You make excellent points KO. No argument over those executive orders out of the starting gate. Unlike you, I've watched Trump's character for over 30 years WHEN HE WAS A DEMOCRAT, and before he made his bones in real estate. I can tell you straight up, his qualities represent absolutely nothing I want in the office of president. He's demonstrated exactly what I knew was coming. This has nothing to do with left or right, it's what I see in his entitled spoiled ass rich boy character that I have always hated.

• Like 5
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a kid, or say, over 50 years ago and you wanted a breakfast cereal there was Kellogg's Corn Flakes, Cheerios, Rice Crispies, Shredded Wheat, Trix and maybe oatmeal. So if you wanted to eat something for breakfast you probably found one you liked and bugged mom to buy it. There wasn't much else so you couldn't ask for anything else.

Today the cereal isle is as long as a football field. Somewhere in there amongst the hundreds of boxes and bags was your Cheerios.  But what's this!!! ..............Cheerios Ancient Grains, Cheerios (love your heart), Nut 'n Honey Cheerios, Cheerios Apple Cinnamon, Cheerios Snak Mix,  Cheerios Protein, Frosted Cheerios, Chocolate Cheerios, Cheerios Banana 'n Nut, Strawberry Cheerios, Multi-Grain Cheerios Peanut Butter, Fruity Cheerios, Pumpkin Spice, Cheerios Cinnamon Oat, Yogurt Burst Cheerios, Chocolatly Five Grains Cheerios, Berry Burst Cheerios, Low Sugar Oat Cheerios, Very Berry Cheerios..... and this is just Cheerios!

You see, instead of "You get Cheerios, Rice Crispies or Trix, or do without" the choice was simple. Now, there's something for everyone, hell there are probably choices nobody even cares about, but finding it or deciding what you want is a lot of work. This is known as the tyranny of choice, and likely you would pick something and then not really like it. So you try another, and another, and another... knowing there were so many more to try, never being happy.

So it is with political groups/parties. It seems that it's wall to wall groups clamoring for their rights, gimme gimme gimme. My group is anti your group. Carried to an end, every person will wind up his own party. How do you govern this?

When I was a kid, or say, over 50 years ago and you wanted a breakfast cereal there was Kellogg's Corn Flakes, Cheerios, Rice Crispies, Shredded Wheat, Trix and maybe oatmeal. So if you wanted to eat something for breakfast you probably found one you liked and bugged mom to buy it. There wasn't much else so you couldn't ask for anything else.

Today the cereal isle is as long as a football field. Somewhere in there amongst the hundreds of boxes and bags was your Cheerios.  But what's this!!! ..............Cheerios Ancient Grains, Cheerios (love your heart), Nut 'n Honey Cheerios, Cheerios Apple Cinnamon, Cheerios Snak Mix,  Cheerios Protein, Frosted Cheerios, Chocolate Cheerios, Cheerios Banana 'n Nut, Strawberry Cheerios, Multi-Grain Cheerios Peanut Butter, Fruity Cheerios, Pumpkin Spice, Cheerios Cinnamon Oat, Yogurt Burst Cheerios, Chocolatly Five Grains Cheerios, Berry Burst Cheerios, Low Sugar Oat Cheerios, Very Berry Cheerios..... and this is just Cheerios!

You see, instead of "You get Cheerios, Rice Crispies or Trix, or do without" the choice was simple. Now, there's something for everyone, hell there are probably choices nobody even cares about, but finding it or deciding what you want is a lot of work. This is known as the tyranny of choice, and likely you would pick something and then not really like it. So you try another, and another, and another... knowing there were so many more to try, never being happy.

So it is with political groups/parties. It seems that it's wall to wall groups clamoring for their rights, gimme gimme gimme. My group is anti your group. Carried to an end, every person will wind up his own party. How do you govern this?

You're spending way too much time in the cereal aisle,fuck Cheerios,i like Raisin Bran.

• Like 3

I don't know, but soon there will be a machine that makes custom cereal for every individual taste. Maybe they will come up with a pacifier for wieners who are incapable of compromise. Religion 2.0

• Like 1

Jeebus, Mike.....you need to lay off Facebook!!!!

Para's link https://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/superpacs.php

""Technically known as independent expenditure-only committees, super PACs may raise unlimited sums of money from corporations, unions, associations and individuals, then spend unlimited sums to overtly advocate for or against political candidates. Unlike traditional PACs, super PACs are prohibited from donating money directly to political candidates, and their spending must not be coordinated with that of the candidates they benefit. Super PACs are required to report their donors to the Federal Election Commission on a monthly or semiannual basis – the super PAC's choice – in off-years, and monthly in the year of an election.""

not supported by an candidate or candidate committee

The ultra funny thing is it is the essential Para point I hate it all and want to voice it. Now with Citizens United court ruling you can go out and find everyone else like you band together self fund or find a business that feels the same way and then have at it each and every political season.

IF a viable 3rd party was ever to show up. This is essentially the only way that party is going to get a footing. Spending outside the control of the two parties.

Got tired of cereal. Oatmeal is what I have for breakfast daily.

Made with milk, that dark brown sugar and raisins. Not for breakfast in the traditional early morning but maybe mid morning or lunch at work. It's just so damn easy to make and snack on, and it's filling.

Regarding too many parties, at least here in the USA, you get to chose, at the extreme, like n. Korea only one choice Kim Little Ding!

One is not a choice. We could certainly do will a lot less choices.