2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it so important we discuss this off the board??  

And about people not being "upset" about you asking if ratsndats sucked attendance from Canby,,, let me put it this way if your kid craps his pants and you take them into a store,,, just because no-one acts offended,,, doesn't mean it don't smell like shit.

• Like 4

I thought the Canby attendance was very slightly less, perhaps condensed would be better. Certainly wasn't crickets. I've been going for 6 years now and seemed generally, very well attended. Lots of cars and lots of 'stuff' for sale. (my favorite) I was there for Fri afternoon through Sunday around noon when I hit the road heading east. Missed the Rats n Dats arrival. They missed the better part of a great event doing their own thing following the Pied Piper. If Al's intent was to lower attendance Saturday it wasn't clear cut, that's for sure.    

• Like 1

Hmm... I didn't provide the ingredients for the pot and wasn't me who put it on the stove. That was Al. If it's stired it at all it's because it tends toward sticking to the bottom and burning. It's ok to let simmer if the heat is watched.

• Like 2

I think this is hilarious myself, but I do miss him coming on here complaining about everyone picking on him and ruining his thread with lies and such.

With AL any issues need to be taken care of privately and not on the forums where everyone will know what is going on, that's what makes all this so funny, it's been drug out slowly over such a long period of time that maybe people will lose interest so that he can get back to business as usual someday.

I have always wondered about the money donated to his Paypal account for the Canby truck, how much, and what was it used for, I have assumed that most of the parts were donated, I wonder if some of that money helped put on the "Rats with Dats" meet, wouldn't that be something, Canby truck money funding the "Rats with Dats" meet. 

This thing has been simmering for a very long time, mostly because of damage control efforts, I expect that no one will fully know what has happened here except AL.

• Like 4

I think this is hilarious myself, but I do miss him coming on here complaining about everyone picking on him and ruining his thread with lies and such.

With AL any issues need to be taken care of privately and not on the forums where everyone will know what is going on, that's what makes all this so funny, it's been drug out slowly over such a long period of time that maybe people will lose interest so that he can get back to business as usual someday.

I have always wondered about the money donated to his Paypal account for the Canby truck, how much, and what was it used for, I have assumed that most of the parts were donated, I wonder if some of that money helped put on the "Rats with Dats" meet, wouldn't that be something, Canby truck money funding the "Rats with Dats" meet. 

This thing has been simmering for a very long time, mostly because of damage control efforts, I expect that no one will fully know what has happened here except AL.

You're right wayno. Charismatic people tend to rely on their ability to 'fast talk' their way out of or around situations and can be both charming and convincing, but to carry this off it's much easier when the target is separated from the herd and at a disadvantage. Phones are great as there is little time for thought and reaction and no one else knows what was said.

The $4,000 profit from flipping the Canby Truck would be enough. Actually didn't the Rats with Dats goers have to pay for camping space and such? Wasn't that all covered by entrance fees?

I imagine there are lots of donators that trusted that the money went to the truck and now just want the embarrassment to go away. There was no accounting, no oversight I am aware of, just trust. 

Nov 8th 2014 denmarkboy ask me by p/m if we would put the Ratsun name alongside Datslocos on a donated truck to be built from donations and raffled off at the 2015 Canby. Proceeds were to originally to go to DNW, but this was early on and nothing was finalized.

I discussed it with other mods and expressed my concerns. I drafted a message and sent it back the next day. I don't believe I am betraying any confidences hear by repeating it.  It was lengthy but in part it said....

"The build thread will be here at Ratsun

I think right from the start that it should be clear that the Ratsun forum and community has no involvement other than voluntary member time and donated parts for this project and a place for the build thread. This is an ambitious project that is do able, I wish you the best luck for the outcome, but I don't want a bunch of pissed off people blaming Ratsun about any outcome we and have no control over. This would be your donation, and datslocos build with some Ratsun donations.This is not a Ratsun project." 

• Like 2

I do...

.... seems kind of politician. :lol:

I did say that it wasn't trash talk as all car clubs are like that. To non members a car club can appear bold and prideful and say and do things as a pack that an individual won't. Knowing that is the first step in understanding where it's coming from.

I hear lots of things on Ratsun, lots of opinions not posted. Only thing I ever heard about datslocos is that they think they invented the first Datsun car club. I don't think this is trash, as all car clubs think this way and why I will never join a 'club'. To be clear I'm indifferent towards datslocos. I simply don't do clubs. For those that do.... more power to ya.