CANBY 2016 CANT WAIT

Ranman72

Or just say screw it and wait to go to Blue Lake instead of either of the other two

Because going to a few long hour show in the muggy heat, getting eaten by mosquitos while watching the same people win the raffle and awards every year is sooooo much better.. it's like taking Sunday afternoon at Canby and adding parasites and swamp nuts.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because going to a few long hour show in the muggy heat, getting eaten by mosquitos while watching the same people win the raffle and awards every year is sooooo much better.. it's like taking Sunday afternoon at Canby and adding parasites and swamp nuts.

Well I heard Blue Lake is more of a roadster show anyway.  Perhaps we should invade it with some ratty entrants?  ;)  I just might bring the horribly offensive Ugly Betty!

• Like 1

I was present at Canby a few years ago when Pumpkn Dave was told "... or YOU and YOUR CLUB won't be welcome back next year!". By "your club", they were referring to Ratsun. It was at that moment that I realized that those representing Ratsun were guests there. Nothing more. Completely dispensable. It didn't hurt my feelings or anything(made me laugh then and still does now), but definitely severed a connection and made me feel alienated from the guys on the other side of the fence.

• Like 6

Blue lake being a roadster show. I dont think so. Shasta lake is more roadster than this.  Heres some pics of 2013 show.

Hot and muggy, yes.  mosquitos?  dont remeber seeing them.   If more people would buy the raffle tickets, then you wouldnt have repeat winners

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/53814-blue-lake-show-2013/page-9

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/63621-blue-lake-pics/?hl=%2Bblue+%2Blake

• Like 1

I was present at Canby a few years ago when Pumpkn Dave was told "... or YOU and YOUR CLUB won't be welcome back next year!". By "your club", they were referring to Ratsun. It was at that moment that I realized that those representing Ratsun were guests there. Nothing more. Completely dispensable. It didn't hurt my feelings or anything(made me laugh then and still does now), but definitely severed a connection and made me feel alienated from the guys on the other side of the fence.

Was that the hood surfing and tall bike year? Remember that. Dave was just doing his job.... can't let the inmates run the asylum. Agreed the ticket entitles you to enter as guests. DNW doesn't want any property damage or broken by-laws at the fair grounds... who in turn are nice enough to have us all as guests. No venue would be totally without some rules.

Canby is safe and a known quantity. Fenced in and paid for. No one is going to say 'move on'. Well laid out and after a few visits very comfortable. It isn't a rowdy party time and I like that, but I don't mind some fun either.

So if Datslocos or Datslocos leaning members, or Al supporters, or anti-Canby, or just the dissatisfied with the whole Green Bastard/DNW thing want to celebrate with their own 'Canby' style event somewhere else then they should and I totally agree with them. Put it on and try the fit. Said the same to the founders of New World Datsuns and now we have an off shoot Datsun forum to satisfy a need. Variety of choice is the name of the game. Last thing that should happen is a number of 'Ratsun' members go to Canby all pissy and fuck it up for everyone else that does go for a good time. The place to complain about Canby is Rats with Dats. Go to whichever event, and show your support.  

• Like 7

Hi , I hope my friend and the OP of this this thread will forgive me for getting on my soap box for a minute . 

I understand and get those of you that are here to support Canby as an event . I just like most of you have adopted the Canby event as our

( Ratsun )own . Some of us have have done it for longer than others . I feel I've earned a right to say I have made my effort to support them .

But when has the feeling ever been mutual ? Last year ? it wasn't last year . I personally heard people looking at my truck and the Ratsun.net stickers say , " Sure is alot of these ratsun people here " as the person next to them say " yeah they keep trying to crash this event " .  

So when I hear people here defending a group that doesn't ever post here ,No build threads , and they have never posted an event thread here ever . Thats always been someone from the forum sharing that information . 

I say if you want to go to the fair grounds and get locked in at 8 o clock . be my guest . I probably have some datslocos members that will still go to canby . If they can actually find a way to work as a group  and put on an event . 

If you think I am doing this to boycott Canby you would be incorrect . I spent alot of time and alot of money supporting that event and the club that puts it on  . I am done doing that . I will be taking care of my club and our events first and foremost.  

We at Datslocos Oregon will be supporting Ratsun and Ratsun people . So the name of our event will stay as posted " Rat's with Dat's " 

I have never made it my practice  to bash anyone for their idea or effort to do anything datsun/ratsun related . Datslocos Oregon is going to keep holding events and fun runs and meetings , So if you dont want to attend or support those that support you thats your personal choice . 

Believe me when I say I value all of you and your opinions . But I have to do whats best for our ( Datslocos & Datslocos Oregon ) club. 

RATSUN RULES ! 

• Like 13

I Personally am all for adding another Datsun Event to the calendar!  having one that is even more RATSUN member friendly is even better, in my opinion.  having that Event put on by DATSLOCOS OREGON, the only club I am currently a member of sounds great too !  

The only thing I have any difficulty with is the date of the new event.

I have already fielded several messages, asking me to try to get the date of Canby changed, due to several people having schedule conflicts with that weekend.  Unfortunately, changing the date wasn't an option even before the new event was thought up.   the Canby fairgrounds is booked quite awhile in advance,{think YEARS IN ADVANCE ! ] & there are other groups that would LOVE to take that slot, if Datsuns NW were to let it go,even for one year.  there would be no going back.  not an option.

it's not up to me either way.

I have received messages asking me if changing the date of the new event was possible.  I do not know if it is possible, but I feel that would be the best possible solution for EVERYONE !    nobody would be made to feel like the missed an event, or that they were made to choose sides.   everyone wins! 

there has already been too much feuding between Datsun clubs in the community with those in the clubs that put on Canby vs the club that puts on Blue Lake, I would prefer not to have any new ones.

If the purpose of a car show is to see who can get the falling down drunkest, or worrying  about having someones ignorant  dog pissing on guys' fucking wheels they spent all morning cleaning/shining ,,,,,,,, have at it,,,,,,,,,  I'm too old for that shit.

Canby 2016,,  if you don't wanna go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, more parking for us..

It was the year someone ,,,,  lol ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, brought that moonshine,,, you have to admit,,  it had gotten a little rowdy, [ :rofl:]

Was that the hood surfing and tall bike year? Remember that. Dave was just doing his job.... can't let the inmates run the asylum. Agreed the ticket entitles you to enter as guests. DNW doesn't want any property damage or broken by-laws at the fair grounds... who in turn are nice enough to have us all as guests. No venue would be totally without some rules.

Canby is safe and a known quantity. Fenced in and paid for. No one is going to say 'move on'. Well laid out and after a few visits very comfortable. It isn't a rowdy party time and I like that, but I don't mind some fun either.

• Like 5

If the purpose of a car show is to see who can get the falling down drunkest, or worrying  about having someones ignorant  dog pissing on guys' fucking wheels they spent all morning cleaning/shining ,,,,,,,, have at it,,,,,,,,,  I'm too old for that shit.

Canby 2016,,  if you don't wanna go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, more parking for us..

It was the year someone ,,,,  lol ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, brought that moonshine,,, you have to admit,,  it had gotten a little rowdy, [ :rofl:]

Woah back up pissing on tire has already been done

Joeyandmanda.jpg

I think changing the date is like changing the classifieds ..... not gonna happen (even though 0.9% of people want it to change)

Haven't you heard, that was fixed a couple of years ago? One that will accommodate those 0.9% who...

4048477.jpg

http://www.nwdatsuns.com/index.php?sid=d3f7cb4e8d2576dd74222bac2d0b657b