• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot has to do with automation and basic economics. Here in silicon valley there were tons on manufacturing jobs in the 70s and witness it dwindle down. Foxconn a Chinese manufacturer can do it cheaper at about $14 a day vs $14 an hour. Btw, they assemble Apple products. People may complain about the greed of corporations, like Apple, but how much would an IPhone cost if it was manufactured here?

• Like 3

A lot has to do with automation and basic economics. Here in silicon valley there were tons on manufacturing jobs in the 70s and witness it dwindle down. Foxconn a Chinese manufacturer can do it cheaper at about $14 a day vs $14 an hour. Btw, they assemble Apple products. People may complain about the greed of corporations, like Apple, but how much would an IPhone cost if it was manufactured here?

I was interviewed by the Secretary of state office here in Oregon and asked if I ever envisioned employing anyone from my home based business. I laughed at the rep, and stated I wouldn't ever invest in employees because of the astronomical cost levied by the state. I told the Rep that I would be investing in robot tech in order to expand, and only employ friends-family members I trust to help. 

That is where good paying jobs are going. Away just away. Automation is the death of all human production employees. 

Apple has started on a production facility in the states to produce iphones BTW. Doesnt cost as much as you think when the .gov gives you sweetheart tax deals.

• Like 6

But he knows business and called out the bullshit we've seen on both sides forever

para and dhp both ask us to accept that the establishment (left and right) are corrupt.

okay. we can agree to that.

both sides of the establishment are howling mad at Trump.

okay. that means Trump is an outsider.

para and dhp then open up a third line of discussion:

"well, yeah that's true but while the repugs and dims suck big green donkey weenies Trump is way worse than those two put together! here, read this article from a shitlib/indy version of Parade magazine that literally no one has ever heard of and you'll understand. Also, forget how those high paid UAW workers let American car quality plop into the crapper in the 1970s leading to massive sales of Japanese cars in the US which is why we're a forum dedicated primarily to 1970s Datsuns and not Chevettes or Pintos." Literally ignore the cars in our driveways that were often purchased to spite the shitboxes the Big Three were slapping together in the age of stagflation and oil shortages.

• Like 3

para and dhp both ask us to accept that the establishment (left and right) are corrupt.

okay. we can agree to that.

both sides of the establishment are howling mad at Trump.

okay. that means Trump is an outsider.

para and dhp then open up a third line of discussion:

"well, yeah that's true but while the repugs and dims suck big green donkey weenies Trump is way worse than those two put together! here, read this article from a shitlib/indy version of Parade magazine that literally no one has ever heard of and you'll understand. Also, forget how those high paid UAW workers let American car quality plop into the crapper in the 1970s leading to massive sales of Japanese cars in the US which is why we're a forum dedicated to Datsuns and not Chevettes or Pintos." Literally ignore the cars in our driveways that were often purchased to spite the shitboxes the Big Three were slapping together in the age of stagflation and oil shortages.

...yep, I still remember people laughing at Japanese cars in the 70s, needless to say, they have overtaken the big 3 for quality.
  • Like 4

I was interviewed by the Secretary of state office here in Oregon and asked if I ever envisioned employing anyone from my home based business. I laughed at the rep, and stated I wouldn't ever invest in employees because of the astronomical cost levied by the state. I told the Rep that I would be investing in robot tech in order to expand, and only employ friends-family members I trust to help.

That is where good paying jobs are going. Away just away. Automation is the death of all human production employees.

Apple has started on a production facility in the states to produce iphones BTW. Doesnt cost as much as you think when the .gov gives you sweetheart tax deals.

I think that's a PR stunt by Apple cuz they been getting a lot of bad reputation about foxconn, basically slave labor. Now if I see that lets say 50 % of Apple products will be produced in the good ole USA, then maybe Apple has changed its production. Keep in mind its about profits, keeping people addicted to Apple products and once in awhile coming up with some smoke and mirrors to keep the critiques at bay is their norm.

I think that's a PR stunt by Apple cuz they been getting a lot of bad reputation about foxconn, basically slave labor. Now if I see that lets say 50 % of Apple products will be produced in the good ole USA, then maybe Apple has changed its production. Keep in mind its about profits, keeping people addicted to Apple products and once in awhile coming up with some smoke and mirrors to keep the critiques at bay is their norm.

as anything. Time will tell, but we wont know for a couple years.

• Like 1

para and dhp both ask us to accept that the establishment (left and right) are corrupt.okay. we can agree to that.both sides of the establishment are howling mad at Trump.okay. that means Trump is an outsider.para and dhp then open up a third line of discussion:"well, yeah that's true but while the repugs and dims suck big green donkey weenies Trump is way worse than those two put together! here, read this article from a shitlib/indy version of Parade magazine that literally no one has ever heard of and you'll understand. Also, forget how those high paid UAW workers let American car quality plop into the crapper in the 1970s leading to massive sales of Japanese cars in the US which is why we're a forum dedicated primarily to 1970s Datsuns and not Chevettes or Pintos." Literally ignore the cars in our driveways that were often purchased to spite the shitboxes the Big Three were slapping together in the age of stagflation and oil shortages.

That's the hypocrisy I often point out, then para tells me to go fuck myself :rofl:

• Like 3

Does that mean that they'll employ illegals - er,"Undocumented" workers? 

• Like 1

The video deliberately doesn't go into the fact that the Administration is trying to force Congress to finally sort the issue out constitutionally, and that this will not be the end of it at 6 months from now. 

Congress is the one constitutionally responsible for this mess. It needs to be sorted out. 

• Like 3

...yep, I still remember people laughing at Japanese cars in the 70s, needless to say, they have overtaken the big 3 for quality.

That's funny.My ex father in law always gave me shit for driving his daughter (now ex wife) around in my 510.He always called it "Jap crap"  That was in 1980.

• Like 2

That's funny.My ex father in law always gave me shit for driving his daughter (now ex wife) around in my 510.He always called it "Jap crap" That was in 1980.

..yep, we got too comfortable while they inch their way to better cars.
  • Like 1

Korean war saved nissan...?? Jeep type vehicles. #Patrol

In my opinion [not humble] the best Japanese "Jeep Type" vehicle was the Mitsubishi "war reparations" jeep type given out to SEATO nations.  It clearly resembled Jeep vehicles but was metric as befitted oriental receptor nations and had a Mitsubishi engine.  I raced one up a mountain on Cheju-do against a standard US Army "real" Jeep.  I won!   The South Korean armed forces would mount a US Duce and a Half [six by as another name] heater on the right fender and turn it up full blast!  Made for some over heated journeys into the then off-limits Yong Dong Po area of Seoul as full guests of the ROK armed forces.  But then I diverge from the "pure" automotive tenor of this most sacred site!

• Like 3

The blame tour is still full steam ahead,.........the new target Bernie Sanders

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-dismisses-hillary-clintons-comments-blaming-him-for-her-election-loss_us_59b052d8e4b0b5e531035c12

"Bernie Sanders Dismisses Hillary Clinton’s Comments Blaming Him For Her Election Loss"

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/09/is_hillary_clinton_wrong_to_bl.html

"Is Hillary Clinton wrong to blame Bernie Sanders for her loss?"

Use to think 0bama was the worst and not taking credit for all of his failures,....Hildabeast is making him look like and a rookie.

• Like 1

The blame tour is still full steam ahead,.........the new target Bernie Sanders

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-dismisses-hillary-clintons-comments-blaming-him-for-her-election-loss_us_59b052d8e4b0b5e531035c12

"Bernie Sanders Dismisses Hillary Clinton’s Comments Blaming Him For Her Election Loss"

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/09/is_hillary_clinton_wrong_to_bl.html

"Is Hillary Clinton wrong to blame Bernie Sanders for her loss?"

Use to think 0bama was the worst and not taking credit for all of his failures,....Hildabeast is making him look like and a rookie.

It's backwards, Hillary stole the election from Bernie, how quickly the media shows it's true colors, there was election fraud in key states by the Hillary campaign, let's not forget that, to this date I'm certain that Bernie would have beaten Trump, Hillary lost because SHE ran....

• Like 3