home.

Slap a Slayer sticker on and rock it.

• Like 1

NORTH FORT MYERS, FL -

On Monday, that car was pulled from the bottom of a pond near Bayshore Road and State Road 31.

- WATCH THIS STORY

The car was barely recognizable after years of being underwater. The Lee County Sheriff's Office spent three days working to confirm the connection between the car, the remains and the missing 1990 missing person case.

A man searching for another missing person's vehicle made the discovery.

"I used a fishing pole with a magnet. [it's] one way to locate any kind of metal objects in the pond," said Scott Dunlap of Cape Coral.

When Dunlap found one in the water, he sent his friend David McCauley down to check it out.

"His eyes were about as big as quarters. He came up and said it really is a car," said Dunlap.

8388549_G.jpg

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29619967/body-of-woman-reported-missing-in-1990-found-in-pond#.VbJAtWxRFjp

There was another story like this yesterday. Man missing for 43 years. Car pulled from North Carolina lake.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/amos-shook-missing-car-lake_55b16ad1e4b0224d8831a3e1

• Like 1

There was another story like this yesterday. Man missing for 43 years. Car pulled from North Carolina lake.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/amos-shook-missing-car-lake_55b16ad1e4b0224d8831a3e1

I saw that. He had been raising a daughter alone and people tried to tell her he had ran out on her but she refused to believe it. God love her - 43 years later she got vindication and peace.

So, a pre-production Cummins 2016 Titan came into work yesterday, taped up like the spy photos you see, interior base and not painted, pulled phone out "NO PICTURES", pretty cool though. They (Cummins guys, not Nissan) stopped to borrow some tools for a couple minutes, they had just done a twin turbo swap the night before to an updated design and were about to test it out by pulling a 17,000 lb trailer over Mt. Hood. Its supposedly only going to be rated at 12,000.

• Like 1

So here's why autocross is better than drag racing.  I can take Ugly Betty autocrossing without windows and be perfectly okay.  But I went to the drag strip tonight, and I failed tech because of no window net!  :D  How silly is that?  So I guess I'll be getting a window net to satisfy the safety official, who told me he felt safer with all the weight of full glass in his car that runs 9s or whatever.  I decided not to inform him of less weight=less mass, which means less stuff to kill you. :)  Oh well.

So here's why autocross is better than drag racing.  I can take Ugly Betty autocrossing without windows and be perfectly okay.  But I went to the drag strip tonight, and I failed tech because of no window net!   :D  How silly is that?  So I guess I'll be getting a window net to satisfy the safety official, who told me he felt safer with all the weight of full glass in his car that runs 9s or whatever.  I decided not to inform him of less weight=less mass, which means less stuff to kill you. :)  Oh well.

Drag racers aren't the brightest. 

True that MIke.  I suppose there is something to be said since you're potentially hitting triple digit speeds at the end of the quarter, but I still think it's a little silly.  He did make a good point of my race seat still utilizing the shoulder harness.  For road racing if the car ever makes it there, I'd definitely need a 5 point harness.  Might just put one in seeing as it's a good idea.  Then again, I just watched factory Audi's run 13s with factory seats and seat belts.  So really, what's the difference, other than a piece of glass in the way?

Shirley Muldowney seemed kinda smartish

Brainy? Successful people may seem brainy. Doesn't take brains to steer a fueler but she was  driven... pun intended. Had some driving skills and guts. .. and success. Played the sexy woman card. (I don't blame her)

I'll give her skills (and I had to go look her up) but seriously, what skill is drag racing when compared to formula one, rally racing, baja, karting, autocross.  I'm sorry, but drag racing is just that.  A straight line.  Granted there is a definite line with all the things that go into it, but fuck me running, people call a drag racer a good driver, I say put him on a road course and see how he does.  Any idiot can go straight.  A competent idiot can win in a straight line.  A decent driver can remain consistent in a straight line.  A really, really, talented driver....DOES SOMETHING OTHER THAN RACE IN A STRAIGHT LINE!!!!

22597F34-CD71-4549-8C60-F63924C2D93B.jpg

14A256B3-A9E7-477B-9BFA-E95335A74518.jpg

Drag racing takes skill in the shop. That's why it's a thing. We are getting this guy ready for the weekend races. And it's taken months of hard work. The driver can't fuck up, that's a high stress position, but maybe not super complex skill.

• Like 1