SWDP saves a 320...

Thanks guy's,

It's fun working on this truck. If we can't find parts, we have to make them our selfs. (does any body have parts for sell, for a 64 L320?) All of us on here love datsuns and do not want to see them go bye bye. So we're trying our best to make this truck solid and not half ass. It will be nice to see this 320 back on the road again for many years to come. As (STEROID) would say, SAVE EVERYTHING.Thanks, Guy.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guy's,

It's fun working on this truck. If we can't find parts, we have to make them our selfs. (does any body have parts for sell, for a 64 L320?) All of us on here love datsuns and do not want to see them go bye bye. So we're trying our best to make this truck solid and not half ass. It will be nice to see this 320 back on the road again for many years to come. As (STEROID) would say, SAVE EVERYTHING.Thanks, Guy.

what parts are you looking for?

Ok myself & Guy worked on the 320 all day Sat. & got alot done. Went ahead & pulled the cab engine & tranny & set them aside. Then proceeded to sandblast the front half of the frame. Took awhile because of the caked on grease around the drums & kingpins. I gotta say having a forklift makes these steps much easier:D Ok a few pics...

P1010002-1.jpg

P1010003-1.jpg

P1010005-1.jpg

P1010006-1.jpg

P1010006-1.jpg

the engine getting hoisted...6 bolts & shes free :D

P1010011.jpg

P1010013.jpg

then wheel'd the frame back in to repair the bumper mounts. They were both bent & had broken welds...

P1010008.jpg

ready to blast....

P1010014.jpg

P1010015.jpg

& a few more...

P1010004-1.jpg

you can see the bent bumper mounts...

P1010007.jpg

greasy motor w/ a few shiny parts :D

P1010020.jpg

Guy blasting..

P1010021.jpg

P1010017.jpg

original shocks...JDM :cool:

P1010018.jpg

P1010019.jpg

found this...the Datsun logo on the kingpin !

P1010025.jpg

P1010024.jpg

3 pallets of parts...

P1010026.jpg

Yesterday Guy went back to primer the frame & may have new pics to post later on.

This is my fav. pic so far :D

framechainedup.jpg

I also would like you guys to know what parts we still need / are looking for. Rear bumperettes w/ brackets, wing window rubbers & window squeegees.

i've got the rear 320 bumperettes with brakets but won't be able to do anything untill after igetmoved in to the new place. should be a week or two.

• 4 weeks later...
Awesome work!! Very inspiring!!! :)

Can I ask what you have your MIG settings at? What size wire?

Mike. Thanks, I'll get photos of the welder settings and wire today and post them. Guy.