CANBY 2016 CANT WAIT

Ranman72

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wood stoves are only partially because of the carbon footprint.  The big thing is burning your house down because morons don't know how to operate a wood stove.  Lots of houses have burned down due to unattended wood stoves, leaving the stove door open, etc.  Sparks igniting the carpet when loading wood.  Which is why you should have a cement or brick patio around your wood stove.  It's common sense, but that left us long ago.

• Like 1

Carbon foot print buddy, that's what it's all about.

You're not allowed to have wood stoves in some places because of the carbon footprint? That seems backwards...

Natural gas as a heat source burns "cleaner" allegedly

Wood is a renewable resource. You burn it, the carbon dioxide is used by trees to grow more wood and you burn it again. Your net amount of carbon dioxide added to the atmosphere is ZERO. Recycling carbon.

If you use oil or natural gas you are taking it out of the ground and adding to the atmosphere. It doesn't magically get back into the ground. Only way to not do this is wood, solar (yeah that will work) hydro, nuclear, wind, thermal.

• Like 2

Wood stoves are only partially because of the carbon footprint. The big thing is burning your house down because morons don't know how to operate a wood stove. Lots of houses have burned down due to unattended wood stoves, leaving the stove door open, etc. Sparks igniting the carpet when loading wood. Which is why you should have a cement or brick patio around your wood stove. It's common sense, but that left us long ago.

That's just because people are retarded. I grew up in a house that was primarily heard by a wood stove. It was my job to stock the fire before I went to school and rebuild it after school. In grade school. Even a child can build a fire. Well a nonidiotic one

And I think the creosol buildup in the chimeny is the biggest danger with prolonged use of a wood stove

• Like 1

^That's badass!  I'll bet we could build something like that at Canby.  Perhaps that should be the challenge this year?  Smuggle in a big tub.  Build a pulse-jet heater at Canby out of spare Datsun parts, hook said pulse jet to copper tubes, circulate water with a drill pump, BOOM!!  Hot tub for many!!  :D

• Like 1

You know, I'll have the 280zx shell.  It would tow pretty well.  I'll bet I could pour fiberglass that interior to make a hot tub.  Run the heater in the front.  Hmmmmm.  Just cut off the roof and hatch?

• Like 1

Canby related please.

Re-applied my holiday notice at work to the top of the white board. In RED.  Mike Sr. holidays 2nd week June >>>>>> on.

How long of a vacation are you taking this year? Where you going after the show?

^That's badass!  I'll bet we could build something like that at Canby.  Perhaps that should be the challenge this year?  Smuggle in a big tub.  Build a pulse-jet heater at Canby out of spare Datsun parts, hook said pulse jet to copper tubes, circulate water with a drill pump, BOOM!!  Hot tub for many!!   :D

There is not a single one of you I want to share a tub with. 

• Like 2
Guest Mojo510

Hey Datsun guys and gals the 11th annual Datsun Canby show IS still happening the second weekend in June, the 10, 11 and 12th. We are having a datsunNW meeting this Wednesday, January, 20th at 7 at Wilsonville Nissan, we will be discussing Canby events and future meeting location. So if you wanna share your idea's or help out this is your opportunity.

Steve Pepka

DNW president

Hey Datsun guys and gals the 11th annual Datsun Canby show IS still happening the second weekend in June, the 10, 11 and 12th. We are having a datsunNW meeting this Wednesday, January, 20th at 7 at Wilsonville Nissan, we will be discussing Canby events and future meeting location. So if you wanna share your idea's or help out this is your opportunity.

Steve Pepka

DNW president

I love that your second post in here id Canby related 

your first might be as well 

looking forward to this years Canby it is always a great time 

on a non related topic it would be nice if the government would shove their nosy minds up their fat asses 

wood is our most renewable resource and wood burning stoves are one of the most effective heat sources 

• Like 1

Steve Pepka

DNW president

Hi Steve and welcome to Ratsun, first and foremost congratulations on becoming the president of DNW!, I heard good things about you and I'm looking forward to seeing it play out, your dime is beautiful and I can't wait to see it in person and meeting you :thumbup:

One issue that strikes me is the meeting date and time of DNW, most people agree it is difficult to attend to, me in particular have 0% chance of ever attending one and it's the only reason as to why I haven't become a member yet.....any chance it can be made into a day and time of the week where it can give others like myself to be able to part take on said meetings?

Thank you, Sir.

Diego.

Steve Pepka

DNW president

Welcome aboard, Steve.