CANBY 2016 CANT WAIT

Ranman72

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the year someone ,,,,  lol ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, brought that moonshine,,, you have to admit,,  it had gotten a little rowdy, [ :rofl:]

We sipped the forbidden nectar from the skull of translucence... the dance could not be bridled; no, not even by the gods.

• Like 1

The painter put them on backwards and leaves marks in the paint if you switch them back.. Not sure if I can fix that. The plan was to have it repainted because of some bubbling anyway. It has to sit like that for now... but it has a flat tire for company.

• Like 1

My turn on the soap box.  :(

Everyone needs to stand back and look at the big picture here, why would someone start a meet on the same days as the Canby event that has been going on for 10 years, ask yourselves why?

That his thread even exists is the biggest :poop: on Canby of all time, and posting this below to the Canby thread is not the same as them shitting in his thread?

He says that they are not really true Ratsun members because they have low post counts and have no build threads, and they themselves don't start a thread on Ratsun about the meet, well they don't need to start a thread about Canby, everyone knows when Canby is, and it's very doubtful that they(DNW) could beat all the members on here to starting that thread, this Canby 2016 thread was started April 18th, 2015, long before the 2015 Canby event even occurred.

The little story about Ratsun members crashing Canby is hilarious, Ratsun didn't even exist when Canby was started, so does this mean that we as a Datsun community are going to get to do this all over again on the Blue Lake meet/show, as the Ratsun members crash that one every year also, it has been around for 30 years.

The very fact that these folks ever put a meet/show together in the first place demands respect, so why do you gotta shit on them by picking their dates for your meet?

There are 50 other weekends this year, of which several are in the spring/summer/fall, so why the Canby dates?

I am going to Canby like I always do, go ahead and divide this community, make us all less.

Hi , I hope my friend and the OP of this this thread will forgive me for getting on my soap box for a minute . 

I understand and get those of you that are here to support Canby as an event . I just like most of you have adopted the Canby event as our

( Ratsun )own . Some of us have have done it for longer than others . I feel I've earned a right to say I have made my effort to support them .

But when has the feeling ever been mutual ? Last year ? it wasn't last year . I personally heard people looking at my truck and the Ratsun.net stickers say , " Sure is alot of these ratsun people here " as the person next to them say " yeah they keep trying to crash this event " .  

So when I hear people here defending a group that doesn't ever post here ,No build threads , and they have never posted an event thread here ever . Thats always been someone from the forum sharing that information . 

I say if you want to go to the fair grounds and get locked in at 8 o clock . be my guest . I probably have some datslocos members that will still go to canby . If they can actually find a way to work as a group  and put on an event . 

If you think I am doing this to boycott Canby you would be incorrect . I spent alot of time and alot of money supporting that event and the club that puts it on  . I am done doing that . I will be taking care of my club and our events first and foremost.  

We at Datslocos Oregon will be supporting Ratsun and Ratsun people . So the name of our event will stay as posted " Rat's with Dat's " 

I have never made it my practice  to bash anyone for their idea or effort to do anything datsun/ratsun related . Datslocos Oregon is going to keep holding events and fun runs and meetings , So if you dont want to attend or support those that support you thats your personal choice . 

Believe me when I say I value all of you and your opinions . But I have to do whats best for our ( Datslocos & Datslocos Oregon ) club. 

RATSUN RULES ! 

• Like 6

I think the overall thread about Canby is fine 

but some posts about it might leave one to wonder 

I am not happy with the date of the new show and I will also be attending Canby 

I just wish I didnt have to choose    

2 shows instead of choosing between them would have been great 

I started this thread early as there is always the big rush to start next years thread

so the date that it was started has no bearing on the new show that has been set for the same weekend as canby 

i am not sure i am reading this line correctly 

That his thread even exists is the biggest  :poop: on Canby of all time, and posting this below to the Canby thread is not the same as them shitting in his thread?

Wayno ,   I've admired you as a datsun guy long before canby , my admiration for you did not come from walking past one or many of your cars at canby or blue lake . It came from from the sharing and caring you did for the people right here on Ratsun . I get most people not understanding that, especially people that dont come to Ratsun . And just for the record , i did try to set for the other weekends in summer , this was my only option . And since deciding not to go to an event not planned , not posted , not organized . i would try and plan something closer , Im actually and wasn't actually thrilled to hear this was only choice, I actually got a bunch of people from my area and south and ask them what to do , they all said " do it "  . So here we are , I hope they can organize a show for you all . the west coast is a big place . But the Rat's with Dat's event is happening , and you will be missed , 

Q ,  I did not start this to divide , have you ever been to a show so of portland ? Shasta ?  Datslocos show and swapmeet that has went on for 10 years , 11 this year ?  I gonna say sorry for the last time about the dates , but they are already set and we re planning an epic show . i wish you were going to be here . But I don't hate you for not coming . 

• Like 2

Well said Wayno. Some people just don't get it.

Agreed. See you guys there this year.

Leave it to datslocos to try and divide the community.....

I think it's more of a feud between DNW and Al and Al supporters (Datslocos). Trouble is they, and I mean both, have come here to settle it. Green Bastard's and zdizeeze's slanderous posts here and Al/Datslocos's 'fuck NWD' event on the same weekend. The comments that DNW does not officially endorse GB's comments and the Al's 'couldn't find a better/different date' kind of cancel each other out. So we are left with Al vs. DNW/Canby. NOT DNW/Canby vs. Ratsun. 

It truly would have been better to have the Rats with Dats on a different date. Maybe next year? I guarantee more people will go if you do. The merits of both could have been compared. Now members are forced with having to choose a side. I think the majority would prefer to go to both. I would if I could.

So if Datslocos or Datslocos leaning members, or Al supporters, or anti-Canby, or just the dissatisfied with the whole Green Bastard/DNW thing want to celebrate with their own 'Canby' style event somewhere else then they should and I totally agree with them. Put it on and try the fit. Said the same to the founders of New World Datsuns and now we have an off shoot Datsun forum to satisfy a need. Variety of choice is the name of the game. Last thing that should happen is a number of 'Ratsun' members go to Canby all pissy and fuck it up for everyone else that does go for a good time. The place to complain about Canby is Rats with Dats. Go to whichever event, and show your support.

You're right,,,,,,,,,,, it was probably started by the schools accountant , trying to figure out where the fuck the money is,  so they could account for it ON THE FIRST OF THE YEAR..  Like it or not THAT is how it works,, and no ,,,, Al Bundy ,, i sent it to the wrong address malarkey will can change that.

NOTHING was said before Jan 1st ,,,,,, hell it was like only last week or something ,, and it is almost fucking February.

You're right,,,,,,,,,,, it was probably started by the schools accountant , trying to figure out where the fuck the money is,  so they could account for it ON THE FIRST OF THE YEAR..  Like it or not THAT is how it works,, and no ,,,, Al Bundy ,, i sent it to the wrong address malarkey will can change that.

NOTHING was said before Jan 1st ,,,,,, hell it was like only last week or something ,, and it is almost fucking February.

Banana ,  None of that is true , I've shared the facts and my situation . I sorry if thats not enough for you . 

I ve always been in contact with the school ,Did you know I am giving them a truck to build at their school ?

How could you , this is only been between myself and the school . 

Why is it that you & like 3 others would rather keep kicking me while already on the ground ? 

All I've ever done here is to try and share with ratsun people .  You are always such a nice guy in person . 

• Like 2

I just know how my families many businesses and farms are inventoried every year..    i kinda said i was sorry for calling you names above ,, but  my use of cuss words is not limited to the internet.

I am not commenting on the guy fucking with you last night,  in your "Rats N Dats" thread .. only this one and the truck one.

Worded weird but i'm to lazy to fix.

.(( edit: If Rats N Dats  was my thread i would have hit the report button last night)) 

• Like 2