SWDP saves a 320...

Ok earlier today with the help of Guy gray together we bought a 64 L 320 off a friend of mine. I had passed on buying it back in 05 due to the fact my yard was full :cool: & just did'nt want it to just sit so i told my friend about it & he picked it up. We detailed it..got it running & cruised it around a few times & then it was parked & had been sitting for a long time. About 1 week ago he offered it to us for a price we could'nt pass up & we decided to buy it. Heres some info on it.........

Good: runs, no big dents or dings, original interior-rims-stereo, has original manual & delivery slip.

Bad/rough: fenders have rust, needs correct front bumper & bumperettes, needs clutch slave, headliner is damaged.

Honestly we probably wont start working on it till next year & that gives us time to decide what direction to take on it. Id kinda like to do a mild resto & call it good :D Heres a few pics...

9-21320.jpg

9-21320rear.jpg

9-21320motor.jpg

9-21320int.jpg

9-21320intrailer.jpg

shift patern w/ instructions on inside of glove box [collum shifter]

9-21320shiftpatterndecal.jpg

delaer decal...

9-21320dealerdecal.jpg

extra goodies...

9-21320emblems.jpg

a how rare is this??? an accessory checklist!!! Im guessing this was looked over & signed right before they went on the boat. Ill get a better pic later...this was inside the manual!

9-21320delslip.jpg

Overall were glad this 320 was saved from the JY..:D

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great find. its cool to see more and more of these gettin back on the roads. some of the paperwork you got with it looks pretty cool. if all goes well, we are moving my NL down to the shop next weekend to start the teardown on it, so then hopefully therll be another new one on the road inthe spring.:D

great find..by the way myself and my cousin fit a 74 vw van in a uhaul 24ft truck in 1976, he went from sumter south carolina to san pedro ca, with furniture packed around it, and had no problems, just for info to all...:D

Guy borrowed an enclose dtrailer & we rolled it right in. Ill for sure scan the checklist & then make a copy of it then laminate the original. And yess we have both blue/yellow plates & they're stayin put! A big TY to Guy [Fontana 620] for making the long drive down here :thumbup:

Guy borrowed an enclose dtrailer & we rolled it right in. Ill for sure scan the checklist & then make a copy of it then laminate the original. And yess we have both blue/yellow plates & they're stayin put! A big TY to Guy [Fontana 620] for making the long drive down here :thumbup:

Mark,

don't laminate the original... Keep it secure somewhere. It will devalue it.

I almost picked this up a few months ago myself. You got this from Gary right?

He gave me a good price also but it would have been around a 6 hour trip one way for me. And i already have 2 now. I can't believe he was cosidering junking it. I also wondered why you didn't pick it up sooner , with him being so close to you. How's the driver side pillar? Looked rusted through in the pic he sent me. It's a 65 right?

Jefe- yeah got it from Gary...known him for years. I/we didnt get it sooner due to lack of funds ;) & when he hit me with a "new" price we jumped on it. Yes the A pillar has a bad rust area thatll have to be cut out/repaired along with the bottom of the fenders. Those i can form patch panels for myself. The title says it's a 65 but the ID plate says 64. Also has front lights seen on other 64's & also the spare tire rack is different from the one on my 65. Hey...you can never have to many Datsun's...save everything!!!

• 2 months later...
Ok been talking with Guy & we have the dates set now. Dec. 2 3 & the 4th I'll be going up to help Guy work on the 320. We have a gameplan & are up for long days of productive progress. Ill be takin lots of pix for you guys.

Man, December 2, 3 and 4th is almost a year away! Hope it starts before then!