CANBY 2016 CANT WAIT

Ranman72

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me. Al isn't doing anything wrong..

He doesn't feel welcomed at canby and thats that.

HE thought it would be a good idea to hold an event were everyone feels welcome..

Its another Datsun meet what the fuck is wrong with that?? Do you guys really think Al is just trying to be some 16 year old kid whos chosen to say Fuck canby in their little asses?? No I doubt that. I'm sure Al does still have a love for cannby. And doesn't necessarily want it to every go away..

You guys are thinking the WAY wrong way about this.

It's another Datsun Show!! Fuck off go to the one you wanna go to.

He's not doing anything you alll! Haven't said.

Start something like canby!

Ted heard you say it, bananahamuck heard you say it! And that's what he did... NOT IN Spite.

• Like 2

It's funny how people overlook the fact that this dispute wasn't started by Al nor Datslocos Oregon.....yet you want to paint that portrait.... :thumbup:

Christ on crutches. Does it really matter now? Let them work it out. Ratsun members can read. Just because some members are Datslocos or Al supporters doesn't meant the rest of us aren't sympathetic because we might choose to go to Canby. It's tragic that both are set for the same date is all. If the dates were different more would go to support both. I would... well if I was able to. Right now I get one shot a year. 

Kevin: yes nothing wrong with another event, I agree. No fucks for why. More choice is always good. Too bad it conflicts with Canby. Hopefully with advance notice a different date next year. Then I would have a hard time choosing.

• Like 1

Everyone getting pissy over a show having the same date on here kind of makes me laugh a bit.  Every year we have blue lake, The vancouver datsun group does there show on the same exact weekend.  DO we see me coming on here and pissing and moaning that they took our weekend?  Nope.  The 2nd sunday of august is the only date we ever get to do oru show at our venue.  Its what is reserved for us every year because there are weekends the week before and after.  Its the same thing for Byron with the Canada show for their venue.  We have tried to work out them doing their show on a different weekend, but they are locked down with what is open with their venue.  YES it sucks, and it divides some of the cars that used to come down for blue lake, now just go to their local show,  and people that came from down here up to there, stick with our show.   Sometimes you have to deal wit the hands that are dealt to you for when to have your show.  The people crying over the dates need to get over it.  Attend one one year, and another another year.   Tired of seeing the arguing over the dates.  I plan on going to  both shows,  down to the swapmeet, and canby for show day to show my support to BOTH groups.  Because i believe in supporting all our datsun groups. 

• Like 7

I made my comment, you don't like it.....too fucking bad :thumbup:

I don't, 'don't like it'. You're just pissing in someone else's post about Canby. I find being positive gets better results... so be supportive of your choice... there's a post for that. Again, too bad the dates conflict as this tends towards an 'Us or Them' choice where most would rather go to both. It's a large annual Datsun car show, where I get to see people once a year, hang out with other owners, peruse parts and camp out.... I really don't care who puts it on that much.   

• Like 2

Not much so,  there is alot of people that used to come to our show from vancouver, as well as the people in northern washington and seattle area, that end up choosing between our shows.  We have some one year come to ours, adn the next year Vancouver bc.   Yes mayb e a country and state line apart, but its 2 huge shows on the same day.  Imagine back in the day if we did our show the same weekend as shasta did theres,  its the same distance from here to shasta, as here to bc. 

So with this it will end up being, people north of canby will end up going towards canby,  people that usually come from cali will most likely go to eugene.  

• Like 1

It truly would have been better to have the Rats with Dats on a different date. Maybe next year? I guarantee more people will go if you do. The merits of both could have been compared. Now members are forced with having to choose a side. I think the majority would prefer to go to both. I would if I could.

Why can't you go to both? You could go down to the show in Eugene on Friday, hang out for a while on Saturday, and go to Canby either Saturday afternoon or real early on Sunday. No reason to not do both

• Like 2

I don't, 'don't like it'. You're just pissing in someone else's post about Canby. I find being positive gets better results... so be supportive of your choice... there's a post for that. Again, too bad the dates conflict as this tends towards an 'Us or Them' choice where most would rather go to both. It's a large annual Datsun car show, where I get to see people once a year, hang out with other owners, peruse parts and camp out.... I really don't care who puts it on that much.

So you're saying that I shouldn't post here.....well....ban me....I'm not pissing on Canby, I like it and if it was setup in different weekends I would attend both just to mingle with fellow Datsun people, I could care less about DNW, who I piss on, but I do care about Ratsunites and despite our differences I would still walk up to you and shake your hand, even if you ban me for being a complete asshole, because in the end all this passion, pissing, love and hate....we ALL love datsuns and THAT is what unites us all.

:thumbup:

So you're saying that I shouldn't post here.....well....ban me....I'm not pissing on Canby, I like it and if it was setup in different weekends I would attend both just to mingle with fellow Datsun people, I could care less about DNW, who I piss on, but I do care about Ratsunites and despite our differences I would still walk up to you and shake your hand, even if you ban me for being a complete asshole, because in the end all this passion, pissing, love and hate....we ALL love datsuns and THAT is what unites us all.

:thumbup:

Then there's no problem.

• Like 1

Why can't you go to both? You could go down to the show in Eugene on Friday, hang out for a while on Saturday, and go to Canby either Saturday afternoon or real early on Sunday. No reason to not do both

A very good point Rick. One worth considering as it's $0 to walk in and only $5 for your car for the day. (did I read that right?) Nice two hour drive down to Eugene Sat afternoon, never been much south of Salem anyway. Maybe stay the night and catch the Canby show Sunday. Thanks. 

• Like 2

Um, well its quite a bit under the knife...

Turbo motor swap (and everything involved with that), Rear brake swap, rear suspension change, completely new front suspension and steering... um its basically just going to be a shell of a 510 wagon.

Turbo motor swap (and everything involved with that), Rear brake swap, rear suspension change, completely new front suspension and steering... um its basically just going to be a shell of a 510 wagon.

get on it you still have time 

now is about the time people start posting their builds for canby 

• Like 1

I still have lots of upgrade work to be done on mine....getting my dogleg rebuilt so I can do the swap has priority, I still need to bring the rest of my stuff from the storage....all mainly is datto parts and tool boxes, cherry picker and engine stand...plus my other L20b that's going to end up being a stroker sometime this year....don't have a home for it yet....looking hard at a 620KC or a 510 goon.....Damn I'm getting ahead of myself now.....gotta do my dogleg swap first!!

A very good point Rick. One worth considering as it's $0 to walk in and only $5 for your car for the day. (did I read that right?) Nice two hour drive down to Eugene Sat afternoon, never been much south of Salem anyway. Maybe stay the night and catch the Canby show Sunday. Thanks.

I don't know if you already looked it this but, yes you did read that right. At Rat's With Dat's, for day entry at there is no charge to walk in and $5 to drive your Datsun in. And you can come source parts too

Edit: not trying to thread jack and plug, just responding with info

• Like 1

Don't bite off more than you can chew. One upgrade at a time and you can still drive your car a fair amount while you work on it. I learned this the hard way.. miss driving my 510.. one day.

• Like 4

Don't bite off more than you can chew. One upgrade at a time and you can still drive your car a fair amount while you work on it. I learned this the hard way.. miss driving my 510.. one day.

Oops to late. The only thing I haven't touched is the rear suspension, but that I'd probably the easiest of it all...

• Like 1