SWDP saves a 320...

Ok stay tuned guys. Spoke with Guy last night & were planing another 3 day marathon 320 session sometime in November & maybe another in December. Next in line is to get the motor cleaned & painted, body work & then finish painting the frame. We've both been swamped w/ other projects lately but in the back of my mind & hopefully Guy's...I'd like to see it @ JCCS 2010 completed.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Another good work day on the 320. Got the frame painted w/ semi gloss....

fyolev.jpg

forklift time...

2ykm0kh.jpg

hu20xy.jpg

14lm0z9.jpg

bed ready to be block sanded...

2aam26w.jpg

cab on a rolling rack & of the lift...

vobukx.jpg

bg9ysw.jpg

more of Guy's clean metal work.........

2mzzert.jpg

rocker ready for body filler...

iym169.jpg

t6tjrb.jpg

v8d5df.jpg

2v0j47q.jpg

1 more frame shot....

fenvbs.jpg

We have a few more rust repair spots to deal with next time..enjoy guys.

I finally got to see this rig frist hand. It is so cool... The work guy does is absolutely amazing. He is also one of the most gracious guys I have ever met. He even let me use his bead blaster on an old valve cover I have to see what it would look like! Anyway the truck is coming along nicely...

• 11 months later...

Wow long time & no updates. I will add that Guy has been working on the rockers & a few other spots where the metal was cut out & replaced since i was there last. Our next 3 day marathon if all goes well will be this month..the 26th 27th & the 28th. Our plan is..........

sandblast primer & paint the bottom of the cab..

sandblast the engine bay & primer...

de-grease the engine & prep for paint...

remove windshield for A pillar rust repairs...

finish the metalwork [rockers & kick panel sections...

pix will be taken & not much sleep will be had but it's worth it :rolleyes:

P1010026.jpg

This is coming along nicely. What a great place to work on your 320. Where is this shop and who belongs to it. If only I had that much tools, equipment & room maybe I could get organized & find things when I needed. Nah I would still have to dig through every box & bucket of parts to find what I am looking for. LOL

Great project guys keep up the good work.

Have you identified what tires you are going to use? After we finish restoring the wheels (trying to find the correct color matched silver finish), I need to decide which a white wall or black wall to mount.

Your project looks great!

Keith

Dang. I forgot all about this little truck. Lookin good guys. I might have to take a ride out there when you guys get busy again.

I'll bring some energy drinks. I have a friend that blends his own. Kick ass stuff.

Ted- the vehicle you asked about is a Cony

Zed- the tires on the rims now are 175-70-14's & are in new shape

Steve- i like that pic too. Organized so parts arent all over the place

John- deffinately stop buy & prepare to get your hands dirty :D &. :thumbup: on the energy drinks. I prefer Amp green please !

• 3 weeks later...

Ok its deffinately a GO! Ill be up helping Guy work on our 320 the day after Xmas & the 2 days after that. :D Big plans this time & if any So cal guys who want to stop by & check it out call or text me. Many pix will be taken......... :cool:

Ok another 3 day 320 marathon is complete. Guy & myself put in 14 hour days & made huge progress. 1st we [carefully] removed everything from the cab & engine bay except the back window. Next the underside & front clip was sandblasted, primered then undercoated. All of the small parts were blasted in the cabinet & are now ready for primer. We then did some bodywork on the bed, lower valance & core support. Ill let the pix do the talking now...

148hdmw.jpg

156ed1i.jpg

ofofuq.jpg

2lm6mgh.jpg

30cysgm.jpg

xfycds.jpg

259wi9u.jpg

14jpaj8.jpg

2j2j9ud.jpg

2isz0cp.jpg

2ch9x51.jpg

this covers day 1 :thumbup: