Why send armies. Shouldn't we just execute targeted attacks with snipers or drones. I don't want any of it, but if we must, aren't we beyond combat lines and battalions. Ninjas had this shit down lifetimes ago

If only we knew where when and who to target. Send in a thousand small groups of well armed loosely coordinated special forces with the green light to clean house by any means necessary. The logistics of delivery and extraction would be a nightmare, but damn...

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Why send armies. Shouldn't we just execute targeted attacks with snipers or drones. I don't want any of it, but if we must, aren't we beyond combat lines and battalions. Ninjas had this shit down lifetimes ago

...snipers and drones are effective but limited, its a war that will have no ending in sight. We still need booths in the ground to cover territories or else what you have flushed out of Taliban or ISIS will come back and threaten the locals.

Took KO's advice and did some research on Afghan opium. I knew opium was huge, but the clear cut establishment links I expected to find weren't there. (note font) Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot, but the further afield I go the less credible the sources become. I usually read the right, left, and business perspectives and stitch it together. One thing that stands out is none of them made the OBVIOUS connection that we are paying for the enemy's war against us with our opium/heroine epidemic here at home. Maybe disconnect has something to do with the establishment drug corps not wanting to bring attention to their MASSIVE opium addiction ring? Or should I say the corporate sponsored gateway to heroine.  

BBC: Afghanistan opium production up 43% - UN drugs watchdog

www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37743433 

better farming conditions resulted in a higher yield

Taliban taxes poppy production in areas it controls as income for its military activities

Afghanistan's production of illicit opium is primarily suited for the illegal drug trade.

Breitbart: Post 9/11 Afghanistan: Opium Cultivation, Production Increases Nearly 20-Fold

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/09/11/post-911-afghanistan-opium-cultivation-production-increases-nearly-20-fold/

Title is totally disingenuous, but good info.

Forbes: To Defeat Terrorism In Afghanistan, Start With Opium Crops

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anderscorr/2017/03/26/to-defeat-terrorism-in-afghanistan-start-with-opium-crops-in-nangarhar-province/#594614ce57d3

Found this interesting* in the 2015 to 2016 growing season shows that in areas of Nangarhar held by Islamic State, the terrorist organization does not depend on opium for funding, and is eradicating poppy in the province. Islamic State also closed a major drug bazaar in the province.

My take on it, this is not going to be a simple fix by any stretch. We've been fighting prohibited substances for almost 100 years. Once you "control it" or make it illicit, you insure it's profitability on the black market. Does any of this remind you of the Reagan CIA's cocaine trafficking Iran Contra shit? All's fair in love and...

• Like 1

I think the speech was good didn't give numbers, dates or timelines. Just said we were going to fight smart. Maybe boring since that was the big wigs he was addressing and a little confusing on the racism , bigotry , hate parallel.

The drugs are ancillary? Sarcasm font.

We're not exactly fighting the Mujahedin with huge helicopters against stinger missiles anymore.

Checking the Taliban , cuz they need it. And maybe threatening some trolls like Russia. Setting an example. Special forces in pakiland hopefully

Maybe disconnect has something to do with the establishment drug corps not wanting to bring attention to their MASSIVE opium addiction ring? Or should I say the corporate sp

My take on it, this is not going to be a simple fix by any stretch. We've been fighting prohibited substances for almost 100 years. Once you "control it" or make it illicit, you insure it's profitability on the black market. Does any of this remind you of the Reagan CIA's cocaine trafficking Iran Contra shit? All's fair in love and...

The Govt. and the media are calling it an Opioid crisis but I think most folks take it because it works.

I'm thinking it should be handled like Oil, (shale oil, tar sands etc) build our own supply and drain the coffers of everyone that doesn't like us and manufactures it. And I thought you were doing well until you brought in the Reagan Cocaine smuggling.

I have always thought that was invented by the left to help stop Reagans successful support of the Contra's

Opium, and lots of it, Afghanistan is rich in narcotics agriculture, and this ain't a conspiracy, a few friends of mine that are in the Marines told me all about it, research it, Para, it'll really get your blood boiling.

Like I said, it's about opium, everything else is sugar coat, Afghanistan is the new Colombia, the cartel is the establishment.

Took KO's advice and did some research on Afghan opium. I knew opium was huge, but the clear cut establishment links I expected to find weren't there. (note font) Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot, but the further afield I go the less credible the sources become. I usually read the right, left, and business perspectives and stitch it together. One thing that stands out is none of them made the OBVIOUS connection that we are paying for the enemy's war against us with our opium/heroine epidemic here at home. Maybe disconnect has something to do with the establishment drug corps not wanting to bring attention to their MASSIVE opium addiction ring? Or should I say the corporate sponsored gateway to heroine.  

Taliban taxes poppy production in areas it controls as income for its military activities

Afghanistan's production of illicit opium is primarily suited for the illegal drug trade.

Breitbart: Post 9/11 Afghanistan: Opium Cultivation, Production Increases Nearly 20-Fold

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/09/11/post-911-afghanistan-opium-cultivation-production-increases-nearly-20-fold/

Forbes: To Defeat Terrorism In Afghanistan, Start With Opium Crops

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anderscorr/2017/03/26/to-defeat-terrorism-in-afghanistan-start-with-opium-crops-in-nangarhar-province/#594614ce57d3

Found this interesting* in the 2015 to 2016 growing season shows that in areas of Nangarhar held by Islamic State, the terrorist organization does not depend on opium for funding, and is eradicating poppy in the province. Islamic State also closed a major drug bazaar in the province.

Yeah it's mostly hype. There has always been poppy growing there for millennia. It's like moonshine.

The Govt. and the media are calling it an Opioid crisis but I think most folks take it because it works.

I'm thinking it should be handled like Oil, (shale oil, tar sands etc) build our own supply and drain the coffers of everyone that doesn't like us and manufactures it. And I thought you were doing well until you brought in the Reagan Cocaine smuggling.

I have always thought that was invented by the left to help stop Reagans successful support of the Contra's

Doctors are to blame for this crisis, same as handing out antibiotics for the common cold and having drug resistant strains now. If you hand out a powerful pain reliever of course the taker is going to come back for more.  Doctors cave into patients demands too much. 

So what you're saying is that you should produce your own opiods and cut out the middle man. Wow that's a great idea, the price would drop so low you could afford to send it to school with the kiddies in their lunch. It's no longer just affordable by police, firemen and airline pilots anymore. Even low income grandma could afford to be fucked up 24/7.

Took KO's advice and did some research on Afghan opium. I knew opium was huge, but the clear cut establishment links I expected to find weren't there. (note font) Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot, but the further afield I go the less credible the sources become. I usually read the right, left, and business perspectives and stitch it together. One thing that stands out is none of them made the OBVIOUS connection that we are paying for the enemy's war against us with our opium/heroine epidemic here at home. Maybe disconnect has something to do with the establishment drug corps not wanting to bring attention to their MASSIVE opium addiction ring? Or should I say the corporate sponsored gateway to heroine.

Forbes: To Defeat Terrorism In Afghanistan, Start With Opium Crops

Yes, Sir, keep it hidden and away from public view, hush hush puppy, nothing to see here, that's my point, they, whoever they is behind the drug grab, don't want us to see or know anything.

Not saying it doesn't work, only that it's incredibly addictive. Just ask Rush Limbaugh. Once their scrip runs out many turn to heroine. So many it has become a crisis.

Trump declares state of emergency, vows to combat opioid crisis

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trump-declares-state-emergency-vows-combat-opioid-crisis-article-1.3400818

Trump declares US opioid pain drugs national emergency

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40891691

The Iran–Contra scandal began as an operation to free seven American hostages being held in Lebanon before Reagan became president. After years of investigation, in 1987 Reagan took full responsibility saying that "what began as a strategic opening to Iran deteriorated, in its implementation, it evolved into trading arms for hostages" despite an arms trade embargo with Iran. Reagan Administration acknowledged in1986 that funds from cocaine smuggling had helped fund the Contra rebels, but stated that the smuggling was not authorized by the US government. Despite multiple first hand accounts the CIA was involved in that cocaine smuggling, all document evidence was destroyed or sealed as classified.

• Like 1

The Iran–Contra scandal began as an operation to free seven American hostages being held in Lebanon before Reagan became president. After years of investigation, in 1987 Reagan took full responsibility saying that "what began as a strategic opening to Iran deteriorated, in its implementation, it evolved into trading arms for hostages" despite an arms trade embargo with Iran. Reagan Administration acknowledged in1986 that funds from cocaine smuggling had helped fund the Contra rebels, but stated that the smuggling was not authorized by the US government. Despite multiple first hand accounts the CIA was involved in that cocaine smuggling, all document evidence was destroyed or sealed as classified.

wait - so eleven year old hybrid car links annoy you but three decades later Iran-Contra is still a bee in your bonnet when it pales in comparison to a million other scandals?

Big Donor Calls Favorable Treatment a 'Coincidence'

Monday, May 25, 1998; Page A1

In June 1994, Bernard L. Schwartz, the chairman of Loral Corp., wrote his first six-figure check to the Democratic Party, donating $100,000 to the Democratic National Committee.

The Clinton administration has been good to Bernard Schwartz, and he to it. Schwartz, a lifelong Democrat and longtime political donor, dramatically ratcheted up his giving after President Clinton took office, contributing a total of more than $1 million to Democratic party committees since then.

And as it has adopted policies favorable to U.S. companies seeking and doing business in China, the administration has taken steps favorable to Loral.

Last February, Clinton approved the company's request to launch a commercial telecommunications satellite aboard a Chinese rocket, choosing to side with the State Department's assessment of the launch as "in the national interest" rather than with Justice Department concerns that approval would interfere with an ongoing criminal investigation. Justice was – and still is – looking into whether Loral and another company provided unauthorized assistance to China's ballistic missile program after an unsuccessful previous launch.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/campfin/stories/loral052598.htm

Liu's Deals With Chung: An Intercontinental Puzzle

Sunday, May 24, 1998

Liu Chaoying, the daughter of China's most powerful military official, brokered deals for missile components one day and Sonoma Valley Cabernet the next. Johnny Chung, the California business partner she hooked up with in 1996, was a glad-handing entrepreneur who boasted of his White House access.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/campfin/stories/liu052498.htm

GOP Says U.S. Gave China Nuclear Edge

Wednesday, May 6, 1998

Congressional Republicans plan a series of hearings to investigate whether President Clinton's policy on the export of commercial satellites to China has allowed the Chinese to acquire technology to improve the accuracy of their nuclear missiles, according to GOP lawmakers and aides.

The hearings will focus on Clinton's decisions to allow two U.S. aerospace companies, Loral Space and Communications Ltd. and Hughes Electronic Corp., to export satellites to be launched atop Chinese rockets. The Justice Department has been investigating a report that Loral improperly gave China advice to upgrade the guidance systems on its rockets after a failed launch in 1996 destroyed a Loral satellite.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/campfin/stories/cf050698.htm

• Like 1

Most folks take it because they got hooked on it ! 

• Like 1

The Democratic National Convention’s brilliant plan of “act like a business for people who are getting owned by business” is proceeding just as planned. The DNC, taking a page from the dark mirror universe version of How To Do Politics, is sending out mail that looks nothing like student debt collectors shaking down graduates for their spare change. Surely, this will win the hearts of millennials.

finalnotice.jpg

It makes a kind of lunatic sense, this kind of mailing. The Dems are a collection agency. They garner the wages of idealists and do-gooders and sell them to Wall Street. The Dems are in hock to business and every other corporate Continental-brunch-haver worth naming. It’s easier to make a list of who the Dems aren’t owned by.

We know they’re in bed with people who collect debts for a living. Why wouldn’t they pick up the tips ‘n’ tricks of their business partners? Live with someone long enough, and you begin to resemble your partner. You look at this mailing and see shamefulness, but I stare at it and see the synergy of business love. A romance novel written by Adam Smith.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/08/why-are-the-dems-sending-collection-letters-to-don.html

• Like 2

170823074003-robert-lee-robert-e-lee-780

LIBERALISM IS NOT A MENTAL DIS-......wait....

ESPN pulls Asian-American announcer from Virginia football game because he has a Confederate general's name

ESPN, which has faced accusations of liberal bias that some observers believe has led to a downtick in viewership, said it moved its announcer to the Youngstown State game at Pittsburgh.

The network's full statement: “We collectively made the decision with Robert to switch games as the tragic events in Charlottesville were unfolding, simply because of the coincidence of his name. In that moment it felt right to all parties. It's a shame that this is even a topic of conversation and we regret that who calls play-by-play for a football game has become an issue.”

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/08/22/espn-pulls-asian-american-announcer-from-virginia-football-game-because-has-confederate-generals-name.html

920x920.jpg

• Like 4

Yes, Sir, keep it hidden and away from public view, hush hush puppy, nothing to see here, that's my point, they, whoever they is behind the drug grab, don't want us to see or know anything.

Fuck me, lack of something is not proof it's hidden and real. SMH. Your marine buddies are likely buying into a urban myth over there. Just like strut braces actually DO anything.

• Like 1